Author Topic: GSX at PAKT  (Read 6083 times)

Gilltech

GSX at PAKT
« on: January 08, 2014, 10:49:18 pm »
Umberto,

I am trying to determine what may be causing a problem I am having with GSX at Ketchikan PAKT airport when attempting to start GSX services.

I get the message that a valid AFCAD cannot be located and services not available when requesting services at PAKT. This does not happen at any other airport with any of the Flightbeam, FSDT, Orbx, or default sceneries.

I have tried starting GSX services with only the default FSX scenery (by unchecking all the Orbx entries in the scenery.cfg). GSX still does not locate a valid afcad. I checked folder and file permissions to the scenery folders and do not see any differences in permissions between the scenery folders not affected.  I have regenerated the scenery indexes by allowing the system to recreate new ones. I have searched for duplicated AFCAD’s and have not located any specific to PAKT other than the Orbx files which does have an AFCAD for PAKT. I turned on logging and checked the coual log for errors. Not really seeing anything pointing me to the issue (but not an expert on this file either). I will include a copy of it here for reference in case that may be helpful.

Other software installed are: FS Global Ultimate USA/Canada, UTX Alaska, Ultimate Traffic 2, Orbx Pacific Fjords, Orbx PAKT, REX.

Any assistance in pointing me in the right direction to locate a solution is appreciated.

Thanks, Mark Gill

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX at PAKT
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 10:53:32 pm »
have not located any specific to PAKT other than the Orbx files which does have an AFCAD for PAKT.

Than it's very simple: GSX won't work without an AFCAD.

Gilltech

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 01:45:33 am »
I have an Afcad for PAKT located in the FSX Directory at Orbx\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_PAKT\Scenery\PAKT_60cm.bgl (about 830 mb) as well as other bgls. What I meant to communicate was that I did not find any other AFCAD that might conflict with the files installed by Orbx Ketchikan scenery. Surely there must be an active AFCAD in place since the PAKT airport scenery is active and working.  I understand there must be something on my system causing an issue where GSX can't find it. Just looking for clues as to how to identify what that issue may be.

thanks

Gilltech

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 09:49:47 am »
Umberto, I believe the AFCAD file for Ketchikan on my system is in the FSX directory at Orbx\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_PAKT and named orbx_PAKT_APX.bgl. I can open this airport file using ADE. Is this an AFCAD that GSX would be looking for?  I am not that knowlegable about AFCAD's or why one might be found and another not. Hoping something about this provides a clue and solution. I have attached a screen of the folder and files contained in that directory.

thanks, Mark

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2014, 05:34:27 pm »
Surely there must be an active AFCAD in place since the PAKT airport scenery is active and working. 

Yes, but that's not enough for GSX. The AFCAD should also contain the minimum logically needed for GSX to work, which mean some parking and a taxi layout. I don't know that airport but, considering how many OrbX products are, it's possible this is a too small airport that doesn't have any proper parking/taxiway layout ?

Also, GSX won't work with "partial" AFCAD, which means AFCADs that only enhance on top of the default scenery, but rely on it to have the complete airport. For example, if the original AFCAD included just a runway and some parkings, if the add-on AFCAD only includes taxiways that are designed to integrate the default data, this is not supported by GSX, which expect the one AFCAD in use to be self-contained.

If GSX works elsewhere, that's the most likely explanation.

Gilltech

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2014, 06:46:33 am »
Makes sense. Ketchikan is a smaller airport with one rwy 7500 x 150. It has a ramp as well as a jetway at the terminal. But only simple taxi way. Not sure if the developer dropped scenery on top of default or not. But I will inquire over at that site. Thanks so much for taking a look.

mark

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2014, 12:06:42 am »
The reason GSX doesn't work at Ketchikan is there are no defined parking spaces. AI can't use the airport because of the sloped ramp, and all the aircraft you see are part of the ORBX flow technologies.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

Chris

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2015, 10:39:25 pm »
I enhanced the afcad with these 2 gates and a taxi line.
So you would be able to select the gates in the FSX menu and GSX will push. Not intended to be used with ai-traffic.
Am I allowed to present that file here?