Author Topic: New FSXBA Hornet  (Read 1163334 times)

mikewmac

Re: New FSXBA Hornet
« Reply #1200 on: March 07, 2016, 09:30:23 pm »
I believe one of the changes "they" made going from v15.2 to v16.1 was that they removed the blue (cyan, I think it was) color possibility from the HUD. IE: Green is all there is now, on the v16.1. I am pretty sure the older versions still have it, but the improvements they've made to the HUD in the v16.1 make it worth loosing the cyan color, IMO.
I believe that Jimi mentioned this all in the latest Update Notes he posted with the DL link.
I am pretty sure that's on page 76 of this thread. I'll check to see what I can find...
Pat☺

Pat,

Yes, you are correct. The blue HUD display was disabled in v16.1 and was so noted in Jimi's release notes.  ;)
Mike M.

PhantomTweak

« Reply #1201 on: March 08, 2016, 06:42:40 am »
Thanks, Mike. I appreciate the verification.  :D
Pat☺

gillesaw

« Reply #1202 on: March 08, 2016, 01:23:37 pm »
Hello everybody.

Thank you for your reply.

Best regards.

Gilles

PhantomTweak

« Reply #1203 on: March 17, 2016, 08:18:50 am »
Ok, been doing a lot of flying the 16.1 release. Mostly the Training version, but some with the Clean version.
Only two things have I found so far. And very minor they are indeed!!
First, they forgot to put in the Pilot's weight in the W&B section (200 lbs). Very easy to fix with a small edit to the aircraft.cfg.
Secondly, I have found that the stability in roll only (so far at least) isn't what it could be. Or what it is under different conditions. I tested at 800'AGL average and about M0.34, about 150KIAS. If I make a sharp roll and then reverse it back to level again, like for a turn in tight quarters, for example, it tends to wobble a little bit when returning to level. It clears after a short time, maybe 10-12 oscillations. It doesn't slowly null out, it just stops, and the plane is solid as a rock again.
Other than that, one thing I have found, that I immediately fell in love with, was that it doesn't try to climb after a tight turn! Until now, when in the break, for example, when rolling level the nose would go high and need a LOT of stick input to get it back level again. Now, it STAYS level on roll out. It's AWESOME!!
This plane is a real joy to fly, although it has a slight lack of power above about 32,000'MSL, but for all I know, that is what it SHOULD be. It is stable as a rock, turns on a dime, flies inverted easily (for about 10 secoonds :) ), all of it is a real joy.
I just can not say enough good about this version!! I vocally and strongly recommend it to anyone that will listen, on a couple different forums.
Thank you all for such a wonderful plane!
Pat☺

Dman

« Reply #1204 on: March 19, 2016, 08:52:23 pm »
Ok..so build 16.1 worked great in P3D v3.2
Installed VRS Tack Pack last night.. Now the legacy hornet is missing effects and has some sort of sim connect error issues..
Obviously tack pack has inhibited some of the programming on the legacy hornet.. Not sure if this is known issue, or what the work around is..

brunofer

« Reply #1205 on: April 25, 2016, 09:15:31 pm »
Any news here? This forum seems quite calm in the last times

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #1206 on: April 26, 2016, 03:34:04 am »
Any news here? This forum seems quite calm in the last times

Hey man, nothing big at this point.  A few refinements here and there but nothing huge.  Been busy with real-life issues as of late.

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

brunofer

« Reply #1207 on: April 26, 2016, 10:54:59 am »
THANK you Jimi! My goal was only to see if everything was going on ( no matter if quickly or slowly ). I perfectly know that real life is 
not the same as the virtual one ( alias real life=real problems). Thanks

gmazzei

« Reply #1208 on: May 12, 2016, 07:30:48 am »
Hi Jimi

In the aircraft.cfg af FSXBA (both version 15.6 and 16.1) under [EFFECTS]
there is the following reference
dirt=fx_tchdrtdummy

I don't have any effect with this name , where can I find that?
May I substitute that with fx_dummy?

Thanks

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #1209 on: May 12, 2016, 11:01:31 am »
Hey gmazzei,

You are correct, there is no fx_tchdrtdummy effects file.  These should be a fx_tchdrt file however.  Try taking the "dummy" off, reloading and trying again.

Jimi

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

72westy

« Reply #1210 on: May 19, 2016, 11:23:47 pm »
Will this work with P3D v3.2.3.16769?
Win10 Pro 22H2 19045.3448/Core i7 3770K/G-Skill 32GB DDR3 RAM CL7-8-8-24/Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 BIOS F10/Asus RTX 2070 OC 8GB/Crucial MX 500 1TB SSD/(x3)1TB RAW Mushkin SSDs/LG Blue Ray DL Burner/Corsair RM-750/Rosewill Mid Challenger Tower/X56HOTAS/TrackIRPro5/Oculus Quest 2/Inateck KU5211

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #1211 on: May 22, 2016, 08:53:13 pm »
Not sure.  Last I checked, the jet worked partially with v3.  Because of some of the change in code formatting, some of the gauges and avionics did not work.

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels

72westy

« Reply #1212 on: May 25, 2016, 11:42:52 pm »
Not sure.  Last I checked, the jet worked partially with v3.  Because of some of the change in code formatting, some of the gauges and avionics did not work.

Are you still actively providing future fixes for the Hornet?
Win10 Pro 22H2 19045.3448/Core i7 3770K/G-Skill 32GB DDR3 RAM CL7-8-8-24/Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 BIOS F10/Asus RTX 2070 OC 8GB/Crucial MX 500 1TB SSD/(x3)1TB RAW Mushkin SSDs/LG Blue Ray DL Burner/Corsair RM-750/Rosewill Mid Challenger Tower/X56HOTAS/TrackIRPro5/Oculus Quest 2/Inateck KU5211

Johan

« Reply #1213 on: May 27, 2016, 07:32:57 pm »
OK, I'm working on it! Thanks
I am having trouble getting the Takeoff trim to affect the stabs on the ground and on the CV. I dont see a change when I arm the master arm switches and then turn on pitot heat switch. Anything else required? Love this jet BTW.

The T/O trim is in a different location for this bird.  It's actually where it's supposed to be.  It is the little button located on the top of the rudder trim dial located on the left side of the cockpit.  As place where it is on the VRS Superbug if you have that.  Click on it to set the T/O trim.

Hi Jimmy,

Wonderful plane indeed. Thank you for all this work and improvements form past iterations.
I am having the same problem as above. My T/O trim and ATC buttons as described in the manual do not seem to work. The ATC sign in the HUD only appears with Shift+R, not with the physical push of the button. I have installed C++ Redist. so I think my software is up to date.
Thanks for your help,
Regards,

Johan

PhantomTweak

« Reply #1214 on: May 27, 2016, 09:06:52 pm »
Well, as Jimi pointed out, the T/O trim has been moved to the top of the Rudder Trim Adjust knob. You don't need any other switches or buttons to make it work.

As far as I know, the only way to get the ATC to work is SHFT+R. I know it has several disconnects, like manually advancing the throttles past 90%, and there's a button ON the front of the throttles that will also disconnect it. Several other ways I can't recall atm though.
I believe they are rewriting the manual to take into account all the changes in the v16.1. But I could be wrong. I mostly ready the actual NATOPS, which the bird's systems are modeled on, and very well too, might I add.

Hope that helps a little...
Pat☺