Author Topic: No ground markings  (Read 5240 times)

willywonka

No ground markings
« on: November 15, 2012, 11:46:18 pm »
It's not a demo mode (I think) since all buildings and objects exist.

http://i.imgur.com/dITXW.jpg
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 11:44:48 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No ground markings
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 11:46:33 am »
Nope, Trial mode (after 5-6 minutes) will act differently: every building will disappear, leaving only the ground and jetways so no, it's no an activation problem.

Check you are using the most current version of the scenery, if not sure, download it again.

Also be sure of the following:

- No "Compatibility" mode should be enabled for FSX.EXE, if you use Vista or Windows 7. Right-click on FSX.EXE, select "Properties", select the  "Compatibility" tab and be sure *everything* in that page is turned OFF

- Be sure you don't use "Transparency Antialiasing" ( also known as "AAA Adaptive Antialiasing" on ATI cards ) enabled. This is suggested on the KDFW manual too.

willywonka

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 04:45:55 pm »
Ok I'll try out those suggestions next time. Thanks.

ianj844

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 05:42:06 pm »
Hi,
I am also having this problem except only in any of the cockpit views of the aircraft (PMDG 737-800) all other views i have the taxi lines. In the cockpit views i seem to have the shadows but not the lines.   

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 06:00:23 pm »
I am also having this problem except only in any of the cockpit views of the aircraft (PMDG 737-800) all other views i have the taxi lines. In the cockpit views i seem to have the shadows but not the lines.   

From our description, your problem doesn't seem to be same, the original poster showed an entire ground section missing, you are saying you missin only the taxi lines.

If this is the case, that's just the LOD optimization, and it's possible you use a too wide zoom setting, try to zoom in a bit and see if the lines reappear.

ianj844

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2012, 06:17:35 pm »
hi again it is the vc of all aircraft i have tried zooming out all they still does not help

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2012, 06:53:25 pm »
hi again it is the vc of all aircraft i have tried zooming out all they still does not help

I've said you need to zoom in, not out.