Author Topic: GSX Paintkit Marshaller  (Read 3462 times)

jdiaz80

GSX Paintkit Marshaller
« on: February 18, 2014, 11:35:24 pm »
I have a brief question that I couldn't seem to find the answer to in the documentation. When editing the texture.cfg files I was wondering if it was possible to specify the African/Arab marshallers. I've done this but for some reason their heads appear completely black. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

-Jason

F-OHPM

• FSDT CYVR/GSX user
Re: GSX Paintkit Marshaller
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 12:32:49 am »
You should probably have this in the texture.cfg

fallback.4=..\..\FSDT_Marshaller\texture.yellow <-- replace with  African/Arab texture (texture.african_1, texture.african_2 or, texture.arab_1. Don't put all three)
fallback.5=..\..\FSDT_Marshaller\texture.01

Acer AMD Quad-Core A10-6700
12GB RAM
Quad Core 3.7Ghz
GTX750TI
Corsair CX600
FSX Steam

jdiaz80

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 02:33:25 am »
I did, that's the odd part. I labeled the texture.cfg correctly but the faces show up black for some reason. Can't seem to find a way around it.

-Jason

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 09:12:34 am »

That's not needed, and won't work anyway, because the african marshaller doesn't simply have a different textures, but has also a different model.

But as I've said, there's no need to do anything and to even use the PainKit (unless the goal would be using the PaintKit to create a *new* face for one of the existing models), because those marshallers are already usable and referenced in the sim.cfg.

They are already selected and used by GSX, just the selection is entirely random, because the [fltsim.xx] section don't have any Couatl.icaoprefixes, so they can appear anywhere.

jdiaz80

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2014, 08:45:42 pm »

That's not needed, and won't work anyway, because the african marshaller doesn't simply have a different textures, but has also a different model.

But as I've said, there's no need to do anything and to even use the PainKit (unless the goal would be using the PaintKit to create a *new* face for one of the existing models), because those marshallers are already usable and referenced in the sim.cfg.

They are already selected and used by GSX, just the selection is entirely random, because the [fltsim.xx] section don't have any Couatl.icaoprefixes, so they can appear anywhere.

Thank you for the reply!

-Jason