Author Topic: GSX Upgrade Idea  (Read 4512 times)

Israelponte

GSX Upgrade Idea
« on: August 20, 2012, 05:24:57 am »
Hi GSX developers...

First of all I have to say that GSX is the best addon I've ever bought! It's not like a scenery that you use sometimes. It's even more than an aircraft! I use it EVERYTIME I turn FSX on! Thank you for the development!

I have and idea for you guys, and I know it would be difficult but would make GSX unbeatable!

CUSTOM PUSHBACKS and TOWING.

Please do read it!

I'll give you guys some examples...

http://www.aisweb.aer.mil.br/arquivos/cartas/emenda/sbgr_pdc_pdc_20111215.pdf?CFID=c6191546-5d0c-404c-9dd0-c29a91884901&CFTOKEN=0 Look at this...

Today I was on gate H08 and there was another aircraft on H06 (in real life)... we pushed to Taxiway H3 and they pushed to Taxiway H1... after being pushed the pushback truck towed/pulled us a little bit foward.

In this same airport, an a340 parked at gate I05 will be pushed via I2 and then pushed right to this taxiway parallel to A and B (Let's call it W)...

Sometimes, A320s or 737s parked at F14 position for example, will be pushed right and towed to H06 gate where they have a jetway...

Those examples show that the pushback Truck is needed for other operations many times on real life. What I suggest here is that you develop a way to allow the user to customize the pushback and allow towing. My idea is creating the option CUSTOM when you choose pushback (like 1 - Left, 2 - Right, 3 - Custom). When you click custom It will start adding pushback "legs"... For each leg it will ask 1 - Pushback, 2 - Towing, 3 - Push Route Complete then, 1 - Left, 2 - Right and finally it will show the taxiway options that intersects the current taxiway. When clicking Push Route Complete, the push procedure route is done. At the end of the push the GSX would show 3 options. 1 - Hold "1" for pushing a bit more (tracking the taxiway), 2 - Hold "2" for towing a bit foward (tracking the taxiway) and 3 - Push is complete.
Count with me for testing if necessary.
Thank you for the attention, I hope you like the idea... GSX users feel free to tell what you think about it... thanks

Israelponte

Re: GSX Upgrade Idea
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 05:28:19 am »
Forgot to give an example... In this program I kinda "wrote", the pushback of the A340 I mentioned would be: Custom, Pushback/Left/I2, Pushback/Right/W, Pushback Route Complete.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 06:13:47 am »
GSX always supported custom pushback routes since it's first release, it's just that is not user-customizable right now.

Israelponte

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 03:12:11 pm »
Great to read that... Do you mean that is possible to write custom routes in the raw data?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2012, 03:41:30 pm »
Great to read that... Do you mean that is possible to write custom routes in the raw data?

We use it all the time in the FSDT airport supported by GSX, they are not exactly routes as you described them but, we can specify two alternate pushback procedures for each parking, each one having a final "target" node, which has to be an existing AFCAD node, and each one can have a custom label instead of "Left/Right". You can have some examples at KLAX.

As I've said, this is not user-customizable right now, but it might eventually be.

Israelponte

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2012, 04:05:15 pm »
Thank you again for your reply...

So I'll wait untill this customization capability be available for the user. Please do consider this routing method, when trying to make the customization editable by the user, it would make the possibilities infinite  ;D

Keep on the great job you're doing with GSX ;D