Author Topic: GSX not initiating **SOLVED**  (Read 9706 times)

theav8r

GSX not initiating **SOLVED**
« on: January 04, 2014, 11:29:20 pm »
I purchased this program from a source other than FSDT, which is all good and I went through the procedure of having the program activated on my PC, which it confirmed.

On starting FSX, I clicked on the drop down ADDONS, the clicked on RESTART COUATI, but nothing has happened and I cannot get GSX to appear.
I have read the manual, can you tell me what I am doing wrong please.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 01:46:41 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX not initiating
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 11:12:04 am »
If you have the "Couatl powered menus" available, it means everything is working correctly. If GSX doesn't start, it's likely you have a key conflict. Check you don't have a key conflict, either within Couatl-enabled applications ( in the "key mapping" menu of the "Couatl powered products" menu ) or another add-on that use that key.

theav8r

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 04:45:29 am »
Thanks have now been able to start GSX

firefly762

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2014, 11:34:53 pm »
I've been having a similar problem, I just bought FSDT GSX, installed it, started fsx, activated GSX, but it doesn't show up anywhere except in the addon manager. the addon menu in fsx doesn't show it, Ctrl + F12 doesn't bring up the GSX window (I already checked for key conflicts). I've tried restarting fsx, the whole computer, even reinstalling GSX, nothing seems to work. Help is much appreciated, Cheers.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2014, 11:38:00 pm »
but it doesn't show up anywhere except in the addon manager. the addon menu in fsx doesn't show it

You don't have the same problem discussed in this thread. The first poster said he had all the needed menus, but GSX didn't start, likely because he had a key conflict.

Your problem, according to your description, seems very different and is that you don't even the "Couatl powered products" menu, which contains all the GSX sub-menus, under the FSX "Addons" menu. Please confirm if this is the case.

firefly762

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2014, 01:17:14 am »
I apologize if I misstated my issue, but that is correct I have no menu, no window, I have now tried to install GSX via the process described in the thread "Problems with GSX and Addon Manager for FSX **SOLVED**" that has you turn the antivirus off and add couatl.exe and bglmanx.dll to the exclusions list, GSX still does not appear to work. I have also tried creating the simconnect.ini file, it ran on fsx start up and came up with this:

0.06335 Exe Launched: Path="fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe" CommandLine="" Version="2.0.0.2358"
1.93880 DLL Loaded: Path="bglmanx.dll" Version="2.9.0.14"PMDG SimConnect Version Loader (D:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\PMDG_SimConnect_Ldr.dll)

Looking for appropriate SimConnect DLL Version...

Checking for: FSX SP2/AccelPack (61259.0) -- Found! Loading...
PMDG Options -- Initializing SimConnect with window creation

2.05360 DLL Loaded: Path="PMDG\DLLs\PMDGOptions.dll" Version="10.0.61355.40"PMDG Events -- Initializing SimConnect with window creation

2.08375 DLL Loaded: Path="PMDG\DLLs\PMDGEvents.dll" Version="10.0.61355.40"PMDG Sounds -- Initializing SimConnect with window creation

2.14049 DLL Loaded: Path="PMDG\DLLs\PMDGSounds.dll" Version="10.0.61355.40"
2.14789 DLL Loaded: Path="PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_HUD-interface.dll" Version="2.0.0.1"

Cheers.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2014, 08:48:59 am »
0.06335 Exe Launched: Path="fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe" CommandLine="" Version="2.0.0.2358"

Are you sure there aren't other lines, maybe a bit down below, showing more about it ? Because, from this line, it doesn't look there are any errors on loading. However, I'm not entirely sure what happens when the antivirus is blocking the program, perhaps this "loading" line from Simconnect will still get printed, but the program is blocked so, it might still be an antivirus issue.

Also, it's possible the Couatl menu has just disappeared because something made it crash.

Try to start a flight at a default airport and with a default airplane, and see if you have the menu. Note that, if your default startup flight is not starting at a default airplane with a default airport, make a new default startup flight, then exit from FSX and restart it, in order to have FSX loading directly at a default airport with a default airplane.

