Author Topic: Majestic Q400 and GSX  (Read 3812 times)

yimi

Majestic Q400 and GSX
« on: October 07, 2013, 03:10:59 am »
There doesn't seem to be support for catering service on MJC Q400. When I select catering service in the GSX menu I get the standard "Waiting for your action: open exit 4". So I press Shift + E + 4 to open the

right side forward and aft servicing doors. The catering vehicles get in position and does it's thing. The as soon as the person walks out of the truck and into the aircraft I get the "Waiting for your action: close exit 4"

message. This message comes up periodically as the catering service is being performed. My question is why is GSX not recognizing that catering service is being performed and keep giving me "close exit 4" messages.

*Note* I have the latest GSX version downloaded. I had some problems with the PMDG 777 and GSX and so I went to FSDT's main page and downloaded GSX again. And I have reset all aircraft config. managers. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Majestic Q400 and GSX
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 11:05:22 am »
message. This message comes up periodically as the catering service is being performed. My question is why is GSX not recognizing that catering service is being performed and keep giving me "close exit 4" messages.

The problem seems to be that this airplane has its catering doors with heights that are just across the threshold between using the catering vehicle with the animated crew (on the back) and the mini-van with no crew on the front AND the two exits share a common variable. This is not a situation that GSX is programmed to handle, we'll try to fix it in future updates.

In the meantime, you can fix it easily by setting the front catering door as "Door without open/close checks" with the GSX airplane configuration editor. It won't make any difference since the front door is serviced by the mini-van with no crew, but it will fix the problem.

djsmithfl

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2015, 10:02:09 pm »
Go to the Majestic Q400 Forum and search for doors. There is a free doors fix for the MJC you can download and install. It works!!!!!!

Bruce R

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2015, 04:22:38 am »
Hello djsmithfl ...I thought I would try the door gauge you recommended.  I've done everything as per the instructions but ...how do I open the doors? 

Bruce R