Author Topic: New FSXBA Hornet  (Read 1148681 times)

brunofer

Re: New FSXBA Hornet
« Reply #1155 on: February 16, 2016, 02:04:24 pm »
Sorry Jimi... I didn't mean to bother you with my questions about already known bugs but I' m new in this forum.
I'd have 1 more question:
 Could be possible to make the canopy shiny and the HUD transparent ( front external view now it's black)
Thank you ( GREAT Hornet ) - ( I haven't  the time to read all posts
to be well informed about this project ) bye

Orion

« Reply #1156 on: February 16, 2016, 07:58:41 pm »
Then the Hornet starts thinking I want to go side to side.  I've got the stick neutral and yet I look down in the VC only to see the VC stick swinging like there's no tomorrow.

You can try resetting the FCS by turning the spin recovery switch on and off.  Are you using the version that Jimi posted here (http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg98293.html#msg98293)?  There are adjusted PID constants in that version which should reduce oscillations.

AvgeekJoe

« Reply #1157 on: February 16, 2016, 08:00:56 pm »
Then the Hornet starts thinking I want to go side to side.  I've got the stick neutral and yet I look down in the VC only to see the VC stick swinging like there's no tomorrow.

You can try resetting the FCS by turning the spin recovery switch on and off.  Are you using the version that Jimi posted here (http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg98293.html#msg98293)?  There are adjusted PID constants in that version which should reduce oscillations.

I will try that this evening...

sidoti

« Reply #1158 on: February 16, 2016, 08:30:16 pm »
For everybody who is tired like me of having taxi/landing lights always on after take-off and do not want to manually
switch them off/on, I have written this little gauge.
You can copy/paste it and save as XML file:

<Gauge Name="Auto landing/taxi lights" Version="1.0"
<Update Frequency="1"/>
<Element>
   <Select>
      <Value>
             (A:GEAR CENTER POSITION, percent) 100 !=
             if{
                 (A:LIGHT TAXI, bool) 1 ==
                if{
                     (&gt;K:TOGGLE_TAXI_LIGHTS) }

(A:LIGHT LANDING, bool) 1 ==
            if{
                     (&gt;K:LANDING_LIGHTS_OFF) }
               }
      </Value>
   </Select>
</Element>
</Gauge>

Cheers.

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #1159 on: February 17, 2016, 01:00:52 am »

AvgeekJoe:
I would really, really like this FSXBA Hornet except in Windows 10, I'm flying about great for about 10 minutes with TacPack on and then the FSX frames start to shut down.  Then the Hornet starts thinking I want to go side to side.  I've got the stick neutral and yet I look down in the VC only to see the VC stick swinging like there's no tomorrow.  Meanwhile the pilot is stuck looking left like he's doing the Blue Angels Echelon Pass...

I then make the same run through the same valley in the brand new RealAir Legacy V2.  No issues whatsoever.

Seriously what is going on?

A few things here....  First, under what conditions were you that caused the jet to start wagging?  Second, I'd recommend what ORION posted earlier.  Not sure which version you have download or using, but the latest release has updated PIDs to correct the wagging back and forth.  Third, it MIGHT by the high resolution textures assigned to the aircraft that might be causing the lagging, but not sure.  Either case, next release will have downgraded textures that should be a little easier on the processors with minor degradation in aesthetics.

Brunofer:
Sorry Jimi... I didn't mean to bother you with my questions about already known bugs but I' m new in this forum.
I'd have 1 more question:
 Could be possible to make the canopy shiny and the HUD transparent ( front external view now it's black)
Thank you ( GREAT Hornet ) - ( I haven't  the time to read all posts
to be well informed about this project ) bye
I'll take a look and see what I can do.

Sidoti:
For everybody who is tired like me of having taxi/landing lights always on after take-off and do not want to manually
switch them off/on, I have written this little gauge.
You can copy/paste it and save as XML file:

<Gauge Name="Auto landing/taxi lights" Version="1.0"
<Update Frequency="1"/>
<Element>
   <Select>
      <Value>
             (A:GEAR CENTER POSITION, percent) 100 !=
             if{
                 (A:LIGHT TAXI, bool) 1 ==
                if{
                     (&gt;K:TOGGLE_TAXI_LIGHTS) }

(A:LIGHT LANDING, bool) 1 ==
            if{
                     (&gt;K:LANDING_LIGHTS_OFF) }
               }
      </Value>
   </Select>
</Element>
</Gauge>

Cheers.

Took a brief look at this, I understand what you desire based on your last post, but wouldn't this coding ALWAYS toggle the landing and taxi lights off, making it impossible for the user to use them if even if they wanted to?  If you are not concerned with light at all, I highly recommend just going to the aircraft.cfg and slashing (//) out the entries of the lights  you do not desire.  Just my two cents.

That's it for now.

Jimi

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

PhantomTweak

« Reply #1160 on: February 17, 2016, 08:29:04 pm »
Mr. Orion,
I apologize!
As usual, I got confused as to which is which. My mistake, but TY for putting the link up again. I appreciate it!
Pat☺

sidoti

« Reply #1161 on: February 17, 2016, 10:17:41 pm »
Hi guys,
I have a problem with the FCS.
It says it's initialized but if I read the variable FCS_ENABLE it is always at 0, zero not anabled right?
I tried with all the cockpit switches but no hope!
Thanks for help.

Cheers.

Orion

« Reply #1162 on: February 18, 2016, 03:26:00 am »
It says it's initialized but if I read the variable FCS_ENABLE it is always at 0, zero not anabled right?

The L: variable that returns whether or not the FCS gauge (HornetFCS.dll) has initialized is fcs_initialized.

Kea

« Reply #1163 on: February 18, 2016, 03:51:40 am »
Brunofer:

I think you can produce a shiny/clear canopy by using the CP_F18_Glass... (R, S and T) files from previous versions. If you don't have them anymore, they are here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_KeMXMmL3b3SU1VTUF4ejZXa28/view?usp=sharing

Not sure what you mean by black HUD from the external view? Anyway, give these files a try (recommend you backup the old ones first in case you want to return to them!) and see if it helps at all.

brunofer

« Reply #1164 on: February 18, 2016, 11:08:46 am »
Thank you Kea, I'll try.  For black HUD I mean that looking the aircraft from the external view, the HUD appears like a black rectangle... 

brunofer

« Reply #1165 on: February 18, 2016, 07:25:21 pm »
Hi Kea! Just tryed the textures but the canopy is still too matt , the skin of the aircraft is more shiny as respect with the canopy...

brunofer

« Reply #1166 on: February 19, 2016, 12:35:13 pm »
Thank you Kea for you paints!!! The  NSAWC ones are simply stunning  ;) :D 

Kea

« Reply #1167 on: February 20, 2016, 09:56:54 pm »
Thanks brunofer
Sorry about the canopy issue - I'd need to play around a bit to make the canopy more reflective, don't have a lot of time at the moment.

ramasr

« Reply #1168 on: February 21, 2016, 12:11:21 am »
Hi falks,

First of all thanks to all who is working and improving this Hornet. But i failed to initialize FCS gauge in new Hornet..I reinstalled aircraft several times but couldn't find mistake. Need Your help...

Orion

« Reply #1169 on: February 21, 2016, 01:01:06 am »
But i failed to initialize FCS gauge in new Hornet..I reinstalled aircraft several times but couldn't find mistake. Need Your help...

Try installing the Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable x86 (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=49984).