Author Topic: PMDG MD11F Front Left Cargo Door  (Read 4214 times)

C130

• "With your eyes turned skywards...."
PMDG MD11F Front Left Cargo Door
« on: March 05, 2014, 04:29:15 pm »
I am wondering if there is a way to get GSX to service the MD11F front forward left side Cargo door with a Commander 30 High Lift loader?

I have the latest patches.

The MD11 front forward left cargo door is a high level door and would seem perfect for the new GSX Commander 30?

Thanks in advance

Best Regards
David
"Suspension of Disbelief". Flight Simulators! My You Tube Channel is "David Herky".

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: PMDG MD11F Front Left Cargo Door
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 06:32:31 pm »
I am wondering if there is a way to get GSX to service the MD11F front forward left side Cargo door with a Commander 30 High Lift loader?

That's how the MD11F is configured by default, if you use the current GSX version.

But if you created a custom configuration for it before left-side cargo doors were supported and the hi-loader was available, this will always take precedence over the GSX internal configuration, so you must "Reset" the configuration in the airplane configuration editor, to use the one that comes with GSX.

C130

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 08:27:05 pm »

That's how the MD11F is configured by default, if you use the current GSX version.

But if you created a custom configuration for it before left-side cargo doors were supported and the hi-loader was available, this will always take precedence over the GSX internal configuration, so you must "Reset" the configuration in the airplane configuration editor, to use the one that comes with GSX.

I see the Commander 30's at the right side front and right side rear cargo doors.  The front left side cargo door, which is very high on the MD11, does not get a cargo loader.

I can get GSX (from the Config set up) to put passenger stairs to the front left forward cargo door, but not a cargo loader.

There are only two cargo loaders available and both go to the right side of the MD11F.

I did create a GSX Config prior to the new GSX version.  I have used the "reset" in "customise aircraft" but this does nothing. In fact this Customise Menu shows the MD11F with a "passenger door #2" at the front forward cargo door position. This seems to be hard coded into GSX.

I am using Couatl Live Update 27 Feb 2014 4.06 pm.

Do I need to edit the aircraft cfg file or is there a GSX edit available.

I think I require a third cargo loader from somewhere?  Any ideas where I can buy one second-hand3? ;)

Thanks

Best Regards
David
"Suspension of Disbelief". Flight Simulators! My You Tube Channel is "David Herky".

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 09:07:11 am »
I see the Commander 30's at the right side front and right side rear cargo doors.  The front left side cargo door, which is very high on the MD11, does not get a cargo loader.

That's because you made a custom configuration for it, so the one that comes with GSX is not being used. I can only confirm that the default configuration that comes with GSX will display a cargo loader on the right side rear and left side front doors ONLY.

I can get GSX (from the Config set up) to put passenger stairs to the front left forward cargo door, but not a cargo loader.

Maybe you expect to have 3 cargo loaders ? That won't work. If you want to create your own config, which is not needed, you must MOVE the door that is now on the right side front, to the left side. GSX doesn't support more than 2 cargo loaders.

[/i]I did create a GSX Config prior to the new GSX version.  I have used the "reset" in "customise aircraft" but this does nothing.

Than you might have ANOTHER GSX.CFG file in the airplane folder under FSX\Simobjects\Airplanes\AIPLANENAME. The "Reset" button won't remove this, because that location is supposed to be used only by airplane developers, so we assume *their* configuration is something that shouldn't be removed so easily, so the Reset will only remove your own configurations, which are created under %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX. If you manually put a GSX.CFG file in the FSX\Simobjects\Airplanes\AIPLANENAME, you must remove it manually.

And, select "Restart Couatl" after you moved it.

In fact this Customise Menu shows the MD11F with a "passenger door #2" at the front forward cargo door position. This seems to be hard coded into GSX.

The only thing "hard coded" in GSX, is its MD11F configuration which, as I've said, comes with a cargo loader on the right side rear and left side front doors ONLY.

If you see something else, you are looking at your own configuration. The GSX-provided configuration will always "lose" against any GSX.CFG file, the only difference is that the "Reset" will remove only the GSX.CFG files in %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX, NOT the one you might eventually put (either created by you, or downloaded) under FSX\Simobjects\Airplanes\AIPLANENAME

C130

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2014, 05:09:02 pm »
Thank you for the description.

I have no other GSX configuration files in the aircraft folder.

I have the two GSX cargo loaders in position now. One front forward left (high door) and one right rear. The front right cargo door will remain closed, since it has no loader :'(.

I was thinking that there was a third GSX loader available for the MD11 since it has three cargo doors. I now know you do not support three cargo loaders for this aircraft.

Thank you again, for clearing this up for me. Your time is appreciated.

regards
David

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2014, 05:16:54 pm »
I have no other GSX configuration files in the aircraft folder.

When you said "I see the Commander 30's at the right side front and right side rear cargo doors", you surely had it at *that* time, no questions about it.

It's either this, or you still had a previous GSX version, when you saw this. Since GSX supports only 2 cargo loaders in total, the only possible case that would have both loaders on the right side, is that a custom config was overriding the one that comes with GSX OR GSX wasn't updated to the current version.

I have the two GSX cargo loaders in position now. One front forward left (high door) and one right rear. The front right cargo door will remain closed, since it has no loader :'(.

That's because you either managed to remove your old custom configuration file (manually or using the Reset option), so the default GSX config is now active, OR you updated GSX so you finally have the current version that comes with the left cargo door active, OR you now made a correct config with the editor, using the only 2 available loaders, which is not needed (since the default GSX configuration have a loader on the left already), but it won't surely cause problems if you do it anyway, in the correct way.

Just be sure you don't touch the door assignments that uses custom XML expression that works only with the PMDG MD11.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 05:20:05 pm by virtuali »