Author Topic: KDFW Runways  (Read 27884 times)

PilotJsmith

Re: KDFW Runways
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2010, 09:32:10 pm »
Ok that Anisotropic filtering settings fixes it, thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2010, 10:50:25 pm »
Ok that Anisotropic filtering settings fixes it, thanks

That's good.

If you go to the top of the forum, there's an updated AFCAD that fixes the wrong PAPI at 18R. In fact, the PAPI was right, it was the ILS that had its glide misplaced.

peman40

« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2010, 12:45:10 am »
thanks for your expertise, now it All looks better! (UTX too)

pcubine

« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2010, 09:12:37 pm »
The main FSX folder under Microsoft Games was deleted. It was called Microsoft Flight Simulator. There was 400-500MB of files such as flight plans, navigational data etc. that was not removed by uninstalling FSX. All data left in app/roaming/Microsoft/FSX was deleted. All data in documents was deleted. I believe all FSX data was removed.

I downloaded the newest driver and reset the nDivia control panel to default. No change in runway appearance.

When I saw that by changing Anisotropic filtering someone had success in changing runway appearances, I wondered how that could be done. I thought maybe it would be in nHancer so I downloaded that and installed it. That is what I am trying now. No luck so far but I still have aways to go. I will not be able to complete that until Sunday morning. Right now on that PC I have started a flight from EDDF to KLAX. I will let you know what happens.

I almost forgot to tell you that I tried flights from KDAL to KDFW departing KDAL on 31 and landing KDFW on 36L. On one of the flights instead of turning north for a ILS 36L I continued heading west and flew perpendicurlar to the runways at 3200 feet AGL. No problems with the runways appearances. I then turned north for a while and flew east perpendicular to the runways. No problems. I then turned south, west, and north for ILS 36L. As soon as the airplane was p

Michael Cubine

NZXT H440 Mid Tower, ASRock Z170 MB, i7-7700K (OC 5.0), Corsair Hydro H1 15i Liquid Cooling, 32GB DDR4 TridentZ SDRAM 3000MHz, 11GB NVIDA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Video Card, 1000 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD

pcubine

« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2010, 09:18:16 pm »
I don't know why the last post quite when it did but here is the rest of it.   As soon as the plane pointed towards the runways the area went grass/green. Why could I see the runways from the side but not the front view?

Michael Cubine
Michael Cubine

NZXT H440 Mid Tower, ASRock Z170 MB, i7-7700K (OC 5.0), Corsair Hydro H1 15i Liquid Cooling, 32GB DDR4 TridentZ SDRAM 3000MHz, 11GB NVIDA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Video Card, 1000 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD

peman40

« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2010, 09:18:55 pm »
Nvidia control panel ->3D settings ->manage 3D settings ->Global settings tab -> second FEATURE on list

pcubine

« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2010, 11:10:23 pm »
Nvidia control panel ->3D settings ->manage 3D settings ->Global settings tab -> second FEATURE on list

Peman40

Thanks. I'll try that Sunday morning as soon as I get on the computer.

Michael Cubine
Michael Cubine

pcubine

« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2010, 09:57:30 am »
Success at last. I tried a lot of different things with no luck. But here is the solution that worked. nDivia Control Panel/3D Images set Anisotropic filtering set to 8x and application control not checked. nHancer has the same settings for Anisotropic filtering as nDivia. I uninstalled KDFW 1.0.1 and installed KDFW 1.0.5. I could probably uninstall nHancer but I don't want to screw with anything and get KDFW messed up again.

I thank every one for their help.

Michael Cubine
Michael Cubine

PaulDM

« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2014, 04:34:46 am »
I have been having the same problems as this this person posted. I'm running a built computer with an I7-3930k; 16.0 gb ram; nvidia GForce gtx680. Attached are the pics I took on approach //to KDFW 17C on 7/30/2014. All programs were up to date and scenery was a clean load tonight.
Thank You
Paul McCullough

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2014, 09:22:56 am »
I have been having the same problems as this this person posted.

Then you should apply the same suggestion that will surely work. Your screenshot clearly indicates your video card settings are wrong, because you haven't Anisotropic filtering enabled, and that's is mandatory to get good quality with ground textures in FSX.

Enable Anisotropic settings at 16x, using the setting to Enhance the application.

PaulDM

« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2014, 10:43:34 pm »
Dear Sir, My settings are correct including Anisotropic settings at 16x. I'm only trying to find a fix as all your other add on airports are working great. sending pic of video card.
Paul McCullough

PaulDM

« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2014, 10:53:44 pm »
FSDT, I found a fix for the grassy runways on dfw. I had an old scenery that was showing thru somehow. Airport scanner took care of it. Thank you and keep up the great work.
Paul McCullough

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2014, 12:35:20 am »
Dear Sir, My settings are correct including Anisotropic settings at 16x

No, they aren't. Your screenshot clearly indicate you have Antisotropic filtering disabled in FSX. Perhaps you are looking at the Global settings of your video card, but if you have a profile for FSX, or you used a 3rd party enhancer, you must check the custom FSX profile, and/or the 3rd party enhancer tweaks.

Also, try different Antisotropic settings in FSX itself, when the driver is set to enhance the application, you might get better result by turning it off in FSX. But try BOTH settings.

And of course, be sure you have the textures slider in FSX to the Maximum value or, better, use the Addon Manager to set HD texture, although KDFW doesn't use them.

I'm only trying to find a fix as all your other add on airports are working great.

Not all of them have custom runway textures, and ONLY those that have, are affected by the lack of Anisotropic filtering. There's nothing wrong with the scenery, your screenshot is a clear case example of lack of Anisotropic filtering.

Clear proof of this, is your FIRST screenshot, which shows also the *default* scenery around KDFW, and the texture quality is just as bad as the runway, and the same is true for the airplane textures, they are blurred too.

Do you use the "Fiber Accelerator" program ? If yes, perhaps that one is playing tricks of you and in order to keep the fps as requested, is lowering your setting in real-time.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 12:37:14 am by virtuali »

Aviator327

« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2014, 10:21:23 am »
I purchased KDFW on 12-22-14 and had the same issues with the runways looking like grass on the approach. After looking at the post here with the possible fixes I can now see the runways 5nm out on the approach. I changed the FSX settings from Trilinear to Anisotropic fillering and in the Nvidia Control Panel, set the Anisotropic filtering to 8X. I am glad I found this thread about the grassy runways.
Airline Transport Pilot (Retired)