Author Topic: Bglmanx.dll Causing Crash **SOLVED**  (Read 12543 times)

deltafan311

Bglmanx.dll Causing Crash **SOLVED**
« on: September 06, 2012, 09:49:07 pm »
So i know you guys have this problem alot because i have searched this problem and done everything you guys have said to do.... I'm having this error on start up ' "Flight Simulator has detected a problem with a third-party software program (addon)
Name : Bglmanx Dynamic Link Library
Version : 2,4,0,1" So i click yes every time and i get a Crash.... I have replaced the .dlls with the ones on the website i have re installed FSX and uninstalled my antivirus and it still hasn't worked.... My whole FSX folder has Admin rights. I have downoaded the Stand Alone Add on Manager... Is there anything else.. I have bought alot from you.. LAX LAS HNL GSX JFK FLL and Cloud9 MCO.., This happend after i installed FlightBeam PHX. But then i reinstalled FSX and it still does not work..... Please Help
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 07:18:15 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Bglmanx.dll Causing Crash
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2012, 10:28:17 pm »
This has been discussed many times, and it's not a problem of the product, it's an FSX bug that sometimes happens randomly with every module from any publisher, especially after the first time it runs. People believes it's a problem with bglmanx.dll, only because we update it more often than other modules, but it's an FSX problem which can happen with any module that is being trusted after it's being updated.

Check all the following:

- You don't have any "compatibility mode" for FSX.EXE enabled. Right-click on FSX.EXE, select "Properties", select "Compatibility" and be sure nothing is checked on that page, which is how FSX defaults to.

- Try a Windows reboot. Launch FSX again, ALLOW the module to run, even if FSX says it might cause problems, and even if FSX crashes. Try a couple of times, and if it doesn't work, reboot Windows again and try again.

- Be ABSOLUTELY sure that you configured your antivirus correctly, to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe

deltafan311

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2012, 11:07:14 pm »
I have tried all that and i have clicked yes probably 20 times in a row and kept crashing.. Even after Reinstall... i Dont have Antivirus right now because i was trying to see if that was the case but i did exclude the files... The compatibility mode is unchecked and i run as Admin..
 Win7 X64

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2012, 11:36:00 pm »
I have tried all that and i have clicked yes probably 20 times in a row and kept crashing...

After 2-3 times, you should try a Windows reboot. Then try again 2-3 times.

Even after Reinstall...

This problem doesn't have anything to do with the installation, as I've said, it's related to a newly trusted module that has been updated.

To clean the trust section and having FSX asking to trust the module again, do this:

- Uninstall GSX. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions. THIS IS IMPORTANT. Reply YES to BOTH questions.

- Reinstall GSX (using the full installer in this case) and try again launching FSX, possibly after a Windows reboot (as before)

deltafan311

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2012, 12:25:12 am »
Just tried that and still does not work  :-\... loosing hope.. I dont know what to do because i love all of your products and are very fun to use

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2012, 01:12:17 am »

deltafan311

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2012, 02:04:59 am »
That didnt work.. Anything Else? This really sucks :-\

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2012, 11:43:09 am »
Try to create a new user account and install into that one.

If that doesn't work, we have exhausted all the known solutions and you'll likely have to Repair your FSX install, and if that doesn't work too, reinstall Windows.

Graziani

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2012, 12:23:55 am »
I have the same issue but I cannot agree with your solution.
I have the FSX installed more than 2 years.. .without any error..and many addons : PMDG, EZDOK, REX Essential, AES...etc...
Now I got this error without any solution or fix.
I payed for this addon.. and  If this doesn´t work (not just for me).. You need to provide us a solution.
Not as a just and simple solution..reinstall your Windows... come on.. I have more than 500GB in application and softwares without a problem and you are suggest me that I should reinstall everything ?
Only your product doesn´t works. Please provide us a solution asap. Maybe cut the bglmanx until you fix the issue and really knows about what´s happening.
Could you assure 100% that If I reinstall all my applications (I will spend 1 week to put at same level as today) that it will work ?
Please, take your time and provide a really solution.
It will be better for everyone !
Regards
Mauricio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2012, 10:32:06 am »
I have the same issue but I cannot agree with your solution.

The solution is correct, whether you agree on it or not, doesn't change the fact that it's your system that has a problem, which is CAUSING bglmanx.dll to crash (not the other way around)

Now I got this error without any solution or fix.

Many solution has been indicated, and they always fix the problem in the end.

I payed for this addon.. and  If this doesn´t work (not just for me).. You need to provide us a solution.

