Author Topic: CYVR OOM when using PMDG NGX and ORBX PNW  (Read 93347 times)

mug_c

Re: CYVR OOM when using PMDG NGX and ORBX PNW
« Reply #90 on: January 20, 2013, 07:46:27 am »
Just did my first flight in - CYWG to CYVR on vatsim. Orbx PNW, Rex textures, PMDG 737, FSDT Vancouver installed with lowest options, was just above 3.6 on the virtual mem size of fsx - in just under the wire. Fantastic rendition of YVR!

golyaht

« Reply #91 on: January 20, 2013, 09:19:47 am »
Just did my first successful arrival into CYVR! The update resolved my issue(s). Thanks Umberto!

FYI for anybody else... the terrain.dll/atc.dll crashing thing I fixed by setting the following:

1. Excluded the FSX folder from active scanning in my AV
2. Re-stabilized my O/C
3. Prayed.

Loving CYVR... unbeatable FSDT quality at its best.

Andrew737

« Reply #92 on: January 20, 2013, 11:44:07 am »
Just did my first successful arrival into CYVR! The update resolved my issue(s). Thanks Umberto!

FYI for anybody else... the terrain.dll/atc.dll crashing thing I fixed by setting the following:

1. Excluded the FSX folder from active scanning in my AV
2. Re-stabilized my O/C
3. Prayed.

Loving CYVR... unbeatable FSDT quality at its best.

Re number 3 - I'm on it now!!!!!

LOL  ;D
Regards Andrew

windshear

« Reply #93 on: January 20, 2013, 12:34:14 pm »
Can you use DX10 with all non-DX10 compatible airports?

Also it seems none of the prescribed fixes helps against jaffed edges when using DX10
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 01:13:34 pm by windshear »
Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

mug_c

« Reply #94 on: January 20, 2013, 05:49:34 pm »
Does GSX use very much memory when used at yvr? Assume it would depend on which animations are active, but wondering if the impact is significant. Right now, my setup is stable after a long flight in the ngx at a bit over 3.6 gb. (Rex textures, orbx, minimal trafficx). On approach and taxi in, it was close to 3.7, but then came back done again.  Would like to see some of the GSX activity at the airport, but don't want to push the virtual mem much closer to the limit.

Btw, will GSX enable the rear jet bridges at the westjet gates (a1 to a5)?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #95 on: January 20, 2013, 08:02:21 pm »
Does GSX use very much memory when used at yvr?

Not much for the objects, because they are fairly small compared to airport buildings+ground+textures and are only a few around your airplane, and exactly ZERO for its own logic, because it runs entirely inside the Couatl.exe that, being a different .exe, has a separate VAS (up to 4GB for its own usage) not shared with FSX.

windshear

« Reply #96 on: January 20, 2013, 08:04:08 pm »
I also have OOM messages when landing in UK2000s Heathrow using ORBX UK... It's pretty impossible for me to fly into these areas!
Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

Andrew737

« Reply #97 on: January 20, 2013, 08:46:14 pm »
I also have OOM messages when landing in UK2000s Heathrow using ORBX UK... It's pretty impossible for me to fly into these areas!

With regards to Heathrow; do you have other UK2000 London airports active? If so try disabling all except to the one your flying into.
Regards Andrew

windshear

« Reply #98 on: January 22, 2013, 09:39:04 am »
Yes I do have also Gatwick and Manchester. I need to deactivate them? Why? I never had this issue before
Yours truly
Boaz Fraizer
Copenhagen, Denmark

skwaL

« Reply #99 on: January 22, 2013, 02:56:19 pm »
Yea, right after purchasing the CYVR I applied the memory tweak and took off with my flight in hopes of success, those hopes were short lived, on final approach to CYVR my game has crashed. Hopefully lowering settings to 1024 in FSX.cfg will do the trick.

By the way it takes quite a while for the OOM to happen, therefore the demo could have never warned us about it.

Besides DX10 and switching to lower textures, is there a way to avoid the OOM?

Board: Rampage IV
CPU: 3820 @ 5Ghz
Memoery: 16GB Kingston hyper series
GPU: 660Ti

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #100 on: January 22, 2013, 06:46:56 pm »
Yea, right after purchasing the CYVR I applied the memory tweak and took off with my flight in hopes of success, those hopes were short lived, on final approach to CYVR my game has crashed. Hopefully lowering settings to 1024 in FSX.cfg will do the trick.

If, with "memory tweak", you mean setting the texture size options to values lower than 4096 (the previous 1.0 default) in the 1.1 CYVR installer, if you are still getting OOM after that, there's something else you are running which is really eating all your memory, since CYVR with lower settings (such a 2048 for ground and 1024 for dynamic shadows) takes about the same memory as KLAX.

By the way it takes quite a while for the OOM to happen, therefore the demo could have never warned us about it.

Since the OOM is not CAUSED by CYVR, the demo surely doesn't know if you are going to have an OOM after it has expired.

I'm sorry, but the OOM problem, which was NEVER a problem with CYVR, is entirely fixed now. Not because there was something to fix or the scenery had anything "wrong" in the first place, but because you now have the ability with the installer to make CYVR a bit smaller, to make more space for other add-ons you use.

What causes an OOM is the TOTAL amount of things installed, it's never a single add-on, there's nothing else add-ons can do, other than giving you OPTIONS to lower their footprint, which is exactly what the 1.1 installer does.

skwaL

« Reply #101 on: January 22, 2013, 07:31:35 pm »
No, I used the microsoft fix (kosta's) for the memory tweak. I will see which textures I have set for CYVR.

Thanks for the help, I'll keep you posted on my progress of eliminating OOM.

Sorry just to clarify to set textures lower, I will have to reinstall CYVR?

Andrew737

« Reply #102 on: January 22, 2013, 09:38:40 pm »
Yes I do have also Gatwick and Manchester. I need to deactivate them? Why? I never had this issue before

In London I think that heathrow and gatwick are both loaded even though you are only at 1 of the airports, Manchester shouldn't be an issue.

Try it - nothing to lose
Regards Andrew

skwaL

« Reply #103 on: January 24, 2013, 04:36:46 am »
So I am still getting OOM fix , when looked into Processes my FSX was using ~3000M at the time of the crash. here is the list of things I have done.

Lowered my Texture size to 1024.
Applied HIGHMEMFIX
Applied the registry fix.
Lowered everything to medium settings.

Any more suggestions?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #104 on: January 24, 2013, 12:50:35 pm »
So I am still getting OOM fix , when looked into Processes my FSX was using ~3000M at the time of the crash. here is the list of things I have done.

Are you referring to CYVR or UK2000 airports ? I can only repeat and confirm that, with textures all at 1024, CYVR takes LESS memory than KLAX so, it's fairly obvious your memory is being used by something else.