Author Topic: Starting in LAX freezes up.  (Read 5205 times)

zap51

Starting in LAX freezes up.
« on: November 28, 2013, 02:38:16 pm »
I had previously used the Demo version of LAX.  After I had purchased DFW, JFK, LAS, & LSZH, I decided not to purchase LAX and deleted the demo version.  The problem I now run into is that every time I start in LAX I get extremely low frame rates.  The screen will freeze for a few seconds the go back to normal for a few seconds then repeats the cycle.  After about 5 minutes everything is normal.  I get a message saying something like LAX version now over.  I get the same response on approach to LAX.  Any suggestions?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Starting in LAX freezes up.
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 03:10:16 pm »
How you "deleted" it ? Have you the Ray Smith's AFCAD installed ?

zap51

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2013, 04:05:03 pm »
I uninstalled it (LAX) as I was instructed.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2013, 04:12:44 pm »
2nd part of my question: do you have the Ray Smith's AFAD for KLAX installed ?

zap51

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2013, 02:47:54 am »
To the best of my knowledge, I do not. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2013, 07:51:21 pm »
Regular pauses exactly every 4 seconds are exactly what you are supposed to have if you install KLAX, uninstall KLAX and keep the Ray Smith KLAX AFCAD. The solution would be renaming that file, if you don't know where it is, is named KLAX_OBJ.BGL, try to search all your FSX folder if you have it.

zap51

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2013, 06:19:01 pm »
I could not find the KLAX_OBJ.BGL file nor the Ray Smith KLAX AFCAD. I tried the 'search programs and files' at the start button.  Nothing.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2013, 06:21:50 pm »
Do you confirm you still see the "Trial period for KLAX has started", even if there's no scenery ? If this is the case, then I'm sorry, the only possible explanation is that you have the KLAX_OBJ.BGL from Ray Smith installed.

This, or you Uninstalled KLAX in the wrong way, by removing files manually, and that wouldn't work too, you must run the proper Uninstaller from the Windows Control Panel. To Undo this, reinstall KLAX and Uninstall it again, using the Add/Remove Programs in the Windows Control Panel.

zap51

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2013, 01:52:49 am »
Okay, I'll give it a shot when I get my other FSX issues out of the way and see how it goes.  I only had the demo version of KLAX.  I'll install then uninstall the demo version.