Author Topic: Trouble activating  (Read 7379 times)

jetsmell

Trouble activating
« on: September 10, 2013, 03:21:08 am »
I have tried in every way ( too many times to mention ) to get my GSX and JFJ to work. I had to do a system recovery thus needing to re-install. The closest I have come to activation when they say things are ok, but if it doesn't work in 15 minutes to send an e-mail to the owner. Every other add on that I have had hasn't given me the grief that this company is giving me.
  WHY should I buy anything else from them , if I can't even get what I have already paid for to work?

Hnla

Re: Trouble activating
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 04:02:20 am »
Hmm, so maybe, just maybe, actually explaining the problem in your post might help us? Just a thought..

jetsmell

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 06:52:19 am »
Hmm, Well I just spent over an hour and I think both GSX and JFK is activated. That's the good news. The bad news is that when I click on Control + Shift + F 12 nothing happens. If think the problem with that is I deleted all keys in FSX so I could program my own commands. I need to figure out what to do in FSX > Controls > Keys. That one is on me. The other bit of bad news is that all the planes at JFK are parked next to no buildings. I said it before and I'll say it again compared to about twenty add ons that I have this one has been by far the worst re-installing.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 06:54:20 am by jetsmell »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 11:39:55 am »
From your first message, the few that I could understand considered your reference to the "15 minutes" message, is that you simply typed the Serial Wrong: that's the only reason for the "25001, wait 15 minutes" error message.

From your 2nd message, since it seems you managed to fix it yourself (figuring out your error), it was obvious the problem wasn't in our software, so you could have spared the comment about how this is the "worse reinstalling": I don't think you have other add-ons that can be reinstalled with a "almost-right" Serial Number, they all usually require the Serial Number to be inserted 100% correctly.

The other bit of bad news is that all the planes at JFK are parked next to no buildings. I said it before and I'll say it again compared to about twenty add ons that I have this one has been by far the worst re-installing.

You were wrong before (since that error you described was caused by mis-typing the Serial Number) and you are wrong again.

What you are seeing doesn't have ANYTHING to do with "reinstalling" or "reactivating". As explained many times before, when a scenery or a product like GSX is not activated, for any reason, it will not DISAPPEAR, which in your case means GSX not responding to its own Hotkey and buildings not displaying.

If there's no activation, the product will WORK, IN FULL, but in Trial mode. Trial mode means that buildings will show for 5-6 minutes PER SESSION, and GSX will work only at the FSDT airports and the Trial airports.

You GSX is not starting and the scenery is not displaying, it doesn't have ANYTHING to do with the "reinstall method worse than anything you have seen". It doesn't have ANYTHING to do with the reinstall method at all.

It simply means that, the software is NOT RUNNING!

And the most likely cause for this is, of course, something that doesn't have anything to do with our software, most likely a faulty antivirus.

Do you have BOTH the "Addon Manager" AND the "Couatl powered products" under you FSX "Addons" menu ?

If you are missing the "Couatl powered products" menu only, it's likely your antivirus has mistakenly identified it as a threat, so it has blocked its execution, and this will of course prevent any of our products from running.

To correctly deal with a bugged antivirus, as explained in many other threads in this forum, the correct procedure is always:

- Download AND install with the antivirus TURNED OFF, entirely

- BEFORE starting FSX, configure the antivirus to EXCLUDE the following files from scanning:

YOURFSXFOLDER\bglmanx.dll
YOURFSXFOLDER\fsdreamteam\Couatl\Couatl.exe

- NOW, you can turn the antivirus back on, and check under the FSX "Addons" menu if you have BOTH menus visible. If you have, everything will work normally.

jetsmell

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2013, 10:48:23 pm »
With all due respect I'm not knocking your products, but your activation methods suck. That said , My Couati is good in FSX. While trying to activate JFK I received this pop up > The activation key is not valid. ( error = 8225:7769 ) I got that activation key from you.

