Author Topic: GSX Crashes my FSX even after Reinstalling  (Read 3755 times)

fsanteira

GSX Crashes my FSX even after Reinstalling
« on: November 03, 2014, 03:17:38 pm »
Hi I had a problem last week with GSX and after I tried several procedures found on the forum for the visual C++ nothing worked. I reinstalled my whole windows and everything went to work again. When I was trying to fly again the dam GSX asked me to update the addon manager and unfortunately I did. Now my fsx doesn't start again. THAT SUCKS. please advise what needs to be done.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Crashes my FSX even after Reinstalling
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 03:23:27 pm »
It's not obviously possible to help you, with such a generic description of the problem. What kind of "crash" are you seeing ? Some error messages ? If yes, which ones ? And when ? By loading FSX ? By starting GSX ?

Of, it's just FSX that loads and then QUITS to Desktop without any error messages, which is a problem that doesn't have anything to do with GSX, and has been already discussed here ?

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,10489.0.html

fsanteira

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2014, 01:07:18 am »
That is exactly what was happening my FSX started and then it closed and went back to the desktop. After I try to reinstall again this problem was fixed however it addon manager does not display on FSX menu

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2014, 01:30:56 pm »
After I try to reinstall again this problem was fixed however it addon manager does not display on FSX menu

That's likely because you, seeing that it seemed to crash FSX (it didn't, but it looked like that), haven't authorized the program to run. To Undo that, try this:

- Uninstall GSX and reply YES to the question "Do you remove the Addon Manager?" AND reply YES to the question "Do you remove the Couatl scripting engine?" that will be made by the Uninstaller.

- Check if you also have inadvertently Un-trusted us as a Publisher (even a while ago), so nothing signed by us will run. This can't happen automatically, only you can do this. To fix this, go to the Control Panel, under "Internet Options", look for the "Content" tab, there should be a "Publishers" button, that will list the software publishers that you trusted, and another tab with untrusted publishers. If you see "Virtuali s.a.s", remove it from both tabs (especially if it's under untrusted)

- Reinstall GSX and be sure you reply YES to authorize BOTH modules when you launch FSX after the reinstall.

Then, if FSX still QUITS to Desktop, see the above thread about contacting me in private.

fsanteira

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2014, 03:16:41 pm »
hi umberto I downloaded teamviewer how can contact you

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2014, 03:22:32 pm »
PM = Private Message on forum.

fsanteira