Author Topic: feeling defeated **SOLVED**  (Read 6729 times)

Caselor

feeling defeated **SOLVED**
« on: January 20, 2014, 09:35:22 pm »
Hello,
Well I am feeling defeated. I really wanted to use GSX (and some of your other wonderful products) but am stumped. On my first attempt I got the infamous bglmanx.dll error, followed by a ctd and FSX process = 0
So I unistalled and have since tried every possible solution I could find on the forums: I downloaded a new GSX full and Addonmanager with my ESET.Nod32 shut down. Then I carefully excluded the two files in the antivirus program. Still no joy. I the rebooted, downloaded again with anitvirus off, also shut down my DEP (UAC was already off) and also tried booting fsx with antivirus off. I have updated .net and C++ files as suggested. I even stripped and then re installed FSX completely and still get the same bglmanx error after doing all of the above. I don't get.
Any ideas at all?

Casey
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 05:53:23 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: feeling defeated
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 09:37:50 pm »
followed by a ctd and FSX process = 0

Could you describe this error more precisely ? Nobody ever reported it before so, it's seems that what is causing it, is also *causing* the "infamous" bglmanx.dll error, meaning bglmanx.dll is just a victim of whatever is causing this.

Caselor

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 02:51:56 am »
Hi,
Thanks for your quick response.
What happens when I load FSX is I receive this message: "FSX has detected a problem with a third party add-on
bglmanx dynamic link library
version 2.9.0.4 (I am not sure if this is the right version number, I am doing it from memory)
Virtuali s.a.s
file-bglmanx.dll"
It then suggests I not proceed. If I do, FSX crashes, If I do not, FSX runs fine.
I have tried it a number of times, making sure I have downloaded GSX and the Addon manager with my anti-virus turned off. But no luck. Should I install the addon manager first, then GSX or perhaps that doesn't make a difference. Or should I install Addon, then run Fsx, then install GSX? I am not sure of the correct procedure. I have Win 7 #64. UAC is off and I have followed the instructions regarding excluding the two files in my anti-virus.
I have even tried with DEP turn off. Still get the same thing. I just can't place my finger on what is causing the conflict.

Caselor

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 05:32:08 am »
Hi again, let me add one more detail - after I get: "FSX has detected a problem with a third party add-on
version 2.9.0.4
Virtuali s.a.s
file-bglmanx.dll" ... and I proceed to accept it after the warning not to run, FSX stops an the exact wording I get with the ctd is: Fsx process not found. Fsx_handle=0

One other observation - I use Aivlasoft EFB and it works fine so that suggests that Simconnect is working.

Thanks so much for trying to help. I am stumped.

Casey

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 09:31:56 am »
Hi again, let me add one more detail - after I get: "FSX has detected a problem with a third party add-on
version 2.9.0.4
Virtuali s.a.s
file-bglmanx.dll" ...

Are you SURE this is the precise, exact message ? Especially the version number ?

FSX stops an the exact wording I get with the ctd is: Fsx process not found. Fsx_handle=0

I've asked to describe THIS message more clearly because, it's surely doesn't come from any of our software, and might be important. Searching for it on the Flight1 forum, it seems is a message coming from the EZCA camera utility:

http://www.simforums.com/forums/fsx-process-not-found-fsx-handle0_topic39992.html

Caselor

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, 06:50:47 pm »
Hi,

You are right!!! I wasn't looking close enough:  "Fsx process not found. Fsx_handle=0" is definitely about EZDOK. (EZCA)
The exact bglmanx number is: 29014. After uninstalling GSX and the Addon manager, FSX runs fine and EZDOK works as well.
I am now going to uninstall EZDOK and then install GSX and Addon and see what happens. I'll you let know.
Thanks, I feel like I am starting to close in the problem.

Casey
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 06:52:37 pm by Caselor »

Caselor

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2014, 07:23:35 pm »
Hi again,

I removed EZCA but still get the same bglmanx error: 
"FSX has detected a problem with a third party add-on
version 2.9.0.14
Virtuali s.a.s
file-bglmanx.dll"  followed by a CTD if I try to accept it. Only this time I don't get the EZCA message. I have a feeling that "process not found" message after the ctd is simply telling me EZCA can't find FSX because it has crashed.
Something must have corrupted in my setup, I just can't think of what.

As far as other addons: I have GEX North America, Orbx, UTX Europe, Airbus X Exteneded, Majestic Q400 and PMDG NGX.  Windows 7 #64

I saw somewhere on another post that replacing the bglmax.dll with an earlier one might work. Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Casey

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2014, 09:00:26 pm »
I saw somewhere on another post that replacing the bglmax.dll with an earlier one might work. Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

No, it will never work, only the latest version works. There are no "good" or "bad" bglmanx.dll version, that message is entirely bogus, it doesn't mean there's really a problem with that file, it means something in your system configuration has caused a problem TO it.

Are you running FSX in any of the "Compatibility" modes ?

There are some that suggest to do so, but it's entirely wrong. Only the "Run As Administrator" might be needed to run some earlier products not fully compatible with Windows 7 (not our software), but all the other options in the Compatibility tab of the FSX.EXE Properties should be turned off.

Caselor

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2014, 09:24:13 pm »
Yes I am running FSX in Windows 7 compatibility mode. I will switch that off and give it a try.
Thanks so much, I'll let you know what happens.

Casey

Caselor

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2014, 09:35:55 pm »
One more question - should I just install the GSX download, or should I also intall the Addon manager?

Casey

Caselor

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2014, 09:52:53 pm »
Darn it, still getting the same error. I turned off compatibility mode, rebooted and then installed both GSX and Addon manager and then loaded FSX.
Still get the error?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2014, 12:00:17 am »
Darn it, still getting the same error. I turned off compatibility mode, rebooted and then installed both GSX and Addon manager and then loaded FSX. Still get the error?

If you have an add-on that starts with FSX in Compatibility mode, that might obtain the same effect of setting the Compatibility mode to FSX itself. Check that none of your add-ons executables are set that way.

Caselor

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2014, 05:30:12 am »
That's an interesting though, I will check each addon's exe and let you know. Thanks again for your time.

Caselor

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2014, 02:40:02 am »
OK fixed... The problem of course was not GSX... I had a badly corrupted registry, as it turns out. It was just the GSX finally highlighted the problem. I have since reinstalled the operating system, and now all is well and GSX works fine. Thanks for trouble.
\ :D

Japo32

Re: feeling defeated **SOLVED**
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2015, 11:48:24 pm »
Can you explain more about how you solved? What part of the register was bad? I don't plan to install all the operating system of course.
I know this post is very old, and maybe Caselor is not hear to read, but maybe other can give a little more light about this disgusting error. So many years already with this one in FSX and P3D.