The addon obviously works, if it didn't, it didn't for everyone. If you *really* tried all the different solution which HAS been given, and they all failed to fix this, and the only solution is to reinstall Windows (have you tried the "Repair FSX" solution ? ), and this WILL fix the issue, it will only further prove the problem was with Windows in the first place.

Not as a just and simple solution..reinstall your Windows... come on.. I have more than 500GB in application and softwares without a problem and you are suggest me that I should reinstall everything ?

Usually not, most of the times the problem is fixed with the other solutions posted, and there's still the option to REPAIR the FSX installation, which doesn't require reinstalling any addons.

Only your product doesn´t works.

Of the products YOU have installed, on YOUR system.

Maybe cut the bglmanx until you fix the issue and really knows about what´s happening.

Nothing works without it, and we know what's happening: something in your system has gone wrong so, "cutting" bglmanx.dll won't fix this, because the issue is not caused by it.

Could you assure 100% that If I reinstall all my applications (I will spend 1 week to put at same level as today) that it will work ?

Never said you have to reinstall all your applications, you can first try to Repair the FSX installation, or the SP2 (or Acceleration) installation.

Something that might be tried, which will finally prove the problem was in your Windows install, is testing slightly different versions of the bglmanx.dll, which are compiled using different versions of the VC++ 2005 runtime library. We use the one that comes with FSX SP2 BUT, if you have issues with it, usually because ANOTHER product has corrupted it (there was a known bug which resulted in corruption of the 2005 VC++ runtimes if one had the 2008 runtimes, used by PMDG, installed at the same time).

Try this, download the following file:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/download/setup/bglmanx/4053/bglmanx.dll
and put it into the FSX root folder, overwriting the one that is already there and try if it works.

If it doesn't, try with this one instead:
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/download/setup/bglmanx/6195/bglmanx.dll

If one of these files works, then it's SURE your system had a corrupted version of the VC++ libraries, which the MS installers weren't able to fix.

Graziani

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2012, 12:34:19 am »
Try this, download the following file:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/download/setup/bglmanx/4053/bglmanx.dll
and put it into the FSX root folder, overwriting the one that is already there and try if it works.

If it doesn't, try with this one instead:
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/download/setup/bglmanx/6195/bglmanx.dll

If one of these files works, then it's SURE your system had a corrupted version of the VC++ libraries, which the MS installers weren't able to fix.
Hello Umberto
Thanks for your great support.
I follow your instructions.  It is fixed now.
thank you
Mauricio Graziani

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2012, 10:43:48 am »
I follow your instructions.  It is fixed now.
thank you

That clearly proves the problem was your Visual C++ libraries that were corrupted (a specific version of them was, there might be several versions installed at the same time, this normal), since the other version of the .dll were compiled using a different release of the runtimes.

Could you tell me WHICH one you installed that fixed the problem ?

Sam

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2012, 02:02:04 pm »
Hello,
I've just done a fresh install of Fsx, after having updated the motherboard and processor, still using windows XP... everything was going fine, installed a few of the addons i have and then I started on the FSDT, with PHNL as the starting point.. did the installation, started up Fsx to see if things were ok, loaded the flight 100% then screen went black with nothing happening, couldn't do anything apart from force quit, now at this point the PHNL installation i just finished didn't arouse any suspicions, i presumed, like from past experiences with Fs9 it could be a problem with some traffic, or landclass or Afcad even a scenery or fsx .cfg gone funny... but none of that, tried everything, then i remembered at one point i had a problem with a dll in Fs9, and had to replace it, so i took out foreign dlls, then when the bglmanx files went, i got a result... but then what was left of the airport obviously wasnt so much to look at! i have now come across this forum post, so i tried both "other" versions of the .dll posted above and didn't have any joy, also i tried installing KLAX on top of PHNL, incase that somehow managed to help, but still nothing, now, im off to uninstall any microsoft Runtime files that i can find in the Add / Remove programs, then i think i try after to say install KLAX (as i see it has the runtime included in the package, or maybe someone has a link to the source for which libraries are required) im sure here i shouldn't need to reinstall Fs as it is only FSDT products that seem to be affected, I will say something here as to whether i have any luck..

saludos

Sam

P.s. I just realized ive posted this in the GSX forum (I currently dont have this software, but whats discussed on this forum is the nearest to the problem I have that i can find, hope thats ok..)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 02:12:27 pm by Sam »

Sam

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2012, 04:43:06 pm »
Ok, great, everything working good now, I don`t how many *C++ runtimes ive uninstalled, 2010, 2008, 2005.. whatever... just hope nothing else is affected that required any of the original versions that were there, but Fs is working now and thats whats important!

thanks!