Author Topic: Just a Question,  (Read 5544 times)

cdleo22

Just a Question,
« on: July 09, 2008, 06:31:07 am »
I have FSDT Chicago O hare  and absolutely love it. They truly did a great design job and it is well executed. My ? is why is Blueprint wanting to do an airport that is already greatly done and is even AES Capable. They have some nice stuff and I am not knocking them and I hope no one takes it the wrong way. I think they should go with something else. Would love to hear answers..

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Just a Question,
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 01:17:23 pm »
Well, this should really be a question for them, which is quite difficult to begin with, considering they don't have a forum.

I don't have any idea of their motivations, if someone announced any scenery and is realistically close to release (meaning, not simply put the scenery in a to-do list that might never be completed), we'd consider that one as off limits.

Sometimes there is some communication between developers in order not to do the same thing. We surely talk with FlyTampa and Aerosoft about their/our upcoming projects, even if sometimes funny things happens, like in the case Hong Kong: we knew for a long time that FlyTampa was working on that one, but since they only told us "we are doing Hong Kong", we were convinced it was the other one...

But, apart for these mishaps, which might happen and could be even funny (in this case,  no harm was done, since we weren't working in that area), I think that generally speaking, with the current market situation, which is already difficult cause the splitted market between FS9 and FSX, redoing a recently released scenery is a very bad idea, which doesn't make much sense. We try to be very careful with our choices, KORD, and then KJFK and KDFW were choosen because the last payware offerings were quite old, with a different sim, different technologies, different hardware and different user expectations.

kyle joseph

• American Airlines 767-200
    • KJ762AA
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 10:51:14 pm »
well, following up on this post, I emailed them the question and they replied to me... at first I really didn't care about the email or the company now I have some harsh words to say about  a company producing such garbage for the fs community
Dear Sir,

The reason we have chosen to develop KORD is that we like the airport.
Making well over 100000 US$ a year, we can afford to chose any airport we
damn chose.  And, by the way, the fact that your favorite is AES
compatible means absolutely NOTHING to me!  If I needed your business, I
would care about this kind of e-mails.  Fortunately, I do not!

Thank you,

BluePrint Simulations

while the original message within this post was deleted,
 the quoted material is an answer to the question and subject of this post
and furthermore shows the extremeties of gross human behavior and for that reason will not be moved
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 02:49:24 am by kyle joseph »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 11:44:24 pm »
While we certainly like to hear your appreciation for our work, I kindly ask everyone not to bash another developer on this forum.

We never had any quarrels with Blueprint, and I always thought that letting own users attacking other developers on a forum, is not very professional, that's why I would like to point out that the expressed opinions about Blueprint, are yours and yours only, we certainly don't endorse it.

I ask everyone to oblige to this very simple rule: do not attack/bash any other developers here.

thepilot

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 11:46:15 pm »
Wow!!! You would expect that kind of response if you were the most arrogant and at the same time best developer for Flight Simulator. But who the F is blueprint. They are charging people for crap that's worse than freeware, with their cartoonish retarded textures. And they be making 100 G's in their real jobs but nobody buys their crap so I'm sure it's not from FS sales.

right...
they also want to do CYYZ although the scenery from the Avsim library is light-years better than any of the crap (there's no other expression for it) they produced till now.
I'm seriously thinking about learning how to use gmax in order to create some bs sceneries and make 100.000$ a year, lol  8)

_Dre_

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 05:59:43 am »
While we certainly like to hear your appreciation for our work, I kindly ask everyone not to bash another developer on this forum.

We never had any quarrels with Blueprint, and I always thought that letting own users attacking other developers on a forum, is not very professional, that's why I would like to point out that the expressed opinions about Blueprint, are yours and yours only, we certainly don't endorse it.

I ask everyone to oblige to this very simple rule: do not attack/bash any other developers here.

My apologies. What was said was said in anger (I should know better), and I'll abide by the forum rules. Post will be removed.
Andre-FS9
AES Super User.