Author Topic: GSX - Unable to Register Serial  (Read 5126 times)

abhijeet.ak

GSX - Unable to Register Serial
« on: December 10, 2013, 05:53:15 pm »
Hi,
I have purchased 6 products developed by FS Dreamteam from Sim Market.

GSX is one of them.

Whenever I try to register the serial for GSX it gives me a popup to run FSX in Window mode.

As a matter of fact, I am already in Window mode based on my research I have seen many people facing similar issues with either GSX or any other scenary associated with the Addon Manager.

I have disabled all add-ons as suggested by you in other threads, I am still unable to fix this.

Please suggest.

Regards,
Abhijeet K.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX - Unable to Register Serial
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 09:35:13 pm »
Whenever I try to register the serial for GSX it gives me a popup to run FSX in Window mode.

If the Addon Manager says you are not running in Window mode, there might be a problem with your FSX.EXE, possibly is not the correct version or the Addon Manager is forced to run in P3D mode. Have you ever installed P3D in your system ? Have you set the forced detection as explained in this thread ?

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,7237.0.html

If you set that variable NOT as explained in that thread (using a batch file that sets and the un-sets the variable when exiting), but in another way, for example by setting an environment variable that stays set, this will cause this problem.

As a matter of fact, I am already in Window mode based on my research I have seen many people facing similar issues with either GSX or any other scenary associated with the Addon Manager.

Nobody ever had this problem with FSX only. Some are having it when using it together with P3D if they use the Migration tool, which will conceal P3D to act as FSX, but it will be fixed by disabling during the activation, and if they set the variable explained in the above thread in a different way that what is explained in that thread.

Please, confirm if this is the case.

abhijeet.ak

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 09:43:02 pm »
I never had P3D this is a fresh Install of FSX with Acc pack on a brand new system...

I will still try what you have mentioned and update.

abhijeet.ak

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 10:52:14 pm »
Sorry No Luck.... :(

I will try the other lot of scenaries that I have from FSDT. If this is gonna be across all the products then it is definitely a challenge....

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2013, 02:05:40 am »
I will try the other lot of scenaries that I have from FSDT. If this is gonna be across all the products then it is definitely a challenge....

Since the activation routine is obviously just one, it's clear that if you have a problem with one product, it will be the same for all of them. But of course, you must find what external cause is doing this.

Perhaps we should arrange a Teamviewer session, if you don't know that program, download the free client here:

http://www.teamviewer.com/

And then PM me for details about arranging a session.

abhijeet.ak

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2013, 02:32:11 pm »
Sounds good to me.. Unfortunately I am unable to track down :(

Lemme know your available timeslot and I will be online around the same time.

abhijeet.ak

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2013, 07:06:46 pm »
Hi can you please update.... I have also dropped you a PM yesterday, haven't heard back from you...

Appreciate your response.

Regards,
AK

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2013, 07:32:16 pm »
Hi can you please update.... I have also dropped you a PM yesterday, haven't heard back from you...

You send it late in the evening, while I try to be as present as possible on the forum, I can't guaranteed 24/7 support in all time zones...I WILL get back to you soon.