Author Topic: GSX Missing Textures  (Read 3916 times)

fonzzy

GSX Missing Textures
« on: November 09, 2013, 06:38:25 pm »
Before I start saying anything, I highly enjoy my GSX, I use it everyday and with ALL of my flights.
I also know that this problem has been discussed MANY times before, but hear me out with what I have to say. This problem has been recurring with my FSX ever since I got GSX (Around 6 months). I use Nvidia Inspector to make my FSX look better, and I did this with Ryan's (From PMDG) guide on avsim. The only thing that I did differently was I disabled Antialiasing-Transparency Multisampling and  Antialiasing-Transparency supersampling because I have read from other users that this is what makes the textures with GSX and various scenery go invisible. My fsx.cfg tweaks are very simple:
[BUFFERPOOLS]
Poolsize=0
[GRAPHICS]
HIGHMEMFIX=1
[GRAPHICS]
TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=4096

With this problem, I have also tried using another video driver, which didn't work
Restoring my video card control panel, which didn't work
and lastly using a different fsx.cfg, and what a surprise, it didn't work.

I honestly don't know what to do because when I use GSX, textures from my planes and parts of terminal buildings start to go invisible, and the baggage loaders only have their heads showing (A little creepy) and parts of the vehicles are missing. But at the same time, I really want to use GSX.

My specs + addons
i7-3770k @4.6 Stable
16gb Corsair RAM
Nvidia GTX 770
FSX on a 1TB hard drive
EZCA
REX + AS2012
Sceneries from Flytampa and UK2000
PMDG aircraft
AXE airbus
GSX (obviously)

Please help me out :( I have reinstalled FSX Numerous times to get this to work, but to no avail, it didn't, so I came here.

Some Screenshots:

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Missing Textures
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 11:31:32 pm »
I'm sorry but, if you really tried all the things you said you tried, there are no other known solutions, other than that is SURELY a video driver problem.

You might try a full clean installation of your drivers. Use the following utility:

http://www.guru3d.com/content_page/guru3d_driver_sweeper.html

And read all the instructions how to clean the video driver.

Then reinstall the latest WHQL video driver.

DO NOT use ANY tweaker. Those that makes FSX "look better" usually apply tweaks that are not good for all video cards, and such guides you see on the internet are usually too subjective, because the one who wrote them usually tried only his own card with a specific set of drivers with his own combination of add-ons.

It's entirely useless reinstalling FSX. Cleaning the FSX.CFG should be enough. You might also try cleaning your Shaders cache, by removing the C:\Users\ \AppData\Local\Microsoft\FSX folder.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 11:33:13 pm by virtuali »