Author Topic: Vehicles  (Read 2853 times)

ScottecLEMD

Vehicles
« on: October 30, 2014, 03:35:57 pm »
Sorry for duplicating, but I think I posted this in the wrong forum originally.

First, apologies if this has already been asked, but I did do a forum search with no success.

Is it possible to configure GSX to recognise the different vehicle manufacturers from different world areas?

eg. the fuel and catering trucks which service my aircraft when flying in Europe look very American.  It would be nice to see an articulated fuel truck pull up along side with a European style cab, same for the catering trucks.

Or maybe I am missing something and I need to configure this somewhere?  Any help would be much appreciated. 

Love the product, flying has never been so much fun!

Thanks

Ken

ScottecLEMD

Re: Vehicles
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 05:04:19 pm »
Anyone?  Lots of views but no replies  :(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 05:49:54 pm »
All the information regarding customizing vehicles can be found in the PaintKit documentation. However, you can only use the models that are already provided and/or configure their liveries, not add new models.

However, there are already different styles of vehicles ( EU and USA style ) and they are already assigned to Europe and USA so, I'm not sure exactly what case you are referring to. Please make an example of an airport (clearly indicating the gate AND the airplane used too ), in Europe were you got an american catering truck or vice-versa, so I can explain why it happened, most likely another constraint like parking size, airplane type, doors, etc.

ScottecLEMD

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2014, 06:03:10 pm »
Thanks Umberto

Initially when I started using GSX, at LEMD, EGPF, EGPF, all the vehicles appeared to be the US format.  I have now added the region codes (EG,LE etc.) using the using the paint kit documentation. 

What I was looking for was a European style fuel truck the one in GSX (Shell) seems to be based on a US type truck.  I am guessing there is only one available therefore this cannot be configured at the moment?

Thanks again - great product!

Ken