Author Topic: GSX does not start / does not appear in Addon menu **SOLVED**  (Read 3686 times)

kauzi

Hi GSX Team,

I have problems to get GSX running after a complete reinstall of Windows and FSX. I can't start the plugin via ctrl+F12 and the plugin does not show up in the addon menu. Other addons like FSUIPC do appear in the addon menu and work w/o problems.

Until now I had GSX running on Win8.1. At first there also were some installing problems that were fortunately solved (see thread here http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,10577.0.html).

But now I switched back to Win 7 and did a complete fresh install of FSX from DVD (No Steam Edition). The install of GSX showed no error messages. During the first start of FSX the security messages ("Aloow Addon Manager" and "Allow Couatl") appeared an I allowed to start these programs. But, as mentinoed, GSX does not start (ctrl-F12) and does not appear in the Addon menu.

After a complete deinstall of GSX and PC restart I again installed GSX with deactivated anti virus tool followed by a FSX start (also w/o anti vir tool). The result was the same as before, no working GSX.

I again deinstalled GSX and reistalled. Now I forced the setup to write a log. I will send the log vial email (as I've done here http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,10577.0.html)

I hope my description is helpful for you to find the error....and finally a solution for my problem.

Best,
kauzi
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 10:17:42 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Reinstall: GSX does not start / does not appear in Addon menu
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2015, 09:33:16 pm »
But, as mentinoed, GSX does not start (ctrl-F12) and does not appear in the Addon menu.

The usual question. By saying "GSX doesn't appear in the Addons menu", do you mean:

- The "Couatl powered products" menu doesn't have entries for GSX

OR

- The "Couatl powered products" menu is missing from the "Addons" menu

OR

- The "Addon Manager" is also missing missing from the "Addons" menu

OR

- The whole "Addons" menu is missing.

kauzi

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2015, 11:53:42 pm »
Hi,

As mentioned, other addons (e.g. FSUIPC) appear in the addon menu and work w/o problems, i.e. the addon menu exists and is displayed as usual. But non of the GSX related "addons" are listed in the addon menu. Not the addon manager nor the couatl engine. The addon menu looks exactly the same as before the installation of GSX. That is strange as FSX asked at the first startup after GSX installation if I want to allow to start addon manager and couatl...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2015, 12:18:28 pm »
If the problem happened after you just reinstalled FSX, maybe it's an issue of missing VC++ libraries or the Simconnect libraries, due to a problem happened when uninstalling/reinstalling FSX.

Try all of these:

- Be sure you install FSX, then the SP1, then the SP2. You can also try an FSX SP2 "Repair" option, by launching again the FSX SP2 installer

- Try to download the VC++ 2013 runtimes from here:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

Download and install the x86 version. Restart Windows after you installed them.

kauzi

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2015, 04:26:45 pm »
Hi,

the VC++ libs caused the problem. I installed the mentioned version, now GSX works w/o problems. Thanks for the fast help.

Best,
Michael