Author Topic: KDFW Runways  (Read 28021 times)

pcubine

KDFW Runways
« on: August 10, 2010, 05:08:06 am »
The whole area of 35, 36, 17 and 18 Runway sets at KDFW appears to be grass on an ILS approach. At about 800 feet AGL the runways which are still grass appear to be outlined by a white line. At about 500 feet AGL the runway threshold becomes visable, then the touuchdown zone, etc. A visual appoach would be impossible since you are virtually at the runway before you can see it.

In FSX settings every slider in the secenery tab is full to the right. The only thing not maxed out is water effects. The Addon Manager for KDFW still has the default settings in effect. Is there anything that can be done to get rid of this grass and have the runways appear at say 2000-3000 AGL on approach?

Thank you
Michael Cubine
Michael Cubine

NZXT H440 Mid Tower, ASRock Z170 MB, i7-7700K (OC 5.0), Corsair Hydro H1 15i Liquid Cooling, 32GB DDR4 TridentZ SDRAM 3000MHz, 11GB NVIDA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Video Card, 1000 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KDFW Runways
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 10:32:57 am »
The whole area of 35, 36, 17 and 18 Runway sets at KDFW appears to be grass on an ILS approach.

Dosn't happen here (see the screenshots) so, it's a problem created by another scenery in conflict: what do you have installed for this area ?

pcubine

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 03:06:43 pm »
I have nothing installed. Prior to FSDT KDWF it was all default FSX scenery. See reply No 3 below.

Michael Cubine
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 03:11:49 pm by pcubine »
Michael Cubine

NZXT H440 Mid Tower, ASRock Z170 MB, i7-7700K (OC 5.0), Corsair Hydro H1 15i Liquid Cooling, 32GB DDR4 TridentZ SDRAM 3000MHz, 11GB NVIDA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Video Card, 1000 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD

pcubine

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 03:09:35 pm »
Maybe this issue has something to do with the runways http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=3351.0
Michael Cubine

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 03:20:00 pm »
I have nothing installed. Prior to FSDT KDWF it was all default FSX scenery.

I see plenty of addons mentioned in you signature, have you reinstalled everything from scratch ?

Maybe this issue has something to do with the runways http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=3351.0

Antivirus issue doesn't have anything to do with your issue. It's the antivirus is blocking the modules, you won't see any scenery, except the jetways.

If you see something covering the runway, as in your description of the problem, it measn you have another scenery in conflict.

Or, as indicate in the manual "Design notes" page, you have any ATI card and have enabled "Adaptive Antialiasing", this should be disabled, otherwise parts of the scenery will disappear. On nVidia, it's called "Transparency Antialiasing"
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 03:25:40 pm by virtuali »

pcubine

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2010, 04:22:54 pm »
I have a lot more addons than are listed in the signature. I have not reinstalled them and I have no intentions of doing so. You told me Microsoft Security Essentials would work with the installation of KDFW and not block anything. So I uninstalled Norton and installed Microsoft. It made no difference. That thread on the installation went on and on after I did that.

The only addon scenery I have is FSDT KJFK and KORD. Should they be uninstalled?

Where do I make the change on nVidia card. I can find no place in Device Manager, Video Display, 285X GT, Properties?

Thank you
Michael Cubine
Michael Cubine

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2010, 06:20:07 pm »
You told me Microsoft Security Essentials would work with the installation of KDFW and not block anything. So I uninstalled Norton and installed Microsoft. It made no difference.

As I've already said, THIS is not a problem of the Antivirus!!! If it's something related to the antivirus, NOTHING will show up, you will not see the Addon Manager and/or the Couatl menus, and the only thing visible would be the jetways.

Since you said you see all the scenery, but have a visual problem on the runways, you can forget about any antivirus issues.

That thread on the installation went on and on after I did that.

Not really, after the antivirus discussion, your last message said that you finally saw the scenery so, the problem was fixed, exactly as I suggested, by switching to a different antivirus program.

