Author Topic: New FSXBA Hornet  (Read 1148524 times)

FERG

Re: New FSXBA Hornet
« Reply #1110 on: January 30, 2016, 12:46:45 pm »
Jimi

huge thanks for the great work on the jet and looking forward to next weeks release. Forgive me if this question has been asked before but is there scope to include squadron colours on the pilot figure's helmet. For example some USMC guys wear the camouflage covers on their helmets?

cheers

Ferg

Hawker

« Reply #1111 on: January 30, 2016, 07:18:15 pm »
Can someone post a link for the tacpack files please? Seems the previous ones are dead.
Thanks

edakridge

« Reply #1112 on: January 30, 2016, 10:02:32 pm »
The 16.1 version will include the work that we have done with Tacpack up to this point.

Ah-Menace

« Reply #1113 on: January 30, 2016, 11:41:14 pm »
Jimi,
 Kool thanx for the info bro! Here's whats coming,hopefully I can pm you before you release 16.Let's just say I've been learning more about PS and A.I. and finally understand Normal and Alpha files!

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #1114 on: January 31, 2016, 02:42:33 am »
Very Nice Ahmenace!  Yes, I'll send you a PM.

BT

Thanks Ed.  Yes, Hawker, the next beta release will include tacpack functionality.  Should be out within a week.

Jimi

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

Hawker

« Reply #1115 on: January 31, 2016, 01:59:43 pm »
Outstanding , thanks. Also, is there a way to remove the stopwatch in the cockpit?  I don't see a manual anywhere, perhaps I've missed it, or its in a previous version.

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #1116 on: January 31, 2016, 09:59:21 pm »
Remove it?  For which variant?  The stopwatch should only be in the Blue Angels variant  (true to the real version) and is not removable.  It is operable however through the use of the "Spoilers Armed" function.

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

Hawker

« Reply #1117 on: February 01, 2016, 12:24:48 am »
Well that's interesting, I have in in the FA18D line version. Possibly installed something wrong? Not a major problem as I've aliased it to the C.
I did find a manual in the older 12.3 package on simvation in case anyone else is looking.

If possible can the tacpack gurus include the LGB's please? Ive gotten pretty good at using the VRS F18E and recording laser designating targets in fsrecorder, then playing it back and dropping LGBs with the M2000 and F14D/GR4.

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #1118 on: February 01, 2016, 01:37:45 am »
....Yeah....the "D" version....  Not really supporting that one as of now, and will probably be a while before I really start re-engaging that one.  The D was created and mainly designed to be used as an FSX Blue Angel bird.  As you stated previously, you can make coding changes and mix-match cockpits with exterior models if you desire.

As for the TacPack side of the house, can promise anything here.  As of know, my knowledge of TacPack doesn't cover LGBs yet, and even if so, I would need to be able to tap into the avionics of the jet such as the MFDs in order for functionality to be somewhat accurate. 

Only two possible ways to remedy that....
     1.  Get the source coding from the FS Dreamteam, so that we can make adjustments/changes as needed to include the functionality (not going to happen anytime soon), or...
     2.  Create all new avionics for the jet from the ground up (also not going to happen as I do not have the coding expertise). 

The closest thing I MIGHT be able to do at this point (been trying for the last 2 weeks..) is some sort of "Boresight Mode" where you point the jet visually at the object you intend to deploy LGBs to and those coordinates get sent to the bomb before it's released.  I would image it would work a lot like CCIP (...but for smart bombs) if you are familiar with that.  From there it would track to its target.  But using the good ol' radar to lock up the target and have the camera feed track the target until detonation..... don't really see that happening anytime soon, unless someone with the proper knowhow volunteers their skills.

Sorry, don't really have any good news for you, but that's where we stand at this point.

Jimi

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels

Hawker

« Reply #1119 on: February 01, 2016, 02:17:33 pm »
My apologies, I wasn't asking for functioning smart bombs/LTD, etc . Hoping the team can add the GBUs to the load out , as in the metal2mesh M2000 for example. Ive found using the VRS superbug can lase the target, recorded and played back as AI, then player controlled tacpack aircraft can drop the GBU which will track." buddy lasing"
Not sure on the mechanics behind this, but if I add a tacpack gbu to an aircraft and try this method as a "releasable object" it doesn't track. It will work if the munition is part of a tacpack enabled aircraft however.

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #1120 on: February 04, 2016, 06:20:37 am »
Gents,

There has been much progress on the jet. Below is the most recent version is 16.1 and is considered the latest Beta version.

FSXBA F/A-18C 16.1
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3So3WwTLPRZVU1jaVUtTXZIVVU/view?usp=sharing

Most notable changes include:
-FCS logic changes:  

Huge thanks to ORION for all of the work (and miracles) that he's done with coding this Flight Control System!

>Got rid of the complete cross-over from G Command to Pitch Rate Command and vice versa.  New FCS now incorporates a Primary G Command system with Pitch Rate feedback below cornering speed (310 knots).  This has shown to provide a smoother transition between zones and seems to keep more in line with the description of the system.  Also adjusted the error zeroing coding to fix "pitch notching" issue that was experienced while trying to reset pitch input error.

