Author Topic: TBIT upgrades in a near update?  (Read 4321 times)

flyawayboy777

TBIT upgrades in a near update?
« on: April 30, 2013, 10:56:59 pm »
Dear FSDT development team,

Hey all! I live by the LAX airport and have the FSDT version on my computer. GREAT SCENERY!! Anyway, I had a question about the jetways of TBIT. I understand that only one can work and the other ones by the gate are inactive.

My question or request is if FSDT can make some dummy jetways for the A380 on the other side of TBIT. It shouldn't be a hard task as they are going to be dummy ones that don't work.

Also, I would ask the FSDT team to make the parking signal like system to guide the aircraft to the gate. I am not sure of the name but it is hung on the terminal and it replaces the job of a marsheller.

Last feature I ask for from the team is the park guidance feature that LAX has. Because of major congestion, aircraft wait on the ramp taxiways with engines shut off and a tow will come and tow the aircraft in and out of the gate. This feature could be incorporated with GSX I believe. With these few enhancements, I believe the FSDT LAX will be set and future proof! I hope a quick update can come out with at least one of these features! Thanks!  :)

Check out the A380 jetway layouts and designs in this panorama from LAX site:
http://www.earthcam.com/clients/lax/?project=cam1&page=pano

From,
Rohan Patel
rohanpatelt7@gmail.com

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: TBIT upgrades in a near update?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 10:50:19 pm »
Also, I would ask the FSDT team to make the parking signal like system to guide the aircraft to the gate. I am not sure of the name but it is hung on the terminal and it replaces the job of a marsheller.

Do you have any info on this ? Because it's really easy for us adding docking systems, especially if it's a type we already modeled, and it can be updated live via GSX self-update.

flyawayboy777

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 08:10:44 am »

Do you have any info on this ? Because it's really easy for us adding docking systems, especially if it's a type we already modeled, and it can be updated live via GSX self-update.

http://www.lawa.org/uploadedFiles/LAXDev/News_for_LAXDev/Bradley_West_Construction_News_04-11.pdf
The third page has a good detail of the docking system. This is going to be used throughout the TBIT I believe. I went to LAX last week and I saw this system on the current active gates. If you can model this at the minimum it would be greatly appreciated.

Any information on the parking assist tugs? Due to conjestion, LAX requires for pilots to stop engines on gate taxiways and a tug will pull them in. Will GSX have this feature? Parking an A380 after a long flight from Seoul is really difficult with no docking system or tow in tug.

Thanks FSDT.

flyawayboy777

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 08:14:58 am »
This is off topic but I would love to thank FSDT for an amazing scenery paired with GSX. I like flying the Korean Airlines Airbus A380 from LAX to Seoul and the cargo loading, gate details, and everything of LAX looks so beautiful! The GSX, when unloading the cargo, even says (Korean Airlines) on the Cargo pods! This is truly amazing FSDT! I would love to thank you for an amazing scenery and the awesome GSX!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=127662060765083&set=a.127662017431754.1073741828.127081567489799&type=3&theater

Thanks FSDT Dev team!
(Check out some pictures I took! They are in an album so just click the arrow right to continue on more photos!! :) )
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 08:48:11 am by flyawayboy777 »