Author Topic: Can't bring up GSX  (Read 29291 times)

jetsmell

Can't bring up GSX
« on: October 16, 2013, 06:43:48 am »
I made a mistake by deleting the original post. Originaly I said that when I click on Shift + Control + F12 that nothing comes up. The Add On Manager and Couati are there. I have Windows 8, but everything, FSX and the add ons are Windows 7 compatable. FSX is installed in Programs ( X86 ) File. The UAC Slider is currently all the way down, so no administrator rights was given. The fsdt advisor had given me some advise that I can't remember for sure so I'll give it a try and please respond with a clear answer. You are advising me to give administrator rights to FSX and all the add ons ? Turn the UAC Slider back up? Change the compatable from Windows 7 Back to Windows 8 on everything?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Can't bring up GSX
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 12:12:26 pm »
The Add On Manager and Couati are there?

That's ends every discussion about installation, antivirus, settings, etc. If you have both menus, that means everything's running normally.

The only possible explanation for GSX not coming up are:

1) You haven't installed GSX. If you haven't, you would see the Couatl menu, but no "GSX Settings" and other GSX menus under it.

OR

2) There's a key conflict, either with some other product, or between GSX itself, if you redefined the GSX default key in the past, before GSX had two hotkeys. You can check this in the "Key assignment" menu under the Couatl menu. Be sure the two GSX hotkeys are set differently. By default, they are CTRL+F12 for YouControl and CTRL+Shift+F12 for GSX direct.

jetsmell

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2013, 03:18:12 pm »
While in FSX, I have the Couati and Add on Manager. In Couati, I have the following options; GSX Settings, GSX Customize Aircraft and Customize Airports. In the Add on Manager, the options to register my key, etc. are not available to me.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2013, 03:20:06 pm »
In Couati, I have the following options; GSX Settings, GSX Customize Aircraft and Customize Airports.

You should have other options too, restart Couatl and Key assignments. You should use the Key assignments menu to check for key conflicts.

jetsmell

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2013, 07:14:03 pm »
In the drop down, I went to control settings and got; You control>Control + F12
                                                                         GSX > Shift + Control + F12
                                                                         Park Me > Control + Shift + P ( discontinued )    I checked both FSX Key Functions and FUISPC 4 and there are no key conflicts.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2013, 07:29:26 pm »
I checked both FSX Key Functions and FUISPC 4 and there are no key conflicts

Everything's fine in GSX key assignment. FSUIPC is not the only program that can use hotkeys. Check all your other running programs, and be sure no one is using one of the GSX hotkeys.

Does YouControl ( CTRL+F12 ) works ?

jetsmell

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2013, 05:40:42 am »
You control doesn't work.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2013, 10:31:08 am »
You control doesn't work.

Do you have an FSDT scenery ? Does YouControl works there at least ?

jetsmell

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2013, 02:01:47 pm »
I click on You Control ( Control + F12 ) and get a pop up that says it's discontinued. I get nothing with Control + Shift + F12. In my files ; Program ( X86 )
                                                                                                                                                                                           Microsoft Games
                                                                                                                                                                                              FSX
                                                                                                                                                                                                FS Dreamteam
                                                                                                                                                                                                  couati
                                                                                                                                                                                                     cyvr   ( bought it last night and it works ).
                                                                                                                                                                                                        kjfk  ( it works )
        When I click on couati seen above I get this ; common
                                                                      cyvr
                                                                      gsx
                                                                      jfk
                                                                      Park me
                                                                      wx

jetsmell

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2013, 02:08:19 pm »
Here is an attachment.

jetsmell

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2013, 03:34:22 pm »
I don't know if this means anything but when I go to my file I see this; Microsoft Games
                                                                                                 FSX
                                                                                                   GSX
                                                                                                     Airports                  " No items match your search "
                                                                                                     Assistance Services     "     "       "       "        "
                                                                                                     Parking                      "     "       "       "        "
                                                                                                     RES                          "      "      "       "        "
                                                                                                     Sounds   ;                   baggage loader
                                                                                                                                     catering
                                                                                                                                     push back

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2013, 07:14:16 pm »
I click on You Control ( Control + F12 ) and get a pop up that says it's discontinued.

It's not possible you would see such message, because:

- That message comes only if you press the ParkMe hotkey, which is Ctrl+Shift+P

- You have the Disabled = 1 setting in the ParkMe folder

Please, post your Keymapping.ini file in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder.

jetsmell

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2013, 09:22:04 pm »
I stand corrected. When I click Control + Shift + P I get the pop up that says Park me is discontinued, no other keys work.

jetsmell

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2013, 06:03:42 am »
  You said I have the Disabled =1 setting in the Park Me Folder, is that good or bad ?
  When you say post your Keymapping . ini file in the %APPDATA \Virtuali folder , what exactly does that mean ?
  I'm not computer literate so you have to explain in a simple way that I will understand . Thank you for your patience.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2013, 08:59:32 am »
You said I have the Disabled =1 setting in the Park Me Folder, is that good or bad ?

It's good, of course. Since it has been discontinued by GSX, there's no need to load it anymore.

When you say post your Keymapping . ini file in the %APPDATA \Virtuali folder , what exactly does that mean ?

Exactly the same as when you posted your Couatladdons.ini. The Keymapping.ini is in the same folder.