Author Topic: Water Effect  (Read 8784 times)

ibesemer

Water Effect
« on: November 12, 2012, 06:59:25 pm »
Hi I just got this. I love it, great FPS. One thing when it is raining I get a effect that makes everything look wet, the problem is that only about 2/3 of the airport gets this effect. Thanks
Ian Besemer

meshman

Re: Water Effect
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 04:00:35 pm »
Do you think flying 300+ knots at low level over a highly detailed airport scenery might task the game a little more than would be anticipated?

What's it do if you use the scenery in a more normal manner?

ibesemer

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 05:37:21 am »
It's the same. I used the trike to look at it.

NMahinK

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 05:08:45 pm »
I have the same problem with the rain as well.

ibesemer

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2012, 10:41:18 pm »
Anyone?

ibesemer

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2012, 03:35:19 am »
Can someone please help from FSDT. This is pissing me off that the customer service sucks here.

NMahinK

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2012, 09:11:05 am »
Can someone please help from FSDT. This is pissing me off that the customer service sucks here.

I think this should sort of help.

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=4900.0

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2012, 01:29:09 pm »

You are obviously new here (as your post count suggests), and that explains why you posted such nonsense, since everybody knows how customers service here is so much better than anywhere else, so you might be somewhat excused.

We'll obviously have a look at this, it's just that this weekend there's a bit of frenzy because of the sale (lots of people make mistakes, forget to insert coupons, orders twice, order products they already had by mistake, etc, and we have to reply to each one) and it's a weekend too.

But the problem will be looked at.

ibesemer

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2012, 05:24:13 pm »
Reason why I am mad, I posted this on the 12th that was two weeks ago, I got no response back for that long. This is supposed to be the best support around? How come it took two weeks to get a response back?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2012, 05:48:24 pm »
Reason why I am mad, I posted this on the 12th that was two weeks ago, I got no response back for that long. This is supposed to be the best support around? How come it took two weeks to get a response back?

My post count (over 11300 posts), should be indicate quite clearly the effort spent to support but it also means one single post might have been slipped by, which of course doesn't mean you should assume this is an indication of the "level of support" but, as I've said, since you seems to be new here, you are somewhat excused.

In any case, as you can see in my screenshot, there's a discontinuity in the ground colors, which is created by the fact the scenery is made in tiles AND you had fog set it but, the "Water Effect" which was what you were referring to and this it subject title, is clearly visible in both areas so no, it's not that the water effects stops or affects only part of the airport so, it's not really a problem of the scenery.

Please, confirm you are seeing the same as in my screenshot, because if you are not, the problem must be caused by something else you installed.

ibesemer

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2012, 06:34:22 pm »
Yes this is what I see, Sorry about snapping, but after two weeks I get mad.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2012, 09:03:41 pm »
Yes this is what I see, Sorry about snapping, but after two weeks I get mad.

Maybe this is what you see, but you wrote the Water effect ended up on the threshold line, but this is not what's happening. As you can see in my screenshot, even if there is a change in colors over the tile boundary, the water effect is visible on both sides.

ibesemer

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2012, 02:39:15 am »
Ok, why is there a change in colors?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2012, 11:10:51 am »
Ok, why is there a change in colors?

That was already explained in my previous message, and even in the thread which was pointed out to you by another user, the scenery is made in tiles and, when there is fog, the interaction between the fog shader and the ground shaders makes the tile boundary more visible.

ibesemer

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2012, 12:09:55 am »
Ok, thanks