Author Topic: Please help. Fatal Error. FSX doesn't open and crash after building database  (Read 16479 times)

chusair

I need help. I have FSX and Acceleration. I downloaded the FSX version of the Zurich and the JFK airport and installed. The installation when as far as I know smooth. Files where transfer and everything looks fine. I know that in order to purchase this two scenery I have to open FSX go to modules and purchase directly from here. But the problem that I am having is the following:
When I try to open FSX I have the small window while loading that say "Building database for new scenery...runs from 0 to 100% and then I get a smaller window that say that a Fatal Error Occurred and then another that Flight Simulator X has stop working and that needs to close the program. Every time I try to open gets exactly the same and I can't open my flightsim X. Please help

I guess this additional information will help...I am using Windows Vista
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 12:23:10 am by chusair »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Usually, when the bar is at 100%, is when it's loading traffic. It might be one of the AI you use has a corrupted/missing texture. Which kind of AI are you using ?

chusair

No, I don't think that this is the problem, the reason, is that I only use the World-Of-Ai and before installing these two scenery I wasn't getting any error and I haven't upload any new ai traffic file. The second reason is that I believe you are referring to the 100% process where you actually already loading everything to fly, I am referring at opening the FSX, when you install a new scenery usually create and update the scenery database, here is where the problem is, before even I get to the first screen.

Razgriz

If you use vista, run as an administrator.

chusair

I already check and I am running as administrator.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 02:57:58 pm by chusair »

Jean-claude

That error sounds very much like mine with FS9 reported in the FS9 forum (http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=997.0), the symptoms are totally similar although we used two different Flightsim and two different operating systems. I also have FSDT Zurich. I have been fighting against this problem for the past three days with no success so far.

Could it be the association of Zurich and JFK that creates the problem?

Jean-Claude

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
I am referring at opening the FSX, when you install a new scenery usually create and update the scenery database

Ok, sorry, I tought in fact you were referring to the final load step.

Alright, this is an entirely different problem, and I'm quite sure it doens't have anything to do with our sceneries, it probably something else that caused a problem that needed a new scenery to be installed to be triggered.

You might first try to do the following:

Browse your FSX folder, than go to any scenery folder (which one doesn't matter), and delete the included SCENERY.DAT file. This will trigger another refresh of the scenery database on the next start and perhaps just fix the problem.

Another possible fix might be to check your scenery.cfg file, located at:

%ALLUSERSPROFILE\Microsoft\FSX

and go to the JFK area, then change Active=TRUE to Active=FALSE. This will disable JFK, and will trigger another Scenery Database update. If FSX would still crash, at least you know is certainly not JFK that caused the problem. If FSX would run instead, do not automatically assume it was JFK, but re-enable it instead! It might be that, a further rebuild of the Database might finally fix the problem.

chusair

I went to the scenery.cfg but there is not a JFK area, please provide me your e-mail and I send you the copy of my scenery.cfg file

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
I went to the scenery.cfg but there is not a JFK area, please provide me your e-mail and I send you the copy of my scenery.cfg file

This is interesting. If you are having the crash without even having a JFK area, it surely looks like your crash is caused by someting else.

You can find my email in the "Contact" button on the home page. I'll have a look at your scenery.cfg

chusair

I appreciate your help, I feel really bad that I can flight my FS and it does mean a lot to me that you are helping me so diligently, needless to say that I committed to buy all your product because the help is extraordinary. my e-mail is chusair@gmail.com I tried to look for yours but looks like it is not public.

Something I noticed is that the file location inside the FSX is the following...

C/Program Files/Microsoft Games/Microsoft flight Simulator X/fsdreamteam/JFK

also I have in the same fsdreamteam file the following...

C/Program Files/Microsoft Games/Microsoft flight Simulator X/fsdreamteam/OHareX
C/Program Files/Microsoft Games/Microsoft flight Simulator X/fsdreamteam/ZurichX
C/Program Files/Microsoft Games/Microsoft flight Simulator X/fsdreamteam/Couatl

I also noticed that the JFK doesn't have the "X"

All of my other AFAC are in the "Addon Scenery" file

« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 09:01:27 pm by chusair »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Please help. Fatal Error. FSX doesn't open and crash after building database
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2008, 08:58:04 pm »
I tried to look for yours but looks like it is not public

You can find my email in the "Contact" button on the home page

chusair

Re: Please help. Fatal Error. FSX doesn't open and crash after building database
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2008, 09:03:09 pm »
I am sorry for been so short of skills I can't find your e-mail   ???  :'(

Kappa

• FSDreamTeam developer
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2008, 09:05:55 pm »
I am sorry for been so short of skills I can't find your e-mail   ???  :'(

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/contacts.html

chusair

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2008, 09:10:41 pm »
The file is on your way. Thank you so much

chusair

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2008, 01:55:48 am »
Please confirm if you are so kind that you received my file. Thank you