Author Topic: Some issues with KFLL  (Read 7743 times)

D_mitris

Some issues with KFLL
« on: February 15, 2013, 10:06:56 pm »
I decided to buy this scenery since I was already purchasing Vancouver.

I have flown here on two occassions and on each time I am directed to C concourse with the Aerosoft AXE A320.   GSX works fine but when I am parked I am guided too far in and then the jetways do not operate.  Once I back out about 1/4 of the way the jetway operates.  this was gate C7.

2nd issue was  to the NW corner where the traffic is the cars seem to drive straight off the bridges and overpasses and back around again.   I was not sure if this was a fsx or scenery problem since I have not seen this on any other FSDT scenery.   I run my traffic at only 5%.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Some issues with KFLL
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2013, 09:49:31 am »
GSX works fine but when I am parked I am guided too far in and then the jetways do not operate.  Once I back out about 1/4 of the way the jetway operates.  this was gate C7.

Check the AFCAD name listed in the "Customize this airport position" dialog, to be sure the one from FSDT KFLL has been picked up.

2nd issue was  to the NW corner where the traffic is the cars seem to drive straight off the bridges and overpasses and back around again.   I was not sure if this was a fsx or scenery problem since I have not seen this on any other FSDT scenery.   I run my traffic at only 5%.

That's standard FSX car traffic. There's a point were the traffic "loops" and start again, related to the road path in the vector scenery, there's not much to do to fix this problem, especially when there are 3d bridges, other than redoing it as a way more fps-heavy custom animations.

Florida1146

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2013, 02:04:17 am »
Having a similar problem with the jetway at KFLL - not after being parked but when I place the A/C at the airport. I choose my A/C at FSX start-up, then choose the airport and the gate - in this case, I choose KFLL and Gate E3. After clicking on "Fly Now" I'm parked at the selected gate, and if I click on Cntl-J, the jetway activates okay. But when it swings over and deploys the weather cover, it is against the fuselage at least 5-6 feet behind the door. I end up having to go to slew mode and backing the A/C the 5-6 feet so the jetway matches the door. The plane is the PMDG 737NGX, if that makes a difference.

Would this also have to do with the AFCAD being skewed or wrong? I'd like to fix this instead of continually manually adjusting the situation, if possible.
-= Gary =-

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2013, 10:50:02 am »
After clicking on "Fly Now" I'm parked at the selected gate, and if I click on Cntl-J, the jetway activates okay. But when it swings over and deploys the weather cover, it is against the fuselage at least 5-6 feet behind the door.

If the jetways is placed correctly and activates correctly, that simply nothing else the scenery can do, because that indicates the jetway is correctly placed.

After the jetway activates, it's entirely in the hands of FSX, the scenery doesn't have any control on where the actual door is.

Sometime we'll finally replace the FSX jetways animation system with something we can control, but up to then, you'll have to live with its quirks (like the sinking wheels, which is another FSX bug)