Author Topic: GSX not initiating **SOLVED**  (Read 9672 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX not initiating
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2014, 08:52:40 pm »
Conclusion? as soon as everything loaded, the Couatl menu disappeared. The only way I could make it appear again is if I restart Flight Simulator X and avoid San Francisco.

So, your problem doesn't have anything to do with the problem discussed here, which is the Couatl menu not loading at start. Instead, your problem seems to be that the program crashes ONLY at KSFO.

It's best if you open a different thread, with a proper title, because mixing two entirely unrelated issues will be very confusing for other users.

Create a new thread, and then post both your Couatl.LOG and Couatl.ERR files, after starting FSX and moving to KSFO. Enable logs in the "Troubleshooting" section of the "GSX Settings" page.

firefly762

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2014, 09:40:50 pm »
I have now reinstalled FSX completely and there is no change, still no GSX window or menu. However I did find the Couatl.ERR file:

couatl v2.0 (build 2358)
panic log started on Wed Jan 29 03:55:20 2014

problem raised by engine or unspecified addonerror in config file C:/Users/USERNAME/AppData/Roaming/Virtuali/Couatl.ini: unrecognized line in '

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2014, 09:43:26 pm »
problem raised by engine or unspecified addonerror in config file C:/Users/USERNAME/AppData/Roaming/Virtuali/Couatl.ini: unrecognized line in '

That's another problem, you probably edited that file to enable diagnostic when I've told to do so, and made some kind of error. Just remove the Couatl.ini file, is only needed when troubleshooting.

firefly762

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2014, 10:43:16 pm »
Well apparently that was "the" problem, it works now. I can access both the couatl powered menu and the Ctrl+F12 window. I had deleted the couatl.ini file you had me create before in the FSX root directory, the file it was having a problem with was another couatl.ini file located in the AppData/Roaming/Virtuali folder. this file was also completely blank with no information in it. I'm guessing either the installer put it there or it was somehow created by the couatl process. In any case, GSX works again, thank you very much for the help.

Cheers