IF you have the menu there, report back.

firefly762

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2014, 10:51:41 am »
Yes, the simconnect.ini does continue with:

4.53242 DLL Loaded: Path="as_srv\as_btstrp.dll" Version="1.0.0.8"
6.69990  DLL Loaded: Path="Modules\FSUIPC4.dll" Version="4.9.0.0"
>8.88551 [0,1]Open: Version=0x00000004 Name="Addon Manager X"
>9.83805 [1,1]Open: Version=0x00000004 Name="PMDG_Options"
>9.83846 [2,1]Open: Version=0x00000004 Name="PMDG_Events"
>9.83884 [3,1]Open: Version=0x00000004 Name="PMDG_Sounds"
>9.84045 [4,1]Open: Version=0x00000004 Name="PMDG NGX HUD interface"
>9.84204 [4,2]SubscribeToSystemEvent:EventID=1, SystemEventName="FlightLoaded"
>9.84448 [5,1]Open: Version=0x00000004 Name="FSUIPC4"
>9.84576 [5,2]AddToDataDefinition:DefineID=558899537, DatumName="IS USER SIM", UnitsName="Boo1", DatumType=1, fEpsilon=0.000000, DatumID=0PMDGOptions -- Version: 10.0.61637.0 -- SimConnect Version: 10.0.61259.0

Just out of curiousity, what is the directory that bglmanx.dll is supposed be in? eg. C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\FSX\fsdreamteam\couatl\subfolder? And I tried starting with all the defaults you suggested and still no menu.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2014, 10:55:03 am »
Just out of curiousity, what is the directory that bglmanx.dll is supposed be in? eg. C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\FSX\fsdreamteam\couatl\subfolder?

Your problem is not the Addon Manager (bglmanx.dll) because, according to your report, you are only missing the Couatl menu, not both.

And I tried starting with all the defaults you suggested and still no menu.

Try to activate a log, to see what's happening: open the Notepad and type the following on a new blank file:

logFile=couatl.log

(please note logFile is written beginning with a lower case l and a capital F )

Save the file as couatl.ini in the FSX\fsdreamteam\couatl folder, so it stays at the same level of the couatl.exe. Then go in FSX, then when it's done loading the scenery you can't edit and ready to fly, then Exit from FSX and post the content of the Couatl.LOG file that should have been created inside FSX\fsdreamteam\couatl

firefly762

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2014, 11:17:37 am »
I did as you asked, creating a file called couatl.ini with contents "logFile=couatl.log", however no log file seems to be generating.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2014, 08:59:08 pm »
I did as you asked, creating a file called couatl.ini with contents "logFile=couatl.log", however no log file seems to be generating.

So it seems that Couatl is not even starting, which goes back to the most likely cause being the antivirus. This, assuming you don't have other lines in the Simconnect diagnostic log that shows some kind of error executing Couatl.exe, like missing libraries, or something like that.

Try to Uninstall GSX and ( IMPORTANT ) reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager" and YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Couatl scripting engine" that are made at the end of the uninstall process.

Then, reinstall, and NOTE if you are asked permission to run both modules, and be sure you reply YES to both of them.

- During the installation, the antivirus must be OFF, entirely.

- BEFORE launching FSX, you must be sure the antivirus is configured to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\couatl\Couatl.exe

firefly762

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2014, 02:23:16 am »
I reinstalled GSX as you described, I even uninstalled my antivirus completely so there is no chance it is blocking anything. same result; no menu, no window. I tried downloading the installer again from fsdt website and reinstalled again, still nothing. I'm almost down to reinstalling the entire FSX.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2014, 10:06:41 am »
same result; no menu, no window.

Have you been asked permission to run BOTH modules when you restarted FSX for the first time, after Uninstalling/reinstalling ?

firefly762

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2014, 12:43:52 pm »
Yes, every time I reinstall, fsx does ask permission to run couatl.exe and addon manager. I will try reinstalling FSX completely tomorrow and I'll let you know if it fixes it.

C-GTSR

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2014, 08:16:18 pm »
Hi!

I'm having the same issue as mentionned here above regading the fact that I don't have the Couatl menu in my FSX menu. It has been several weeks now that I have had this problem. It actually all started when I updated my GSX within the Flight Simulator with the latest update (I can't remember if it updated GSX or Couatl). This being said, I tried reinstalling GSX several times and rebooting my computer also several times but still, I couldn't get it to work. It must be noted that I never used anti-virus.

Yesterday I flew from Brazil to Yemen and GSX worked 100%. While reading the different posts to get to know what the problem might be, I decided to test it as I knew the airport it didn't worked at was San Francisco. I opened FSX and selected a default flight in Montreal-Mirabel (CYMX) using the AirCreation. I then switched to the Aerosoft Airbus X Extended and then to the Milviz 737 to the PMDG 777. No problem with none of these aircrafts, GSX worked. I then hoped to one of FSDT sceneries, Fort Lauderdale. Tried all aircrafts as well, everything worked perfectly. At last, I hoped to San Francisco to see whether this was the problem.

Conclusion? as soon as everything loaded, the Couatl menu disappeared. The only way I could make it appear again is if I restart Flight Simulator X and avoid San Francisco. It is important to notice I am using FlightBeam's scenery at KSFO. I don't own other FlightBeam destinations so I can't test to see if the problem also prevails at Dulles for instance. Hope this helps...

Frederick