Author Topic: There is a problem with bglmanx.dll  (Read 5076 times)

JakeEyre

There is a problem with bglmanx.dll
« on: March 18, 2013, 10:08:25 am »
Hi there,

I recently got a Windows 8 machine (less than a week ago). I have installed FSX on its own drive. It runs as admin. I have installed most of my sceneries and planes. I also installed the standalone addon manager (at the same time as the above) FSX has ben running sweetly (W8 is much faster than W7 - not FSX, tho it seems to "breathe" easier). Yesterday, I decided to install all of my FSDT products (5 or 6 airports, GSX and XPOI) I ran through the installs and activate all products fine. I also installed the FSX SDK as I need to use ADE and SimConnect with networked PC's. SimConnect is working great.

Now, when I start FSX I get the following message:

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/4187/bglmanx.png

Now, it is obviously something in the way I installed all of my FSDT products, as the standalone addon manager was firing up just fine before all of the products did their downloads. I can also click run anyway and it loads fine, but this is not good for me as I start FSX from another program using FSUIPC and Simconnect (Air Hauler) and FSX just crashes every time it starts, uinless I comment out the entries in FSX.cfg/DLL.xml and EXE.xml

I have done rhe following:

Uninstalled GSX and removed SAManager as well as couatl and all config files. Reinstalled only the SAM. Same thing. As soon as it starts, I get the above message.

Any ideas as to what I can try next?

Thanks

jake
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 11:42:12 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: There is a problem with bglmanx.dll
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 11:43:11 am »
The first thing to try is just restarting Windows, sometimes that error just goes away. And, in any case, keep allowing the module to run, even if FSX says it might not work, always allow it, even if it crashes, try a couple of times and try again after a Windows restart.

If that doesn't fix it, assuming you are sure you installed the most current version (to be sure, download and install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager for FSX), check the following:

- No compatibility mode is enabled for in the Properties->Compatibility tab for FSX.EXE

- The antivirus is configured to ignore the FSX\bglmanx.dll module

- The FSX\bglmanx.dll is not corrupted for some reason (bad download, or antivirus corrupting it). To verify this, you can right click on it, select the "Digital Signature" tab, and check if it's stil valid. If it's not, it means the file has been altered on your system.

JakeEyre

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 05:58:19 pm »
Hi Umberto,

Thanks for the speedy reply. I have checked all of your suggestions.

It gets weird here: just to be sure, I download and installed the latest standalone. Installed it ( virus checker off and exclude all FSX, fsdt files and folders) start FSX I get the error straight away.

I run anyway and FSX starts and the addon and couatl menu item is there, but interestingly, no prompt to trust it (earlier I had chosen to trust all virtuali software) and there seems to be no trust line in my FSX.cfg. I shut FSX down, restart it and no error.

Great, I think it works. Go into Air Hauler, start a flight and it crashes FSX. I start FSX on its own, and the error is there. I ignore it, run FSX. Shut FSX down, run it again, it starts with no error. Run it from AH again FSX crashes. And so on...it just repeats.

I have the proper, latest dll file. I checked its digital signature and it is fine.

Do you think it could be that as I trusted it, it never puts the line in FSX.cfg?
EDIT: there is a line there: D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\bglmanx.dll.qobhbrocboiwwzkwneuahwklzrhqobikueqzaiok=1 but no "do you want to trust this software message" the first time it runs after re-installation - do you think this could be the root of the issue?

I'm stuck, now!

Best

Jake

Sent from the FondleSlab using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 06:29:54 pm by JakeEyre »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 06:41:14 pm »
FSX won't re-ask to trust a module if you already trusted it. You can reset the trust section by removing all lines that contains a reference to a module in the FSX.CFG

As I've said, that error usually goes away if you restart Windows and always allow the module to run, even if it crashes, provided that:

- No compatibility mode is enabled for in the Properties->Compatibility tab for FSX.EXE

- The antivirus is configured to ignore the FSX\bglmanx.dll module

- The FSX\bglmanx.dll is not corrupted for some reason (bad download, or antivirus corrupting it). To verify this, you can right click on it, select the "Digital Signature" tab, and check if it's stil valid. If it's not, it means the file has been altered on your system.

JakeEyre

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2013, 10:32:12 pm »
I sorted it. It was Air Hauler starting in compatibility mode that was causing it. No idea why it only started yesterday and no idea why it only affected bglmanx.dll. I had been running it like that since day 1 of this FSX installation, and had installed the addon manager at the same time. Only after filling up my FSDT scenery list the problems started. Anyway, fixed!

Thank you for your help (and your excellent software)

Best

Jake

Sent from the FondleSlab using Tapatalk