Author Topic: UK2000 EGPH Glasgow  (Read 3007 times)

jtbetteridge

UK2000 EGPH Glasgow
« on: January 22, 2014, 11:23:41 pm »
Hi
Generally GSX works extremely well, but at Glasgow on UK2000 none of the gates are in the right place, some even on a taxiway and facing the wrong direction.  Is this an AFCAD issue?  If so please can you give me clear instructions on what to do?
I'm using FSX.
Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: UK2000 EGPH Glasgow
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 11:42:24 pm »
Yes, when something is misplaced, is always an AFCAD issue. You can first check which AFCAD is being used by GSX, with the "Customize parking positions" menu, the page that will open will indicate the name of the AFCAD in use.

It's not the one that comes with the scenery, there might be several reasons for this:

- There's another AFCAD for the same airport on an higher layer in the Scenery Library so, you must either remove it, or put your airport on an higher layer, then restart FSX to apply the changes.

- The AFCAD included with the airport has some kind of error, so GSX discarded it.

- For some reason, GSX didn't detected you installed the scenery, so its scenery cache is outdated, in this case, try to force a cache rebuild, by removing the following folders:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\SceneryIndexes
C:\ProgramData\Virtuali\Couatl

And restart FSX, you should see both FSX and GSX rebuilding their scenery caches, the new scenery should work at the end of the process.

jtbetteridge

Re: UK2000 EGPH Glasgow
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 12:14:53 am »
thank you very much for your quick response, I'll have a look at that tomorrow
Jerry