Author Topic: Can't register Serial Number **SOLVED**  (Read 6951 times)

yimi

Can't register Serial Number **SOLVED**
« on: July 13, 2013, 04:11:26 am »
Hello,

I'm having some problems trying to register KJFK V2. When I go to the Add-on manager and select JFK V2 on the Products tab, it says the product is in TRIAL mode. Not sure why this is since I bought this product a few weeks back and entered in the Serial Number with no problems. Now for some reason it went back to trial mode. So I got my receipt for the purchase with all the order numbers and serial numbers. My problem is when I click Register Serial in the add on manager nothing happens. The little window that is supposed to show up doesn't show up and I can not enter my serial number in. I'm using add-on manager version 2.9.6 and my Couatl is working correctly.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 10:52:58 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Can't register Serial Number
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, 08:40:37 am »
My problem is when I click Register Serial in the add on manager nothing happens. The little window that is supposed to show up doesn't show up and I can not enter my serial number in.

The registration dialog might be there, but might be simply went behind the FSX window.  This is likely caused by another add-one that "steals" the input focus, like add-ons with their own window that appears on top of fight sim, chat windows, etc. In this case, you'll have to turn off the offending add-on during the registration.

yimi

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2013, 10:06:54 pm »
Ok so I have tried again and again and I can not get the window to appear to enter in my serial number. Every time I click Enter Serial in the add-on manager nothing happens. No windows pop up. I do not have anything open on my desktop that would prevent the window from popping up. As of now these are the things I have minimized on my desktop: Google Chrome, Fraps, FSX, and REX. That's it, nothing else. When I right click the FSX icon that I have minimized to see all the windows that are up on that program, all I see is FSX. No other windows. Please help!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2013, 11:03:34 am »
I can only repeat and confirm that if you don't see the registration window, it's because you have another FSX Add-on that is trying to force itself on the foreground, so the registration dialog is behind the FSX screen.

It's not something you have on the desktop, it's surely an FSX add-on, and programs known to cause this are online flying client with their chat window that tries to be always on top (a very questionable behavior).

You can try to bring the registration window back on top, by pressing CTRL+TAB or ALT+TAB to cycle between opened windows, immediately after you press the "Register Serial" button.

yimi

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2013, 06:08:35 am »
Problem is solved. Everything is ok. I was able to enter in my serial number :) Thanks for the help Umberto! I think the CTRL-TAB did the trick.