Author Topic: FSDT Sceneries Can't Find FSX  (Read 4990 times)

iFlysimX

• iFlysimX
FSDT Sceneries Can't Find FSX
« on: January 07, 2013, 01:15:11 am »
Hi All!

I just reinstalled FSX on a new drive and everyting is intalling fine except for the FSDT Sceneries. It say Prepar3D found and thats it. It doesn't install it for FSX. Why? Please help! Thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSDT Sceneries Can't Find FSX
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 01:41:29 am »
It seems there must be a problem with your FSX registry keys, which are not pointing to the correct location. Or, you might used some kind of tool that helps you installing non-Prepar3D compliant products into Prepar3D, so it messed your FSX registry keys, pointing them to the Prepar3D folder.

Try this utility here, to fix your FSX registry:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/65744-fsxfs9-registry-repair-tool/

And don't use such P3D migration utilities, at least not when installing our products, which are fully P3D compliant.

iFlysimX

• iFlysimX
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 03:28:18 am »
My Registries are fine....I do have Prepar3D but no migration tools. Please help. Thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 02:16:18 pm »
My Registries are fine....

If the installer doesn't install into FSX, it means they aren't. Note there are TWO different registry entries for FSX, you might believe they are fine because you might have checked only one of them, start REGEDIT and check the following keys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0

And be sure they BOTH points to the folder where FSX is really installed and if they aren't, fix them with the correct path.

If you did everything right, since you *have* Prepar3D, the installer WILL show "Prepar3D found" anyway but, it's a request to install it there or not. If you say NO (which is the default), they will install into FSX.