Author Topic: [P3D V3.1] bglmanx.dll - Entry Point Not Found **SOLVED**  (Read 52942 times)

Koebrood

Re: [P3D V3.1] bglmanx.dll - Entry Point Not Found **SOLVED**
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2016, 03:04:46 pm »
Hi guys,
I'm in a bit of a pickle here.
It started off with the SimConnect_Text error and I tried fixing it using the suggest steps on page 1 by also deleting the SimConnect folder from the Winsxs folder.
However, when I'm trying to reinstall SimConnect, the deleted folder is not created in the Winsxs folder.
P3D now gives me 2 errors (it's translated from Dutch, so I don't know the exact error in English):
-Cannot start simobjectdisplayengine.exe
-Cannot start couatl.exe

So either the winsxs folder is corrupted somehow or it's a permission issue.

Any help is welcome :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2016, 03:16:47 pm »
However, when I'm trying to reinstall SimConnect, the deleted folder is not created in the Winsxs folder.

It should. Do you have errors from the Simconnect installer ? Try running it in admin mode, immediately after a Windows restart.

Koebrood

« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2016, 03:28:26 pm »
Hi Umberto, thanks for your quick reply!
Frankly, I'm not able to select 'Run as administrator' through the right-click menu.
When selecting properties the option 'Run as administrator' is ticked but greyed out, so I'm not sure which mode the installer uses (my user account is admin by default btw).
No errors are being displayed when installing SimConnect. I do see the manifests being created in the winsxs folder, but nothing else.
Additional info: I'm using Windows 10.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 04:02:49 pm by Koebrood »

Koebrood

« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2016, 05:24:44 pm »
I was able to restore the winsxs folder by using a Windows restore point, couldn't manage otherwiste but now it seems to be working.