>Re-adjusted all PIDs to minimize error.  Still working on roll and yaw axis PIDs as they still remain a challenge.

>AOA during transition from UA mode to PA mode is captured and set as initial AOA up entering PA mode.  With Weight ON Wheels, Trimmed AOA is maintained until changed manually by pilot input.  Per input from SLUDGE, stabs are automatically deflected upward to a set position until input is sensed from the pilot upon landing.

>AOA command authority able 22 degrees AOA has been adjusted for better control.

>Rolling Surface to Rudder Interconnect (RSRI) has been re-introduced into the system by use of Rudder Trim.  System uses lateral stick position and speed to feed in rudder while rolling the aircraft.

>Takeoff Trim has been reprogrammed as dynamic system using an initial set position for the stabs and then gradually increasing stab position to rotate the aircraft at roughly the same speed.  New system takes airspeed and aircraft weight into account.

>Trim re-centering function has been updated to re-center elevator and aileron trim once activated.  Re-centering function can be activated by pressing the TO Trim button with Weight OFF Wheels.

>Updated the Automatic Throttle Control (ATC) to more accurately maintain speed based on UA or PA modes.  ATC deactivate mechanisms have also been updated to deactivate ATC based on NATOPS.

Aircraft Config & .Air File Changes:
>Big thanks to PETER and PAT for the new Moments of Inertia (MOIs).  All variants have been updated.

>Per recommendation of SLUDGE, increased max stab deflection.  PIDs re-adjusted to reflect.

>Retested aircraft performance in PA mode and adjusted flap lift and drag in order to match calculated approach speeds at given AOA and throttle setting.

>Resolved "ghost flap" issue by removing extra flap entries (Rudder Toe-In & Aileron Droop) from CFG and included them into Trailing edge flaps.  Adjusted .air file and PIDs to compensate.

TacPack Integration:
>With big help from Ed Akridge ED AKRIDGE and DINO CATTANEO, we were able to better integrate TacPack into the jet with working Gun, Sidewinders, Mk-82s, Mk-84s, Zuni Rockets.  Maverick Missiles fire, but do not track (still working this issue).  Chaff and Flares work as well as the audible warning tones for the Radar Warning Receiver (RWR).

I simplified the steps needed to set up the jet to deploy certain ordnance by creating macros.  See the button combination below for each weapons mode:
Ctrl + Shift + 1 = No Mode (Navigation Mode)
Ctrl + Shift + 2 = Air to Air Gun Mode
Ctrl + Shift + 3 = Air to Air Sidewinder Mode
Ctrl + Shift + 4 = Air to Air AMRAAM Mode
Ctrl + Shift + 5 = Air to Ground Gun Mode
Ctrl + Shift + 6 = Air to Ground MK-82 Mode
Ctrl + Shift + 7 = Air to Ground MK-84 Mode
Ctrl + Shift + 8 = Air to Ground Zuni (Rockets) Mode
Ctrl + Shift + 9 = Air to Ground Maverick Mode
F = Flare
C = Chaff
W = Weapons reload

Please keep in mind that the user has to be in the virtual cockpit view when pressing these macros for the function to work.  The weapons available are based on the variant, so if the model doesn't show bombs attached to the wings, don't expect that particular weapons mode to work (i.e. the Air to Air bird, will not drop bombs since they are not loaded, etc).  By pressing the key combinations above, the jet will activate the applicable ordnance, select the appropriate Master Mode and HUD functionality, and activate the master arm switch.  All that is left is to squeeze the trigger or press the pickle button.

Avionics:
>There's been some work on HUD functionality as well.  Thanks to some good input from SLUDGE, we've corrected the trimmed AOA indication in PA mode to display trimmed AOA on the lower right side of the HUD only when the pilot manually changes the assigned AOA through use of the elevator trim function.  The change is only to be displayed on the HUD for 5 seconds.

>Flashing "ATC" will now be displayed on HUD for 10 seconds once ATC has been deactivated.

>Big Thanks to the help of JIVKO RUSEV, both the Ground Target Designator diamond and Continuously Calculated Impact Point (CCIP) targeting piper have now been implemented in the HUD to display selected waypoints and impact points and associated data.

>Thanks again to ED AKRIDGE for his help this time with the implementation of TacPack carrier TACAN and ILS HUD information.  Now the appropriate HUD indications display once TacPack carrier TCN/ILS frequencies are entered into the Up Front Control Panel.

>HUD also displays weapon type and number of ordnance/rounds remaining depending on weapons mode selected.

>We also incorporated an "FCS FAIL" to display on the HUD if the FCS.dll gauge has been detected to have not been loaded or not functioning correctly.

>The Blue HUD Display is now disabled.

