Author Topic: GSX Vehicles issues video  (Read 6472 times)

boeing737

GSX Vehicles issues video
« on: September 17, 2013, 06:21:46 pm »
ok.. I did a small video of the issues that I'm seeing happening all the time ... If you don't want to watch the whole 11 min video, then I have posted the timing when the issues are occuring ...
00:04
00:09
02:28
02:43
04:26
10:23

There are few more issues that had popped up aftr finishing this video but I don't have the time to capture ever single issues and post then here on youtube especially when I don't see any interest in resolving them ...

Some other issues that are not in the video are:
-  The catering truck going through the wing of the aircraft after finishing it's load ...
-  The push-back truck when requested comes in front of your aircraft to hook up and then just dissapears.. Even though it is hooked up and connected and pushing the aircraft back, you don't see a bit of the truck through the FOV.. At start you see it and it then jsust dissappears and come back when it's released ...
-  Stairs moving by them selves
-  After arrvial, and the marshal has parked you safely and then when he leaves, he walks right through a brick wall into the building etc etc..

Pop up's is one thing, but GSX's own vehicles running into each other ????? hummm ...

The video was record with Blue Print Scenery CCYZ Toronto Pearson Airport at Parking # B09 I believe. The aircraft tha I'm using is Jetstreams Boeing 737-800 by Prosim737. I'm using FSX deluxe gold with acceleration pack. Not sure whatelse info to give... Sorry to say this virtuali, but I've seen far much less problems or isses with AES than I'm seeing with GSX even when including the pop ups with AES..

here is the youtube video ..

&feature=youtu.be

chow!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 06:23:17 pm by boeing737 »

johndrago

Re: GSX Vehicles issues video
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 07:25:30 pm »
Some other issues that are not in the video are:
-  The catering truck going through the wing of the aircraft after finishing it's load ...
-  The push-back truck when requested comes in front of your aircraft to hook up and then just dissapears.. Even though it is hooked up and connected and pushing the aircraft back, you don't see a bit of the truck through the FOV.. At start you see it and it then jsust dissappears and come back when it's released ...
-  Stairs moving by them selves
-  After arrvial, and the marshal has parked you safely and then when he leaves, he walks right through a brick wall into the building etc etc..

Pop up's is one thing, but GSX's own vehicles running into each other ????? hummm ...

Without

Without watching your video, I can answer some of your issues.  A quick forum search would have given you most of these answers as it's been discussed countless times.

1.  The vehicles are not self aware.  They can run into objects, and through things.  This is just the way it is.  They follow a track, and if things are in the way, it happens.  At 3rd party airports where there is much more going on, this happens more.

2.  At some locations where there isn't a stair truck, the stairs will move themselves as if they were motorized.  Not sure why one version is chosen over another.

3.  Again, the marshaller is not self aware either, and can walk into or through objects.

The only issue I see here is the pushback truck dissappearing and then reappearing.  I've never seen that at any airport.  My trucks have always stayed visible through the entire process, and even when they leave to park.

John

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 09:32:52 pm »
None of the issues your reported are GSX problems. johndrago explained it already so, no need to repeat and no, nobody has ever reported a problem like that on the push-back.

As explained many times on the forum, but also on the manual, GSX doesn't know anything about the surrounding scenery, its knowledge of the outside world if provided by the AFCAD AND an eventual airport customization file you can create.

Conflicts with AI objects can be minimized if the scenery AFCAD comes with proper vehicles taxiways, because GSX vehicles use them by preference, but it there aren't any, they must use regular taxiways. Most of the default sceneries have dedicate vehicle taxiways, but many 3rd party scenery don't so, if ground vehicles and AI have to share the same taxiways, conflicts might appear more often.

In addition to having a proper AFCAD, it's possible to act on the scenery customization feature to change some things like vehicles starting positions, to minimize the chance for them to run into scenery objects, and the marshaller distance, to minimize the chance to have a marshaller ending up inside a building.

Sorry to say this virtuali, but I've seen far much less problems or isses with AES than I'm seeing with GSX even when including the pop ups with AES..

You really doesn't seem to understand. Since NO AES vehicles comes from afar, but they ALL POPUP CLOSE TO YOUR AIRPLANE, it's fairly obvious you won't see many conflict with other objects, considering they only have to move a few meters from your start position to the airplane door.

And, of course, since AES doesn't follow any arbitrary AFCAD, for example in the Pushback, but works only on its supported airports, it's always customized to that airports, similar to those FSDT and Flightbeam airports we give away for free, but with AES you have to pay dearly for this customization.

