Author Topic: KLAX issues in P3Dv2  (Read 5874 times)

twharrell

KLAX issues in P3Dv2
« on: November 29, 2013, 08:19:54 pm »
I just installed KLAX in P3Dv2 using the new installer.  You'll see, however, in the picture below that my taxi centerlines and taxi centerline lights are about 1 foot above the surface, creating some very bizarre shimmying. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Todd

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KLAX issues in P3Dv2
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 11:22:59 pm »
I just installed KLAX in P3Dv2 using the new installer.  You'll see, however, in the picture below that my taxi centerlines and taxi centerline lights are about 1 foot above the surface, creating some very bizarre shimmying. Any help is appreciated.

That's how they always have been, they are slightly raised from ground in order to prevent z-fighting and flickering. Even default airports are like that, if you look carefully enough.

Hnla

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, 01:21:09 am »
If you are complaining about this than you really need to spend your time doing something else..

Er!k

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2013, 07:05:40 pm »
I do not agree with your comment... I noticed the same and was wondering whether that was an issue with P3D or the scenery. Now we know it is intended.

Hnla

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2013, 07:30:45 pm »
I do not agree with your comment... I noticed the same and was wondering whether that was an issue with P3D or the scenery. Now we know it is intended.

Are you tires going to explode or something because of this? Something that's not even visible unless you put the camera angle *below* ground ?

twharrell

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2013, 07:04:57 am »
If you are complaining about this than you really need to spend your time doing something else..

Excuse me, Hnla, my question wasn't directed at you, sir. If you, however, are auditioning to be the official FSDT jerk-off, then you are the winner by a mile. My question was an honest one and I certainly wasn't complaining about it. I will guarantee you that there are many other customers, like myself, that were wondering the same thing, and didn't know that what we are seeing is normal. virtuali was gracious in his answer and I learned something new from it, which I appreciate very much. 

virtuali, thank you for your explanation, and I am sorry for the delay in expressing my appreciation. My full time occupation and 2 small children prevent me from perusing these forums on a regular basis. 

Todd

Hnla

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2013, 02:40:40 pm »
Excuse me, Hnla, my question wasn't directed at you, sir. If you, however, are auditioning to be the official FSDT jerk-off, then you are the winner by a mile. My question was an honest one and I certainly wasn't complaining about it. I will guarantee you that there are many other customers, like myself, that were wondering the same thing, and didn't know that what we are seeing is normal. virtuali was gracious in his answer and I learned something new from it, which I appreciate very much. 

What, 2 other customers? I really ask *how* you even saw this, other than putting the view point BELOW ground to reveal such an inconvenience?

Lets focus our time on solving bugs and updating the sceneries rather than something as un-important as this.

twharrell

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2013, 11:39:07 pm »
It actually was very noticeable without getting that close. I made a close-up for the picture so that the "issue" I was having was clearly communicated. I guarantee there is more than 2 people who have come across this and had the same question as I did.  This post thankfully answers their question, because with people like you trolling the forums, why would anyone want to post their problems? Now, why don't you move along and do your forum trolling elsewhere. You are very good about being an asshole to people you don't even know, but you don't have the balls to even share your real name.

Todd

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2013, 10:23:52 am »
Moderation, please.