The only addon scenery I have is FSDT KJFK and KORD. Should they be uninstalled?

Surely not.

Where do I make the change on nVidia card. I can find no place in Device Manager, Video Display, 285X GT, Properties?

Not in the Windows Device Manager, you should have an nVidia control panel that appears when you right-click on your Desktop.

pcubine

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2010, 06:21:26 pm »
Let me see if I can explain this issue in more detail. On a BYP5 STAR from the NE to 35C, I will eventually be heading south parallel to the runway I am going to land on. At this point I am probably 7-8000 AGL. If I look out to the right I can see the runways and taxiways around them fine. Eventually I will turn west and then north to intercept the localizer for 35C. It is at this point that I can no longer see anything but a green field where the runways are and 35C does not come into view until about 500 AGL as I indicated in the initial post.

Thank you
Michael Cubine
Michael Cubine

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2010, 06:25:10 pm »
Do you have FSX configured to run into "Windows XP compatibility mode ?". If yes, turn if off, because that option  cause problems (it's not how FSX is installed by default anyway).

To check it, go to your FSX folder, select the FSX.EXE, right-click on it, select "Properties", then the "Compatibility" tab. Nothing should be checked there.

pcubine

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2010, 07:26:52 pm »
Antiialiasing-Transparency is off and has been off since the card was installed in the spring. Nothing is checked on the "Compatibility" tab.

Michael Cubine
Michael Cubine

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2010, 07:56:05 pm »
Sorry, I don't have any other explanation. Have you tried uninstalling KDFW, and download our updated installer (version 1.0.2 we put it online yesterday ) ?

pcubine

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2010, 08:24:01 pm »
Is the V 1.0.2 or 1.02 referred to in this thread http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=3407.0

What about the download Saturday. It was 98mb. This download referred to above is 12mb. I am totally confused now. Please give me a link to what I should download and is the new download the only thing that should be installed?

Thank you
Michael Cubine
Michael Cubine

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2010, 10:04:39 pm »
It was 98mb. This download referred to above is 12mb. I am totally confused now.

The 12mb download is the updated from 1.0 to 1.0.2 so, it will only works if you already have 1.0 installed. The full 1.0.2 installer is on the usual place, in the main web page.

There's no difference from installing the update over an 1.0 version or uninstalling everything, and download the full installer, just the time it takes to download the full one. However, in your case, it might be best to start from scratch, uninstall everything, download the new full installer, and install that one only.

pcubine

« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2010, 05:11:56 am »
I have downloaded and installed the full version 1.0.2. The setup.exe ran to conclusion with no run or trust boxes coming up but KDFW is in the Addon Manager now. Do I have to enter any product key, serial number, or registration number to complete the installation process?

As far as the runways and grass, I believe there has been a small improvement. Maybe you could take the AGLs' in the first post and add 500 feet to them but on the whole the appearance of the runway area is unsatisfactory. It is what it is.

I will probably uninstall KDFW and try again in 3 or 4 months. I have done that with other addon that initiallly did not work but they were okay the second time around.

Thank you for your time, help, and promptness. Don't forget the question in the second line of this post.

Thank you
Michael Cubine

Michael Cubine

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2010, 10:11:42 am »
I have downloaded and installed the full version 1.0.2. The setup.exe ran to conclusion with no run or trust boxes coming up but KDFW is in the Addon Manager now

That's normal, if the Addon Manager hasn't changed, FSX will remember you trusted it.

Do I have to enter any product key, serial number, or registration number to complete the installation process?

Surely not, the registration is not dependent by the installation. You can uninstall and reinstall as many times as you whish, without losing the registration.

As far as the runways and grass, I believe there has been a small improvement. Maybe you could take the AGLs' in the first post and add 500 feet to them but on the whole the appearance of the runway area is unsatisfactory. It is what it is.

As I've said, I think to have exhausted all the possible solution. Just to be sure:

Do you have the Mesh Complexity Slider at 100 and the Mesh Resolution Slider at 10 cm/pixel ?