Author Topic: GSX 1.9 Update - De-Icers!  (Read 178760 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX 1.9 Update - De-Icers!
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2014, 01:24:55 pm »
With the old version 1.8.9.4 i could resolve the pb assigning right forward (the more forward) service door 1 to door with open/close checks as FSX Door#4 and right backward  (the more backward) service door 2 to no door at this position. With the new version 1.9.0 it doesn't work! It is stopping to the message catering service is on their way again!

I don't know what I did to the configuration file but, I just tried asking for catering with the Dash 8, using the default configuration that comes with GSX, and catering completed correctly. I had a truck on the aft door, and a minivan on the front door, which is correct. Try to Reset the configuration to default, and "Restart Couatl".

However i have fsx installed too and after deicing for example my PMDG 737 at Chambéry France VFR i don't have the pushback, i have to reset position to access pushback option! I have desinstalled the 1.8.9.4 version completely before to install 1.9 so it mustn't be a problem of update files! However at LSGG Fsdreamteam it works! So it seems not working on all airports.

There was a problem if the pushback preference was set to "None", but this is already fixed, so you should get it automatically if you reinstall or just check for updates with Live Update.

Instead, there's another problem we just found, that if you select the "Customize this parking position" option to change anything, the pushback will not work anymore after you Apply the changes, so the solution is to select "Restart Couatl" AFTER you made a change to the customization page.

coolgovind180

« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2014, 02:01:33 pm »
in the next version i would kindly request to add vehicles for jet airways as its the second major airline of India which travels foreign too...

Thanking you

govind

skipy33

« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2014, 03:21:17 pm »
I'd like to do a complete reinstall of GSX with the latest release. Do I need to backup all the customisations before proceeding with uninstall (Airports gates, aircrafts) and restore them after the new install?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 03:43:17 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2014, 03:44:26 pm »
I'd like to do a complete reinstall of GSX with the latest release. Do I need to backup all the customisations before proceeding with uninstall (Airports gates, aircrafts) and restore them after the new install?

Uninstalling and Reinstalling GSX won't remove any of your customized settings so, if you are sure they are ok, you don't need to to anything special to save them.

airernie

« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2014, 05:08:57 pm »
Wow!  GSX keeps getting better and better..  Definitely one of my better purchases for FSX.

Ernie

robains

• Beta tester
    • Rob Ainscough
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2014, 05:47:53 pm »
Maybe you have to reinstall the GSX. I did the full reinstall and had no issues of not having an option for pushback. I had both the left/right pushback as well as a straight pushback for 100m

By the way nice video :)

I did do the full re-install of GSX (no Anti-virus enabled).  I get the new push-back option so long as I say NO to de-ice.  But if I select de-ice, once completed I don't have any option to do the push-back.  This issue has been reported by others on AVSIM.

Cheers, Rob.

Wegger

« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2014, 06:14:05 pm »
Nice feature ... much appreciated ... here is quick video of de-icer in action:

However, one sorta important bug ... De-icer is triggered by requesting push back in GSX menu, but after the de-icer completes there is no longer any option to do the actual push-back via the GSX menu.  Only way to get a push-back is to reset position, and the request push-back and then say NO to de-icer.

Thanks for the update though.

Cheers Rob.

Thank you Rob!

guswhite3

« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2014, 06:18:56 pm »
Great product, and thanks for the update.

My first run this morning at KMSP in a QW757 worked great except that I could not see the de-icers ... all the sounds were there, I just could not see the trucks. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Gus White
UAL1063

havenman

« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2014, 06:47:11 pm »
I keep getting the message "De-Icing is not available for your aircraft  at this position". What am I missing? Thanks

Martin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2014, 06:49:35 pm »
I keep getting the message "De-Icing is not available for your aircraft  at this position". What am I missing? Thanks

Already discussed and answered here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,11087.0.html

Longhaul444

• RCJ Transport
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2014, 07:06:51 pm »
Maybe you have to reinstall the GSX. I did the full reinstall and had no issues of not having an option for pushback. I had both the left/right pushback as well as a straight pushback for 100m

By the way nice video :)

I did do the full re-install of GSX (no Anti-virus enabled).  I get the new push-back option so long as I say NO to de-ice.  But if I select de-ice, once completed I don't have any option to do the push-back.  This issue has been reported by others on AVSIM.

Cheers, Rob.

OK, maybe I just haven't run across this yet, as I just installed it last night. So far no issues with push back and the PMDG 777. Wonder if it's just waiting for me to hit the sweet spot and rear its ugly head?  :-\

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2014, 07:13:21 pm »
OK, maybe I just haven't run across this yet, as I just installed it last night. So far no issues with push back and the PMDG 777. Wonder if it's just waiting for me to hit the sweet spot and rear its ugly head?  :-\

There was surely a problem when the parking pushback preference is set to "None", the Straight pushback option didn't appear, but other than that, it's working.

And, even that bug is already fixed in the current Live Update so, if you ran the installer after we fixed it, you already got it, because it downloaded it on the fly while you were installing it, and if you haven't, you can get it through Live Update anyway without reinstalling.

There's another smaller issue left (which will fix too soon), that if you customize the parking position with the GSX editor, you must always select "Restart Couatl" after you made any changes, otherwise pushback won't start in that session.

Longhaul444

• RCJ Transport
« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2014, 07:22:37 pm »
Outstanding!! I have been impressed with the level of CS from FSDT. I am glad I became a customer. Now just one more request if possible.... could you guys get the yellow lights to flash on the deicing trucks if possible?  ;D

Jedi928

« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2014, 07:30:51 pm »
Hi,

For the Majestic P3d2.4, With the old version 1.8.9.4 i could resolve the pb assigning right forward (the more forward) service door 1 to door with open/close checks as FSX Door#4 and right backward  (the more backward) service door 2 to no door at this position. With the new version 1.9.0 it doesn't work! It is stopping to the message catering service is on their way again!

I have tried like you tell me to reset the configuration to default, and "Restart Couatl" but the result is exactly the same! Always the message catering service is on their way again!

For FSX everything seems to be ok if you choose a heavy gate with PMDG 737.

Rgds

« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 09:03:59 pm by Jedi928 »

galenogarbe

« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2014, 07:43:58 pm »
After the upgrade the passagers boarding sounds is not working. All other sounds are fine.

Try to use the full GSX installer.

That's how I did. No lucky. I think I need some help/support.  :-\