jetsmell

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2013, 11:39:15 pm »
Got back into FSX and now Couati is not there in the drop down. The add on Manager is still there. The GSX must be good because at the bottom there are no options for buying, re-installing , etc.

jetsmell

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2013, 02:44:16 pm »
Went to my anti-virus and added the exceptions. Turned of windows fire wall. Opened FSX. In the drop down, Couatl was there. In the Manager GSX  had no options to register, so I'm assuming it's active. Clicked on KJFK ( a purchase ) Typed in the box for the serial # that was supplied by you. A pop up that read;      R3P5AG-P1TJ-4UDG5D-KETU-AOF8C2 doesn't seem to be a correct Serial Number for : fsDreamTeam jfk
                                                                                                                                           Be sure to insert it exactly as indicated on your purchase receipt.

jetsmell

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2013, 02:50:49 pm »
As side note, weeks ago I deleted all key commands in FSX so I could customize the key board to my liking. Will Shift + Control +F12 > GSX  and Control + F1 > You Control  still work ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2013, 06:22:02 pm »
Went to my anti-virus and added the exceptions. Turned of windows fire wall. Opened FSX. In the drop down, Couatl was there

So, it turned out to be the antivirus...

A pop up that read;      R3P5AG-P1TJ-4UDG5D-KETU-AOF8C2 doesn't seem to be a correct Serial Number for : fsDreamTeam jfkBe sure to insert it exactly as indicated on your purchase receipt.

If the message says EXACTLY that, you are doing two mistakes here:

1) If the message is *exactly* like you said "doesn't seem to be a correct Serial Number for : fsDreamTeam jfk", it means you have confused JFK with JFK V2. There are two entries for JFK, one for the original version, which is called just "JFK", and another one below it, called "JFK V2", if you are activating a JFK V2 Serial Number, you must select JFK V2, not JFK in the Addon Manager.

2) The code you typed is NOT a Serial Number and it's surely NOT something "indicated on your purchase receipt", your purchase receipt doesn't contain anything that looks like that. Your Serial Number is clearly indicated as "Serial Number" on your purchase receipt, and it looks like FSDTJFKV2-xxxx-yyyy-zzzz, etc.

What you confused for a Serial Number look like an Activation ID, which is NOT normally used. The Activation ID is used ONLY if your internet connection doesn't work so, the offline activation method comes out automatically.

Of course, another security-related product, such as a firewall, which is blocking online access from FSX to the activation server, might also result in the offline activation procedure being triggered, which works too, but not if you use it in the wrong way, which means trying to use the Activation ID instead of the Serial Number.

In any case, it would be best if you turn off your firewall and try the regular online activation, using ONLY the Serial Number, which works without using the activation web site and the Activation ID.

jetsmell

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2013, 11:31:26 pm »
Serial Number Not Found (-25001): Our servers may still be processing your order. Please recheck your serial number and try again in about 15 minutes. If you receive this error at that time, contact VIRTUALI s.a.s. for more information.
  Before the above message I turned my fire wall off. Opened FSX , got into the drop down, clicked on JFK ( the one I purchased ) ,and entered this # ; FSDTKJFK-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXX. a POP UP SAID; jfk IS CORRECTLY INSTALLED BUT NOT ACTIVE YET ON THIS PC. DO YOU WANT TO ACTIVATE IT NOW?  YES  ANOTHER POP UP ; ARE YOU SURE ?   YES   ANOTHER SCREEN ( I CHOOSE THE TOP OPTION ) ACTIVATE USING WEB BROWSER ON THIS COMPUTER.   ANOTHER SCREEN ; WITH THE NUMBERS ALREADY  IN A SMALL BOX ; R3P5AG-J4RN-X12G5D-KETU-AOF8C2   - CLICKED ON SUBMIT , THEN GOT THE MESSAGE THAT YOU SEE AT THE VERY TOP.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 12:23:27 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2013, 12:33:05 am »
Serial Number Not Found (-25001): Our servers may still be processing your order. Please recheck your serial number and try again in about 15 minutes. If you receive this error at that time, contact VIRTUALI s.a.s. for more information.

