Author Topic: Flight Controls affected by auto pilot problem  (Read 3652 times)

BadenBr

Flight Controls affected by auto pilot problem
« on: May 29, 2013, 01:59:38 pm »
Hi Guys
I have been playing around with the F18 auto pilot and all works as it should however I have a problem with the flight controls after the auto pilot is disengaged. I find that they are restricted and I can only get very minor deflection on all surfaces. I would like to know if this is a known issue that can be rectified.
Thanks

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
Re: Flight Controls affected by auto pilot problem
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 06:42:50 pm »
BadenBr,

My guess is that you still have the autopilot engaged even though you believe you have disengaged it.  I am assuming that you are disengaging the autopilot in the similar manner you have engaged it by clicking the button next to the letters "BALT". It takes a little more to disengage the autopilot once it has been engaged.  The easiest method is to simply press the "Z" key on your keyboard.  If you are dead set on using the buttons in the cockpit, I believe the "ON/OFF" button on the far right side of the Up Front Control Panel" will do the same thing.  Once you have done either one, you should hear a disconnect tone/horn and you should have full control of your jet.

Hope this helps.

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

BadenBr

Re: Flight Controls affected by auto pilot problem
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2013, 10:15:38 pm »
Thanks for that I did indeed still have the AP engaged... onward and upward..