Author Topic: No runwaymarkings  (Read 6023 times)

Glaudrung

No runwaymarkings
« on: October 20, 2012, 09:44:57 pm »
Good evening,

I did a complete reinstall of both my OS and FSX.
Starting with a clean install of FSX I tried to instaal KLAX v2 tonight.

Installing the software went alright. I tried to activate the scenery with the serialnumber I found on my receipt.
As far as I can see, the activation did succeed but there are no runway/taxiway markings anywhere on the airport.
There are no taxilines either....
Is there anyone who can shed some light on this?

Luc Brusselmans
Belgium

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No runwaymarkings
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 04:24:56 pm »
So you have *everything* visible (buildings, ground textures) except runway and taxilines markings ? Are you using a very wide zoom setting maybe ? Try to set the zoom level at 0.70, and see if they reappear. The 0.70 zoom is usually the most realistic one, so we tend to optimize the scenery around this.

Glaudrung

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 06:27:38 pm »
Umberto,

That is right.
Everything is showing except for the markings and lines.
As for a wideview, I use .60 as default but changing it to .70 doesn't solve the problem.

Luc Brusselmans
Belgium

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2012, 09:21:20 pm »
Everything is showing except for the markings and lines.
As for a wideview, I use .60 as default but changing it to .70 doesn't solve the problem.

Well, have you tried changing to 1.00 ? And checking other locations ?

If they still don't appear, then it's surely a problem with your video card settings. In the KLAX manual, the "Design notes" section has some indication on graphic settings. Check you don't have the "Transparency Antialiasing" feature enabled (also called "AAA" on ATI cards), because that causes objects disappearing at random.

Glaudrung

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 08:42:51 am »
Good morning Umberto,

Thanks for looking onto the matter.

So far, I haven't been very successful.
I cannot try version 1.0 because I don't have that installer anymore. I removed it after I downloaded version 1.1 from the website.
Both versions 1.1 and 1.3 did show the same problems. And KLAX is at the moment the only airport affected.
But to be honest, I haven't installed a lot of addon's sofar after this clean install. (only two airports at the moment)
Later today, I can do a redownload from the website (which version is this at the moment ?) a make a fresh install. See if that helps.

Luc Brusselmans
Belgium

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2012, 09:13:18 am »
I cannot try version 1.0 because I don't have that installer anymore. I removed it after I downloaded version 1.1 from the website.

I wasn't referring to KLAX version 1.00 but to the 1.00 ZOOM setting (we were discussing about the zoom...), does the problem goes away increasing the zoom from 0.70 to 1.00 and does it happen everywhere in the airport ?

Both versions 1.1 and 1.3 did show the same problems. And KLAX is at the moment the only airport affected.

The problem is not KLAX (unless markings reappear at Zoom 1.00), it's a likely a problem of your video settings. As I've said in my previous message, in the KLAX manual, the "Design notes" section has some indication on graphic settings. Check you don't have the "Transparency Antialiasing" feature enabled (also called "AAA" on ATI cards), because that causes objects disappearing at random. Have you tried it ?

Anders Bermann

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2012, 04:45:31 pm »
Hmm... I had a similar problem with KLAX...
I installed KLAX first, and then KSFO (from FlightBeam). After which, I saw a similar problem...
I was able to solve it, by downloading and installing the latest Standalone Addon Manager.

Just saying... maybe it'll help? :)
Best regards, Anders

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2012, 05:37:50 pm »
I was able to solve it, by downloading and installing the latest Standalone Addon Manager.

No, you probably had a different problem, missing ALL ground hi-res textures and yes, THAT could be fixed by the updated Addon Manager, because we move the responsibility to draw them from the Addon Manager to Couatl at a certain point so your fix was explainable.

But ONLY markings no, it can't be caused by the Addon Manager, also because the OP said he just installed KLAX, so he already has the most current version of the Addon Manager, since it's always downloaded online automatically.

Glaudrung

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2012, 10:45:27 am »
hello again,

sorry for my absence the last few days...
But I am back with some good news fo a change.
First of all the zoomfactor didn't have any impact on the problem. Zoomin or out didn't produce the lines or markings.
But the problem is solved by downloading the latest version of the software.
My original download was indeed version 1.1 and I did install the updates. What I didn't realise was that the latest version is v1.4... After I did a fresh install with that file, all was well.

thanks anyway for the assistance in this.

Luc Brusselmans
Belgium