Author Topic: LEVC (Simware - Valencia X) passenger boarding bridge and GSX  (Read 6018 times)

leha76

Good afternoon. When I call GSX, missing passenger boarding bridge in LEVC (Simware - Valencia X)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: LEVC (Simware - Valencia X) passenger boarding bridge and GSX
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 07:24:50 pm »
As explained many times already (too many times to count, really, there's even a blue highlight on the manual), GSX doesn't control, doesn't affect, doesn't change, is not affected by, anything related to jetways.

They continue to work (or not) as they always did. Installing GSX won't change anything about how jetways operate. Nothing in GSX can change anything related to jetways in any scenery, they are entirely and totally separate.

If a scenery developer made proper animated jetways for FSX, they would work just as they did before installing GSX, obviously because GSX doesn't affect them, at all, you will still have to operate them.

If a scenery developer doesn't offer animated jetways for FSX, GSX won't change this either.

jenstt

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2016, 10:14:52 pm »
Valencia uses SODE jetways which are deleted when activating GSX.. As the long awaited update to GSX is not released yet I think this person is right when he says the jetways disappear (previously this was patched through liveupdate but this stopped quite some time ago when the big sode-integrating update was announced).

leha76

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2016, 03:19:02 am »
As explained many times already (too many times to count, really, there's even a blue highlight on the manual), GSX doesn't control, doesn't affect, doesn't change, is not affected by, anything related to jetways.

Affects very much.  ;D They disappear if you turn on the GSX. Previously released updates for GSX UUEE for example, this problem was solved before with other scenes. That's why I was wondering maybe we should wait for the GSX update?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2016, 12:34:12 pm »
Ok, the explanation makes more sense, it wasn't very clear in the first message. Yes, if a scenery uses SODE jetways and is not recognized by GSX as such, they will removed as soon as you start GSX.

We made some specific exceptions for some sceneries, but this wont' be needed anymore with the GSX update with SODE integration. You simply must wait for that to be released. It won't be long, it's just that we are adding other new features, and we cannot release a Live Update right now.

jgoggi

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2016, 10:04:48 am »
Unfortunately I will be away from my computer for a few days, but at reading this post a tremendous doubt comes into my head: does GSX disable SODE jetways also at Aerosoft Rome Fiumicino airport v1.02? (I haven't yet tried GSX at that airport)
James Goggi

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2016, 10:22:52 am »
does GSX disable SODE jetways also at Aerosoft Rome Fiumicino airport v1.02? (I haven't yet tried GSX at that airport)

Probably yes, because it's not included in the current list of excluded airports. The next version won't require keeping an updated list, because it will recognize SODE jetways automatically. It's almost done, we are just fixing late bugs and coordinating it with the KMEM release.

jgoggi

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2016, 10:37:57 am »
Good news, looking forward... Thank you Umberto for your reply!
James Goggi