Author Topic: Gate Taxi Lines  (Read 5862 times)

VHHHflyer

Gate Taxi Lines
« on: April 29, 2013, 12:20:20 am »
Hello FSDT,
I installed the demo of JFK V2 and absolutely love it. But, i cannot see the taxi lines which lead to the gates in VC mode in any aircraft. I can see them from the outside view.
https://plus.google.com/photos/103235737876330716137/albums/5872025863876090737?authkey=CJGAkZrx9s-6yQE

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Gate Taxi Lines
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 12:46:54 am »
You are using a very wide VC zoom angle, and LOD optimization causes parts of object to disappear at such wide angles. We try to make sure the scenery is always visible from 0.50 to 0.70 ( 0.70 is universally recognized to be the most realistic setting ), but can't guaranteed anything below that.

VHHHflyer

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 02:35:53 am »
Hello Umberto,
I tried to zoom in but the taxi lines only appear from 0.60 to 0.70. These settings zoom too much into the cockpit instruments and it is very hard to look around. Is there any setting to change this. Even if it drops the fps?

Thank You.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2013, 01:20:45 pm »
I tried to zoom in but the taxi lines only appear from 0.60 to 0.70. These settings zoom too much into the cockpit instruments and it is very hard to look around. Is there any setting to change this. Even if it drops the fps?

There's no setting we can change dynamically (well, not an easy one, we might have to work a bit on it...), we should recompile all the scenery and redistribute it, so it might impose an fps drop to everybody, even those that usually fly with 0.70 zoom, which is our base of reference.

With our latest sceneries (CYVR and KJFK V2) we added the ability to modify models in real-time, to allow multiple season changes with user-settable switch dates, so we might use the same method to alter the LOD table, but I won't make any promises, because it's not the easiest thing to do.

concorde11

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 08:46:08 am »

There's no setting we can change dynamically (well, not an easy one, we might have to work a bit on it...), we should recompile all the scenery and redistribute it, so it might impose an fps drop to everybody, even those that usually fly with 0.70 zoom, which is our base of reference.

With our latest sceneries (CYVR and KJFK V2) we added the ability to modify models in real-time, to allow multiple season changes with user-settable switch dates, so we might use the same method to alter the LOD table, but I won't make any promises, because it's not the easiest thing to do.

I'd be highly in favor of that!  The scenery is great, but with a lot of us running aircraft like the NGX, we have our cockpit view settings zoomed out as the default (my personal default is 0.40).  Having to zoom in by a significant amount in order to see the scenery properly takes away from the experience quite a bit.  The fix would be well worth it in my opinion.

MrUnSavory

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2013, 03:51:42 am »
I would agree. I am one of the people who has no problem with just using default aircraft with repaints and use a .30 zoom with my trackIr. At a .60 or .70 zoom I might as well be sitting on the nose of the aircraft. I have a number of yur airports and don't have this problem in the other ones.

feer

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2013, 07:02:27 am »
i agree ngx vc zoom 0.40 most of the time this use lees this jfk v2 with this problem please fix this very disappointed   to make the buy this v2 fsdt..
Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 2nd generation @ 4.0ghz
gigabyte p67a-ud3. patriot viper series 3 8gb ddr3 1600mhz
cpu fan Cooler Master's V6GT
MSI GTX 560TI  1GB 256-BIT @1000mhz  GDDR5
samsung 26 '' t260hd

MartinC/A

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2013, 12:24:24 pm »
Hi there
Anyone knows where excatly to change the zoom in cockpit view. My problem is that when using the PMDG747-400X the lines apear when taxing out of T4, but when outside of the apron area, the taxi lines suddenly dissapear. I'm not using VC, but main Cockpitview, and have changed the Initial Zoom to 0.70 and the Zoom Panscalar to 0.70 in the Aircraft CFG. file. When changing view either to spot or tower, or even with pressing W, making the cockpit nonvisable the taxi lines reapear, just not when switching back to Cockpit view.
 Any idears where else to change to the zoom level?

Regards
MartinC/A
Denmark