Author Topic: Installation failed - unable to download couatl.exe  (Read 4755 times)

Archiehh

Installation failed - unable to download couatl.exe
« on: January 20, 2013, 07:13:21 pm »
Hi Umberto!

I tried to install CYVR on my system. And I've a big problem again to download the couatl.exe from the server. Every setup with a fsdreamteam installer stopps at the same time. When the installer tries to download the latest version of couatl.exe the following message appears: "No internet connection available, press Next to use local bglmanx files". If I do so, the installation will continue but there are no buildings and ground textures in the scenery.

After uninstall the complete CYVR scenery including Addon-Manager and old couatl engine, none of my previous installed fsdreamteam airports works anymore. If I try to reinstall one of them, the setup stopps at the same time the installer tries to download the couatl.exe. A reinstall of the Addon-Manager won't work too.

Anti-Virus software was totally switched off during all these attemps. Is there a possibility to install the couatl.exe manually?

Regards,
Frank

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Installation failed - unable to download couatl.exe
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 08:00:11 pm »
If you got that message, and your internet connection works, it means you have a firewall software that is blocking online access to the installer, so you have to properly configure it to allow online access to the installer, or just turn it off.

In any case, if you download the latest Addon Manager, every single file included in the installer is exactly the same as the files that are online now, so it will surely work even without an internet connection. Never, ever, install something older over something new, it will most likely never work.

CYVR works only with the most current version of the Addon Manager, which is included in its Full 1.1 installer OR in the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager installer.

Archiehh

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 09:44:24 pm »
Hi Umberto,

The Stand-Alone Addon Manager also tries to download the couartl.exe and fails. My firewall is turned off during the setup but I always receive this error message. Is there anything else, what I can do?

Best regards,
Frank

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 09:49:04 pm »
The Stand-Alone Addon Manager also tries to download the couartl.exe and fails. My firewall is turned off during the setup but I always receive this error message. Is there anything else, what I can do?

As I've said, failure to download (because there IS something blocking the download, since the server is up, and there are two mirrors, and they are chosen at random at every start of the installer), it's not a failure at all because, if you continue using local files, as prompted, it would install *exactly* the same Couatl.exe and all other supporting files as if it were online, so it will work just the same.

But you have to DOWNLOAD the current version of the Addon Manager, not use something older which was released before the CYVR 1.1 update.

Archiehh

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 12:45:52 am »
Ok, now I did understand! My fault was, that I thought "local files" are the outdated files on my hard disk. But skipping the download will install the local files that comes with the installer.
After downloading and installing the latest stand-alone Addon Manager (and skipping the download error message) it works now! Thank you.