Installer:
>Due to the hard work of ORION, a new Auto-installer has been implemented to help those install the new yet.  This installer allows the recipient to select which variants he wants to install on FSX Boxed, FSX Steam, or P3D v2.  It also automatically installs the required C++ Redistributable file and displays the operating manual for the jet upon completion.  At the completion of the installation, the auto-installer opens a pdf manual for the jet (manual is currently being updated and still a work in progress).

Textures:
>Big thanks goes out to BAZZA from Groom Lake Simulations and AHMENACE for the updated cockpit textures and new exterior textures for the jet.  Still working on the night lighting for the cockpit.

Still Working On/Already Know Is Broken:
>Ladder and Chocks no longer work when pressing Shift + E and 3.  Still trying to figure out root cause for this issue.

>Weapons/Ordnance weights contained in the CFGs are adjusted for TacPack enabled aircraft.  Expect the next release to include extra CFGs for those who are not using TacPack.  (Sorry, just ran out of off time, and couldn't fit it in before this release...)

>Updated Aircraft Manual

>Instructional/Tutorial Videos detailing the specifics of the aircraft and how to use its systems.

>Downloadable Paint Kit

>BEFORE ALL OF YOU ASK (because I know it's coming...), there has been NO updates to the Delta (two seater) variant.  I've prioritized all of my efforts in getting the single seater completed first, before moving on to the two seater.

FINALLY!!! That's it!  I know that was a long read, but that should have pretty much gotten you guys up so speed on where we are as of now.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 10:47:55 pm by jimi08 »

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels

Kea

« Reply #1121 on: February 05, 2016, 08:03:22 am »
You are an absolute legend Jimi. And of course all the others who have helped on this project. We fly this jet ALL the time.

PhantomTweak

« Reply #1122 on: February 05, 2016, 09:10:51 am »
Woo-HOO!!

Every new version just gets better and better!! I will DL this latest release immediately. I LOVE this bird. It's the only pane I fly 99% of the time, and as soon as the RTWR is over, I'll be back on it!
Not only is this  bird a true joy to fly, but I can't believe such a fantasticaly done plane can be freeware. I can not tell you guys what that means to those of us who have limited budgets. Incredible, amazing...I can't think of adequate superlatives to describe the entire project. It just boggles my mind. Not only the quality of the plane, which would make the best payware design team green, but the amazing efforts of the entire team to make it so incredibly realistic, without a thought towords making money off us for it.

I'll shut up now.
Thank you to Jimi and the entire team for their hard work. I can't think of a better way to express the gratitude I feel for this plane. I am constantly, and strongly, recommending it on "other" forums I visit. And, natually, AICarriers.NET, and vLSO get my strongest recommendations too!  8) I do complain about those mean old LSO's though  :D

Great flights, and great days to one and all...
Pat☺

einherz

« Reply #1123 on: February 05, 2016, 11:51:46 am »
cool:) thank you, everybody

mikewmac

« Reply #1124 on: February 05, 2016, 03:04:30 pm »
Woo-HOO!!

Every new version just gets better and better!! I will DL this latest release immediately. I LOVE this bird. It's the only pane I fly 99% of the time, and as soon as the RTWR is over, I'll be back on it!
Not only is this  bird a true joy to fly, but I can't believe such a fantasticaly done plane can be freeware. I can not tell you guys what that means to those of us who have limited budgets. Incredible, amazing...I can't think of adequate superlatives to describe the entire project. It just boggles my mind. Not only the quality of the plane, which would make the best payware design team green, but the amazing efforts of the entire team to make it so incredibly realistic, without a thought towords making money off us for it.

I'll shut up now.
Thank you to Jimi and the entire team for their hard work. I can't think of a better way to express the gratitude I feel for this plane. I am constantly, and strongly, recommending it on "other" forums I visit. And, natually, AICarriers.NET, and vLSO get my strongest recommendations too!  8) I do complain about those mean old LSO's though  :D

Great flights, and great days to one and all...
Pat☺

+1... I'm a complete newbie to the FSXBA world and my hat is off to the team of guys led by Jimi that created this wonderful FSX aircraft. I downloaded v16.1 yesterday and flew it for an hour or so. It is an absolutely awesome freeware FSX aircraft and flies like a dream. ;D

The installer worked perfectly and unlike v15.6, the afterburner and lex vapor effects worked right out of the box, although the afterburner effect was a tad flaky at times. I'm going to re-calibrate my HOTAS Cougar throttle today and see if that helps.  ??? 

The TacPack ordnance macros were a great touch and certainly made using the TacPack integration much more straight forward, especially for a newbie like me.  ;)

I shot down a couple of aircraft with the A2A gun, but for some reason I haven't yet been able to get the A2A Sidewinders or AMRAAMs to fire, but am still trying to figure out what I might be doing wrong. As a quick check, mid flight I substitued in my VRS F-18E and its A2A Sidewinders and AMRAAMs fired and shot down some pesky aircraft before they could escape.  ;D

Today I'm also going to test some of the A2G modes and see if I can move some mud.  :) 
Mike M.