Author Topic: I Can't Register My Products  (Read 9835 times)

signmanbob

I Can't Register My Products
« on: October 18, 2012, 07:46:13 am »
I start the "Addon Manager" while parked at KLAX and select "Register", then the Addon Manager just disappears.  How can I register all of my FSDreamTeam airports?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: I Can't Register My Products
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 09:11:48 am »
The Addon Manager doesn't disappear, it's possible the dialog that asks for the Serial Number has been moved behind the FSX main window, because you have installed another product that "steals" the Window focus by trying to be always on top of FSX, so other dialogs are put behind.

Either quit from that addon before trying to register, or try to bring back the serial number dialog by pressing CTRL+TAB keys.

signmanbob

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 01:12:37 am »
Hello Umberto,
The problem with my Addon Manager was interferrence from my anti-virus.  I followed your instructions from another post and that worked.  The Addon Manager is working now.

More important, I have sent you a new email with my purchase receipt for the three airports that are not activating.  I got your email where you told me that you re-activated the serial keys, but they are not activated and I'm still getting the error: "eSellerate Error 25001 Serial Number not found"
Please re-activate my airports that I purchased.

I appreciate your help in getting these airports working on my computer. Now I know and next time I will de-activate them before I change computers.  I don't understand why only some of them are giving me problems with the activation, when I handled all of my FSDT airports the same way.

Thank you,
Bob
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 07:19:20 am by signmanbob »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2012, 04:16:24 pm »
More important, I have sent you a new email with my purchase receipt for the three airports that are not activating.  I got your email where you told me that you re-activated the serial keys, but they are not activated and I'm still getting the error: "eSellerate Error 25001 Serial Number not found" Please re-activate my airports that I purchased.

That message doesn't mean you have a reactivation problem. If you used too many reactivation, the error will be different and will clearly said so.

If you get a "Serial Number not found" error, it simply means you typed it wrong. Most common mistakes are confusing the letter "O" with the number "0" and vice-versa, changing the case from upper/lower case (it's usually all upper-case), not inserting hyphens or simply inserting the correct serial, but with another product selected for activation.

signmanbob

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2012, 05:57:08 pm »
Hello Umberto,
I am copy/pasting the serial number from the receipt that I downloaded from my account as a .pdf from Digital River.  I am not typing the serial numbers into the registration box.  My serial numbers are not working for these three airports only, every time I try to activate them.
I have all of your airports and the others work fine, so my chances of repeatedly making the same mistake as I copy/paste the serial numbers on these three particular airports would be very small.
Please check these three serial numbers for me, to be sure they are active.
The complete message says: "eSellerate ERROR - 25001 Serial Number not found, you probably just placed the order please wait at least 15 minutes to update servers."
The most recent of these three purchases was done about a year ago, so waiting 15 minutes will not accomplish anything.
What can I do to get these airports that I purchased from you working?
If you have to, give me credit on these three airports so I can repurchase them and get new serial numbers that work.
In all the years I have been buying payware addon products for MSFS, I have never ran across anything like this.

Thank you,
Bob
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 06:16:27 pm by signmanbob »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2012, 09:36:43 pm »
I am copy/pasting the serial number from the receipt that I downloaded from my account as a .pdf from Digital River.

Copying & pasting ESPECIALLY from a .PDF, might not work as expected, because it's possible there are hidden characters in a .PDF file that might get copied even if you don't see them.

In fact, checking the failed activation log on the server, I can see all your failed attempts (they come from the same IP number you are posting from so, I guess it's you...) and all of them have extra spaces between numbers, which makes of course the serial incorrect, and are a result of copying & pasting from the .PDF.

I'm sure if you type the serials manually, they'll work.

signmanbob

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2012, 11:08:20 pm »
I'll try that Umberto.  I'm sorry to be so much trouble, but I have never had this happen to me before.  I will try to put the number in manually and let you know how I do.

Thank you,
Bob

signmanbob

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2012, 03:24:33 am »
Hello Umberto,
You are absolutely right.  I opened the .pdf invoices and copy/pasted the serial numbers into "Notepad" and sure enough, you could see all the spaces that were added from the .pdf file.  The KLAX serial number even had two spaces!  No wonder they didn't activate.
Thank you so much for your help, and I'm really sorry for all the trouble, but I sure learned something here.  At least it won't happen with me again.  That means you only have to go through this with your other 999,999 customers.  ;D

Thank you,
Bob

Cden46

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2012, 09:11:46 am »
i cant seem to register my KLAX and KJFK  which i purchase i was in windows mode but when i went to Virtuali and clicked registerd serial it just disappeared please help some of my other sceneries say active and are working except for the two i mention thanks my email is cden46@hotmail.com

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2012, 02:58:29 pm »
As explained in many other threads, if you don't see the Register Serial dialog, it's possible ANOTHER addon is "stealing" the windows focus, so the dialog is now behind the FSX main Window.

Try to use Alt+Tab to bring the Registration dialog in front.