Author Topic: No buildings show up  (Read 7485 times)

IndependenceFAN

No buildings show up
« on: July 04, 2008, 08:36:41 am »
Hey everyone. Today I just reinstalled FSX, followed by SP1 and 2 immediately.  When I installed O'hare, no buildings showed up (after a restart before i tested it).  So, I went online for SP1 and downloaded that.  Still, no buildings.  I think i might have to activate a key or something to use it. I have my receipt and information, but I just don't really know what to do.  I have looked through these forums, and I didn't see anything.

Razgriz

Re: No buildings show up
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2008, 05:10:28 pm »
You need the Standalone Addon Manger.

FSX Version Here

FS9 Version Here

IndependenceFAN

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2008, 05:30:05 pm »
Yeah, I tried that last night but I can't see it in FSX.

I think in the previous instillation, the microsoft security thing came up that asked me if it was trusted or not before it got to the main FSX screen, and i clicked no eventually because I was not using O'hare.

So that might have something to do with it? Like maybe it's in a "blocked" secure part of my computer?
I don't know, I'm just trying to think of reasons.  :-\

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2008, 11:02:39 pm »
I think in the previous instillation, the microsoft security thing came up that asked me if it was trusted or not before it got to the main FSX screen, and i clicked no eventually because I was not using O'hare.

That was the error. The trust request only comes once, after having installed the product the first time, but it doesn't get repeated, unless the product is updated again. So, you need to trust it the first time, and you need to trust it twice, once from the Windows dialog (the one with the Yellow shield), and then from the FSX dialog (the one in FSX style). To have the program running, you need to reply Yes to BOTH trust questions, expecially the first one, becuase it doesn't get repeated until the software is updated, so Windows detects the module has changed, and it will ask the security question again.

To make Windows "forget" about the fact you haven't trusted the current version and aks again, you should do the following:

- open your FSX.CFG at %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX with Notepad or any other pure text editor

- find ALL lines in that file containing bglmanx.dll, and remove the whole line

- save the file and relaunch FSX again, it should present the yellow shield with the security question. Reply Yes, then reply Yes to the second question made by FSX.

- Check if there's an "Addon Manager" sub menu under the "Addons" menu, everything should work now. If not, try exiting FSX, and relaunchin without doing anything else. Sometimes FSX doesn't load a module the first time after it has been trusted.

IndependenceFAN

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2008, 05:41:16 pm »
Ok, I tried what you said, and removed EVERY line in the FSX.cfg, and when I ran FSX, nothing happened.  I looked for the menu, and it didn't appear like it use to. (I tried over and over again).   And whenever i was done running FSX and went back to the .cfg,  the bglmanx.dll came back!   It was really weird.

Maybe it is blocked somewhere else? (Because since I just made a clean instillation, that already placed my whole .cfg because I didn't choose to save any files because i wanted a clean start.)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2008, 09:01:11 pm »
Maybe it is blocked somewhere else? (Because since I just made a clean instillation, that already placed my whole .cfg because I didn't choose to save any files because i wanted a clean start.)

It looks like the fact you didn't trusted the program initially, was instead recorded in Windows, and there's nothing in FSX you can do to make the request appearing again. Allow me some time to do some research to know how fix the issue in Windows. Which version are you using ? This is usually very different from XP to Vista.

IndependenceFAN

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2008, 08:27:50 pm »
I am using XP, and thank you so much for your time.

IndependenceFAN

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2008, 01:22:12 am »
ok so i'm guessing there's nothing i can do...and i can never use O'Hare on my computer?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2008, 10:49:01 am »
Have you tried downloading the Stand-Alone installer again, and run it now ? Because, the new installer always takes the newest version from the internet so, if we have updated it since the last time you tried, Windows will ask again to trust it (this time, please, reply "yes" to *both* requests).

Also, don't worry if it doesn't show up the first time you launch FSX. It's a known bug that sometimes, on the first launch after trusting a module, it will not run. Just cleanly exit FSX and re-launching again.