Author Topic: Parking Issues LAX  (Read 5250 times)

braced

Parking Issues LAX
« on: December 27, 2012, 10:28:20 pm »
I've got most of your scenery installed and LAX is giving me problems. There are only 4 parking spaces available when I activate the GSX window (Ctrl+F12). There are obviously many more spaces at LAX to park in. The scenery has worked fine for many months then all of a sudden only 4 spaces and GSX won't recognize my plane parked anywhere else. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling still same result. Any solutions? Had this issue with several other scenery's from FSDT and reinstalling always fixed the issue. This time I'm asking for some help/suggestions to fix this issue once and for all.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Parking Issues LAX
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 10:34:55 pm »
Have you changed/renamed the AFCAD that comes with the scenery ? Have you added another scenery for that area ?

You can check what AFCAD is being used by GSX, by going into the parking customization editor, and read the AFCAD name.

braced

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 11:08:04 pm »
Yes I have. I added a parking spot in front of Singapore Airlines Cargo using Airport Design Editor. I also modified the runway landing options so the default runways are 24 L&R, 25 L&R as it is in real life. LAX almost NEVER lands or takes off to the east. I have also modified the LAS scenery to reflect real time flows with no effects on your scenery/GSX options. So I guess I'm confused as to why LAX all of a sudden stopped working as it has for many months? The only update I ran was your new addon manager.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 11:38:21 pm »
If you just changed runways and added a parking spot without removing the existing ones, it shouldn't affect GSX customization, provided you keep the same name, otherwise you'll entirely lose GSX customization, which in KLAX is fairly complex, since it uses custom pushback routes, custom parking groups, etc.

As I've said, you can check what AFCAD is being used by GSX, by going into the parking customization editor, and read the AFCAD name.

The only update I ran was your new addon manager.

The Addon Manager would probably restored the original AFCAD as it came with the scenery. This means, if you were working on a renamed file, you know have two AFCAD, which means a conflict that will likely cause issues. If, instead, your file had the same name as the one that comes with KLAX, the Addon Manager restored the original one and renamed yours as a .BAK file, making it inactive so, it should have FIXED this issue.

braced

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2012, 11:46:54 pm »
Well that's good info to know! Thanks for your quick response! I will work on this issue and see if I can't get it to work with my slight modifications to the AFCAD file. It was renamed and added to the "Add On scenery" file and is listed above your LAX scenery in the scenery library. If I were to rename my modified AFCAD to the same name as your original LAX AFCAD and run it under that name, would that resolve the issue? Or if I just replace yours with mine using the same named file? Any thoughts on that? I just wanted to make it better and add a parking spot for my PMDG Singapore 747F in the proper location. I'm very happy with your scenery! It's as if I'm there! And as a real pilot, I'm in LAX a lot! Thanks again for your responses!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2012, 11:52:32 pm »
If I were to rename my modified AFCAD to the same name as your original LAX AFCAD and run it under that name, would that resolve the issue?

Most likely, and I believe if you leave it in the Addon Scenery folder, on an higher priority, it will be active and won't be touched by the Addon Manager installer, which will only restore files into the fsdreamteam\KLAX_V2\scenery folder.

braced

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2012, 12:38:41 am »
Well I did as you suggested and it seems to be working! The exception is when I go to the cargo area, parking spot 220 (one that is by you) it gives me an error message when I try to use the push back option in GSX. My new parking spot right next to spot 220 shows up now as well. I didn't try to use GSX in that spot yet. The push back worked in the regular gates at LAX. I did track down the error message file. I would attach it here for you to see but I can't open it nor attach it to this thread. I'm making progress here! 

braced

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2012, 01:51:33 am »
I got it to work about half the time. It keeps reverting back to only 4 parking places. I restart Couati and sometimes it resets and works as it should, other times it doesn't give me ground service options. Very frustrating! I even uninstalled GSX and reinstalled. That seemed to work for awhile then for no apparent reason it reverts back to 4 parking spaces and no ground options.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2012, 10:28:01 am »
Does it work with the AFCAD as originally supplied with KLAX and no other AFCAD active ?