Do you have the same issues on an FSDT airport ? That would be a proper comparison, except that fully customized airports in GSX are free.

a320wolf

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 12:23:46 pm »
Hi Umberto.
I'm evaluating to buy GSX. It's honestly a great improvement vs AES, even if I don't know if it's better to have vehicles that appear near the plane without passing trough buildings or vehicles which come from distance but with these "issues". I like to see all the animations but first of all I'm "a pilot", and when I start GSX services I spend most of the time setting the plane inside the cockpit :-)
So it's not so important to have vehicles coming far away. But this is my personal opinion  ;)

Anyway I notice also that vehicles pass on each other - for example when catering vehicle leaves the plane and the baggage truck comes to the plane -
I understand that the main "problem" is not GSX but the AFCAD file, but I have this behaviour also with your Zurich scenery, and I have only your afcad for it (I check with the free afcad scanner).
I also notice the same thing on Milan Linate default scenery where GSX is active. There is also strange behaviour when - for example - you have baggage truck which turn around on itself before leaving the plane (this happen at Zurich too).... so there something I don't understand  :'(

Thanks!
Regards, Massimo

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2013, 12:50:14 pm »
if I don't know if it's better to have vehicles that appear near the plane without passing trough buildings or vehicles which come from distance but with these "issues"

GSX vehicles surely don't pass through buildings.

They follow AFCAD taxi lines. If a scenery AFCAD has taxilines passing through buildings, that's surely a big mistake which will not affect JUST GSX, it will also affect AI airplanes, which will use the same taxiways to go through the same buildings.

Anyway I notice also that vehicles pass on each other - for example when catering vehicle leaves the plane and the baggage truck comes to the plane

That's an entirely different issue. Of course, it would be easier to "fix" it by making vehicles just disappear...

I understand that the main "problem" is not GSX but the AFCAD file, but I have this behaviour also with your Zurich scenery, and I have only your afcad for it (I check with the free afcad scanner).

Not always. The AFCAD in this case might be or not the problem, but there might be other things that affects it. One might be the starting position of the vehicles, but also your timing settings, because such conflict might appear or not depending how much time a vehicle has spent doing the service.

There is also strange behaviour when - for example - you have baggage truck which turn around on itself before leaving the plane (this happen at Zurich too).... so there something I don't understand 

Again, is not so simple. You make it sound as if GSX "works" like this, when in fact you only found a specific anomaly on a specific place. A vehicle that turns around on itself might be due to issues specific to the parking spot and its size in relationship with the airplane size, the airplane doors locations and the vehicle starting position for that specific parking spot.

As asked many times on this forum, whenever you found such problem, instead of assuming that "GSX works like that", clearly report the problem by indicating:

- The airplane used

- The scenery used

- The gate used

- The GSX operation used

It's possible this was a local problem with either the scenery AFCAD, the scenery GSX customization, the GSX airplane configuration, but it could also be a general "bug". If it's a general "bug", it's even more worthy of a report, because a generic fix could improve the GSX behavior over hundreds of airport at time.

a320wolf

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2013, 03:16:55 pm »
First of all "Hi Umberto" ....
I know you're probably tired of writing always the same things... but I wrote you because I have these "issues" on your "official scenery" :-[

Anyway all clear Umberto, thanks.
Honestly I encounter these kind of problems different times with both QualityWings RJ85, PMDG 737 and Aerosoft A320 X.
I understand that GSX is a complex and amazing add-on, but I prefer more time flying that "testing and reporting"  ::) (even if I understand that this is the right way to improve it)

Thanks for all!
Regards, Massimo

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2013, 07:18:22 pm »
but I wrote you because I have these "issues" on your "official scenery" :-[

I don't see what difference it makes. Nowhere I've said our sceneries are entirely faultless. In fact, it would be even more important to report problems with them.

Honestly I encounter these kind of problems different times with both QualityWings RJ85, PMDG 737 and Aerosoft A320 X.

As I've said, without checking, is not possible to say if your specific problem was related to the airplane configuration, the scenery AFCAD or the scenery customization. Or even a combination of them.

I understand that GSX is a complex and amazing add-on, but I prefer more time flying that "testing and reporting"  ::) (even if I understand that this is the right way to improve it)

It's the only way, considering the program works everywhere and can be configured by users to use any airplane and any scenery. We can only rely on user reports, it would be impossible to test 20.000 airports ourselves at all their parking positions, combined with hundreds of 3rd party airplanes too.