Author Topic: PMDG 777 wrong door?  (Read 12240 times)

FlyingShark

PMDG 777 wrong door?
« on: September 08, 2013, 11:39:17 am »
Hi,

I have the PMDG 777X and with the passenger variant, when parked at a gate with jetway, the jetway goes to door 2L as it should.  However when I tell GSX to board passengers I get asked to open Entry door 1L not 2L.  Is this how GSX is supposed to operate with the 777? or is there a bug with my version?

I have the latest GSX version and I did the live update when that was launched a few days ago.  I did have my own config for the 777 prior to the GSX update.  I reset the config prior to the update via the config screen in FSX.  I have also reset the config and reinstalled both GSX and the new update since, but this has not worked.

All other services are fine, and when parked at a stand with no jetway the stairs are also fine.

Any ideas? 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: PMDG 777 wrong door?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2013, 02:25:12 pm »
All other services are fine, and when parked at a stand with no jetway the stairs are also fine.

GSX always consider the 1st passenger door to be the one passengers enter from. It doesn't support the concept of an airplane where 2nd door is configured to be the main passenger exit but ONLY when there's a jetway.

You might change this by exchanging door 1 with 2 in the editor but, of course, you'll now be asked to open exit 2L even on a parking with stairs.

FlyingShark

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, 02:34:18 pm »
Thanks for the quick response.

Could I just simply swap door 2 with door 1? Also how would I go about this?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2013, 03:07:27 pm »
Could I just simply swap door 2 with door 1? Also how would I go about this?

Just exchange all their parameters, including the custom XML expression and the custom name in the editor. Your goal is to have what is now Exit 2L to go into the GSX Passenger Door #1 slot, and vice-versa. Exit 1L should then go into GSX Passenger Door #2 slot.

FlyingShark

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2013, 03:24:48 pm »
Thought so, I'll give that a go.

Thanks

FlyingShark

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2013, 07:51:01 pm »
Umberto, thanks a lot.  This did the trick. :)

jordanal

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2013, 08:09:39 pm »
Thanks, reversing the doors work for me too.
Regards,
Al