Author Topic: FSX crash with G3D.gll or ntdll.dll  (Read 9798 times)

rhadamantys

FSX crash with G3D.gll or ntdll.dll
« on: May 04, 2013, 02:47:43 am »
Hello, I recently buy both airports from your websire : KLAX and KLAS.

I use latest Addon manager and latest Coualt engine as is mentionned in this forum. So since I restart my computer It's impossible for me to start FSX properly, each time during starting of FSX just before welcome window I have a FSX crash error from G3D.dll or Ntdll.dll.

Before installing your software my FSX never encounter this problem. So I decide to deactivate both coualt and addon manager from my fsx thrust list. And what's happen?

FSX start very nice and I can fly without problems.

Please could you explain me why your software crash my FSX? I don't understand how it is possible.

Your Airports scenery are Amazing, but, your protection software kill my FSX...

Please help me

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSX crash with G3D.gll or ntdll.dll
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 04:53:11 am »
First, the G3D.DLL error is a very common FSX error, and it's NOT caused by any of our products, and NTDLL.DLL, is a low level general memory allocation module, and it doesn't have any relationship with anything related to our software.

Nothing of this, of course, has anything to do with the protection, since those two modules do much more than just handling the activation. You are mislead thinking they are needed mostly for the protection, because that's the part you get in touch with, as an user, but they would be needed just the same, even if there wasn't any protection to begin with.

Also, you are mislead thinking the problem was "caused" by our software because it goes away when uninstalling, but things are not so simple: what might have happened, is that installing our product is simply uncovered a problem you already had.

To fix the G3D.DLL, be sure you use the latest FSUIPC, which has a feature that is supposed to prevent it.

If this doesn't fix this, it's possible you have some default FSX files corrupted, try this:

- Check if you have these two files in the FSX\Scenery\Global\Scenery folder

vehicles_airport.gsx
vehicles_airport.bgl

remove the vehicles_airport.bgl and rename the vehicles_airport.gsx into vehicles_airport.bgl, then try if FSX starts normally. Of course, you have to do this AFTER installing everything related to FSDT.

rhadamantys

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2013, 05:01:49 am »
Thank you for reply!

After a lot investigations I just uninstall coualt and reinstall it! I tried to start FSX again and I put coualt and addon manager in FSX.cfg "trust  section" and now FSX start very well again.

Be sure, I'm very satisfied by your sceneries they are wonderful... But believe me, My FSX crashed only with Coualt and/or addon manager software running under FSX.

I don't know what's happened but I think coualt software had files corrupted may be.

Now everything seems to be cleared. I hope it will be like that for a long time. Thanks again for reply.

Best regards

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2013, 05:03:26 am »
I don't know what's happened but I think coualt software had files corrupted may be.

It's possible an external program, such an antivirus, might have corrupted them.