Author Topic: New FSXBA Hornet  (Read 1148786 times)

dreaminsight

Re: R: Re: New FSXBA Hornet
« Reply #420 on: September 19, 2014, 12:30:41 pm »
For whatever reason, the D's all have blue interiors (when viewed from the exterior). It might be missing a texture, IDK.

I dont have this problem, but this can be repaired as follows:
Copy all content in the folder called texture,
then drop all in the paint folder without replacing anything
Can you send me your folders please? :D

Hanimichal

• Hani Michal FSX add-ons
Re: R: Re: New FSXBA Hornet
« Reply #421 on: September 19, 2014, 03:07:02 pm »
For whatever reason, the D's all have blue interiors (when viewed from the exterior). It might be missing a texture, IDK.

I dont have this problem, but this can be repaired as follows:
Copy all content in the folder called texture,
then drop all in the paint folder without replacing anything
Can you send me your folders please? :D

Ok here is it https://e-nautia.com/hanimichal/disk/FSX FA-18c FSXBA/fa-18_FSXBA_texture_main.zip
is the same that comes with the model, I only reworked some of them

dreaminsight

Re: R: New FSXBA Hornet
« Reply #422 on: September 19, 2014, 04:55:26 pm »
Thanks Hani! 8)
Miro

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
Re: New FSXBA Hornet
« Reply #423 on: September 22, 2014, 04:39:17 am »
Hey guys,

I know its been a while and for that I apologize.  Ridiculously busy as of late.  Anyways, here is where I am at as of now.  Nothing huge.

-Added the great textures created by Hanimichal.  What a treat!  These Textures are outstanding!

-More tweaks to the auto rudder integration.

-Adjustments made to the auto-flap logic.

-Small adjustments to the throttle curves.

-Been do a little work on the cannon.  Definitely still a work in progress.  Although you have to be in the virtual cockpit to fire it (via the "Release Droppable Objects" function, you and your multiplayer friends should now see the tracers from the exterior of the jet.  Make sure to install the Effects and Effects/Texture files.

-Cleaned up some of the redundant texture files to decrease the download size.

Here it is:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3So3WwTLPRZaDV5RDFiS20zS0k/edit?usp=sharing

Still have much work to do with it, but I'll take a little progress than none at all...

-Jimi

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

dave76

« Reply #424 on: September 24, 2014, 11:58:42 am »
hello jimi,

seems the link was too busy to download.............again thanks for your work :) :)

dreaminsight

Re: R: New FSXBA Hornet
« Reply #425 on: September 24, 2014, 12:09:39 pm »
Hi Jimi, wonderful work. Thanks :P May you can add a fix for the -D version which is affect by a problem that shows blue interiors? :-[

Thanks again.

Snake

« Reply #426 on: September 25, 2014, 12:16:40 am »
i get the same error message and cannot download. Tried to download the t 45 from dino's download site and get the same error.

Orion

« Reply #427 on: September 25, 2014, 12:33:00 am »
That's because it's hosted on Google Docs and Google limits download bandwidth.  Too many people are trying to download it.  Wait a week for things to calm down.

Lion207

« Reply #428 on: October 02, 2014, 02:51:49 pm »
Jimi/All,

Not sure if anyone else is having this issue, but (in P3D), when I lower the hook, the sound volume increases significantly - as if the canopy has opened (it hasn't - I checked. LOL). When I raise the hook, volume returns to normal (as if the canopy has closed). This happens at a standstill on the apron as well as in-flight. Only happens with the FSXBA F-18, no other aircraft (like Dino's T-45/F-14).

Has anyone else experienced this, either in P3D or FSX? If not (or if so), is it something I can fix on my end with a config change, or are these sounds tied to the model animation???