This simply indicates you TYPED IT WRONG.

Before the above message I turned my fire wall off. Opened FSX , got into the drop down, clicked on JFK ( the one I purchased ) ,and entered this # ; FSDTKJFK-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXX. a POP UP SAID; jfk IS CORRECTLY INSTALLED BUT NOT ACTIVE YET ON THIS PC. DO YOU WANT TO ACTIVATE IT NOW?  YES  ANOTHER POP UP ; ARE YOU SURE ?

You must be crazy putting your Serial Number on a public forum. I've edited it now but, if it becomes blacklisted because someone tried to activate it, we can't obviously be responsible.

Don't you think that something that involved your Serial Number, should be written IN PRIVATE or, at the very least, conceal your Serial Number ?

In any case, YES, you TYPED IT WRONG.

Your (correct) Serial contained a "0" (the number "zero"), but you typed it with an "O" (the letter "O") instead, which is the most common mistake users do when typing Serial Numbers.

YES   ANOTHER SCREEN ( I CHOOSE THE TOP OPTION ) ACTIVATE USING WEB BROWSER ON THIS COMPUTER

That's the offline activation, which I've described before, which normally comes out if something like a firewall is blocking online access to FSX, and sometimes might be also be fixed by restarting either FSX, Windows, or your router.

However, the offline activation, although less user-friendly, WILL WORK TOO (users that really have no internet connection use that one), but of course, in order to work, you must insert the CORRECT Serial, which you haven't.

In fact, checking the server activation status for your order, it reports that you finally activated successfully, using the manual activation so, I guess you already figured it out what you did wrong with the Serial Number.

jetsmell

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2013, 03:10:16 am »
Yes looking back that it was crazy but in my many days of this nonsense , I really wasn't thinking. But it's a good thing that I did or you wouldn't have discovered the mistake. You say that it's activated now , that I must have discovered my mistake, YOU ARE WRONG! I never changed a thing.

jetsmell

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2013, 04:43:01 am »
With everything now activated, the keys; Shift + Control + f12 and Control + F12  don't work. Do you have any idea of how this can be fixed ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2013, 10:27:37 am »
You say that it's activated now , that I must have discovered my mistake, YOU ARE WRONG! I never changed a thing.

Wrong, you did.

As I've said already, the Serial Number you said you used which you posted here (which I obviously edited, in order to prevent someone to stole it from you), contained AN ERROR: you confused a zero with a letter O, that was the cause of your reported "25001 Serial Not Found" error, and of course the subsequent activation error.

Since you DID finally activate successfully, and you HAVE used the correct Serial Number that time, it clearly proves you HAVE changed something (you obviously fixed your mistake and change the "O" with the "0"), because you probably realized what you did wrong. Maybe you haven't even realized it, but when you were getting errors you WERE typing the letter O, but at a certain point, you started typing the 0, and of course the Activation worked then.

Everything's logged on the activation server, even your failed activation tries so, I could even tell you how many times you tried: you tried twice, the first time you inserted just a space (no Serial), the 2nd time you typed the Serial Number, but with the letter O instead of the 0, and you finally got it right at the 3rd try.

With everything now activated, the keys; Shift + Control + f12 and Control + F12  don't work. Do you have any idea of how this can be fixed ?

Do you have the "Couatl powered products" menu under the FSX "Addons" menu ?

If yes, check your key assignments there. If not, it means the Couatl program is not running and, this is most likely caused by your antivirus, and how to deal with it, was explained in my previous message.

jetsmell

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2013, 02:44:55 pm »
  Finally everything works. This process is way too complicated. Something needs improvement. This is constructive criticizem, you should check out the link I provided  WITH an open mind. You have great products but there are other things going on that will diminish your good name. This is not the only forum that is currently bad mouthing you and your company. Good luck !
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 02:46:16 pm by virtuali »