Author Topic: 'Select Handling Operator' Help  (Read 4756 times)

oo0spyder0oo

'Select Handling Operator' Help
« on: June 20, 2015, 09:08:01 am »
Hi everyone, just joined to enquire about this:
At certain airports (especially US airports) I get a dialog box that asks me what operator I want to do my catering/boarding. However, sometimes I don't get the choice.
Here, for example:
http://i.imgur.com/Br544RM.jpg]http://i.imgur.com/Br544RM.jpg]http://i.imgur.com/Br544RM.jpg
In Flytampa YSSY at the Qantas domestic gates, I got a choice of operator. However in the international terminal I didn't get a choice and got Qantas instantly.
I know of the point scoring system (higher chance of getting airlines at certain gates/airports) however is there a way to be able to choose the handler where-ever I go?

Thanks,
Ryan
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 09:41:30 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: 'Select Handling Operator' Help
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2015, 09:58:28 am »
In Flytampa YSSY at the Qantas domestic gates, I got a choice of operator. However in the international terminal I didn't get a choice and got Qantas instantly.

That's strange, because the feature should show all operators that match an airport with the full ICAO code at least, together with those that are assigned to the parking specifically. At least, this is how's supposed to work...

Could you please indicate the precise gate this is happening ?

oo0spyder0oo

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2015, 11:18:12 am »
Just tested it at Gate 37, International Terminal at YSSY. Didn't get a choice to select operators, it just gave me Qantas.
And, from what I know, there are no specific "Qantas" gates at Sydney's International Terminal so it Qantas shouldn't have had more probability than others.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 11:25:37 am by oo0spyder0oo »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2015, 09:53:22 pm »
Just tested it at Gate 37, International Terminal at YSSY. Didn't get a choice to select operators, it just gave me Qantas.

I tried it now, and I got JST, Dnata and Qantas, which is exactly what I expected to get, because JST and Dnata both have full 4 letters matching in the GSX vehicles set, and Qantas is also is assigned to that parking.

And, from what I know, there are no specific "Qantas" gates at Sydney's International Terminal so it Qantas shouldn't have had more probability than others.

The AFCAD as made by Flytampa DOES have a QFA code at Gate 37 so yes, it's correct that Qantas would get a better score, but it's nevertheless displayed as a choice together with JST and Dnata.

Are you sure you are using the latest GSX ? to be absolutely sure you have the latest GSX and the latest vehicles too, download and install in this order:

1) The latest GSX full installer

2) The GSX vehicles update N.5

3) The Couatl 3 Public Beta

oo0spyder0oo

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2015, 09:17:14 am »
I did "re-install" GSX by just running the full installer again (before my previous post), but I have never applied the vehicles update before, I just thought it was included in the installer. By N.5 which one do you mean? I see 3 vehicle updates on the website.
I'll re-install Couatl 3 Public Beta too, after installing these in order.

Thanks,
Ryan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2015, 07:02:11 pm »
have never applied the vehicles update before, I just thought it was included in the installer.

yes, they normally are, but while we were in Beta, we haven't updated the full installer yet, but added a couple of additional vehicles in the latest vehicle update, so I said to download them, in order to be absolutely sure you have the latest vehicles set.

By N.5 which one do you mean? I see 3 vehicle updates on the website.

The most recent one. N.5 is the name of the installer.