Thanks!
~Matt

pyroperson87

• To those who love aviation, the sky is home.
« Reply #429 on: October 02, 2014, 10:20:47 pm »
Matt,

I haven't experienced this myself, but I believe it is caused by the way Jimi has implemented the hook animation. If I'm not mistaken he assigned the animation via one of the 4 "open/close exit 1,2,3,4" commands which is how he was able to make it visible in multiplayer. I expect that is what is causing the sound changes, although like I said, it isn't something I have experienced. How do you have your FSX sounds setup? External sounds to speakers and internal sounds to a headset?
Pops

Lion207

« Reply #430 on: October 03, 2014, 05:13:38 pm »
Pyro,

It's a straight vanilla install of P3D with only FSUIPC, AIShips and vLSO installed. No sound changes; everything is output to my default Windows device (speakers).

Looked at it again, and realized that I can put the hook down with the 'SHIFT+E, 4' key combination as you suggested, so I'm sure you're on to something.

I'm going to try and fire up FSX and see if I get the same behavior there. If not, it's likely another occurrence of P3D breaking something that worked fine in FSX (like.. say.. carrier FLOLS?) and I'll just live with it.  :D

Thanks!
~Matt

UPDATE:
I'm an idiot. I forgot about 1 very important add-on, because I hardly ever touch it. Accu-feel. Sure enough, with Accu-feel turned off, I don't experience this behavior. Accu-feel sees the hook down as an open exit, and increases the volume. My bad! Sorry, guys!

Move along. Nothing to see here. :-)
~M

(Edited. Reason: corrected info. 1D10T error.)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 05:36:51 pm by Lion207 »

pyroperson87

• To those who love aviation, the sky is home.
« Reply #431 on: October 03, 2014, 11:48:56 pm »
Glad you got it sorted bud.
Pops

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #432 on: October 14, 2014, 02:40:06 pm »
Hey Gents,

My schedule is FINALLY starting to ease a little, and I am able to contribute a little more time to the Charlie.  This weekend, I worked on the following:

-Engine shutdown effects and animations.  Upon engine shutdown and once hydraulic pressure dips below 1200psi, the flaps lower to full position and stabilators droop down to approx. 15.5 degrees.

-Adjusted Take Off Trim for better performance for both Land and Carrier based launches.

-Re-programmed the Take Off Trim Button to set take off trim with weight on wheels, and to re-center aileron trim while airborne (per NATOPS).

-APU switch so that it automatically resets to OFF approx. 1 minute after both engines are lit off.  I can get the APU to turn off, but cannot get the APU switch back to OFF.

The following are what I plan on tackling in the near future:
-There are a few instances where the taxi light will come on even though the gear is retracted.  I was start looking for a fix for that.

-In certain flight regimes, the flaps tend to cycle back and forth as it transitions through certain AOAs.

-The aircraft tends to capture ON SPEED at an airspeed slightly higher than it's supposed to.  Will be adjusting the flap lift to fix.

As for the Delta (2-Seater), I am delaying any work on it until I have the Charlie complete.

Last but not least.... Although I know HOW to do textures, I am not very good at them.  Marginal at best... With that being said, I am looking for some of you talented guys to re-texture the cockpit of this bird so that the inside looks just as amazing as some of the exterior work that has been submitted.  Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Updated download links to come soon.

-Jimi

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

Roller25

« Reply #433 on: October 16, 2014, 10:02:15 am »
Fantastic job on this jet Jimi!

I've been flying it with the Oculus Rift DK2. Absolutely awesome. Being able to look over your shoulder and seeing a life size scale wing flex under G is something else. Also doing laps around the boat is crazy good. I encourage all to experience it if you have access to a Rift. Once the Consumer Version comes out with higher resolution flight simming is going to be on a whole 'nother level.

Looking forward to future updates Jimi - cannot believe this thing is freeware dude. Respect.

Jimi, do you have the VC .max file? I wouldn't mind having a go at baking realistic materials and some ambient occlusion for the textures.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 11:02:21 am by Roller25 »

Orion

« Reply #434 on: October 16, 2014, 10:31:51 am »
Jimi: Sounds good!  Looking forward to seeing the new version. :)

Roller25: Are you using the Oculus Rift with FSX or P3D?  If it's the former, how so?