Author Topic: New FSXBA Hornet  (Read 1163732 times)

Wolverine1621

Re: New FSXBA Hornet
« Reply #1335 on: March 13, 2017, 10:25:40 pm »
That definitely helps! I was definitely wondering if the FCS info was innacurate as it seemed to be flying fine otherwise. After loading the plane in on the ground, I'll usually get a split second of "FCS FAIL" flashing on the HUD and 2 "warning"s from betty, but I assume that's just the FCS addon itself starting up.

I would really like to get the nav radio issue figured out if I can, so hopefully somebody knows what's up! Might see if I can figure out how to add the default 172 radio stack as a separate window to the aircraft for now, and might also see if 17.1 has the same issue.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 10:30:33 pm by Wolverine1621 »

PhantomTweak

« Reply #1336 on: March 14, 2017, 07:18:10 am »
I'll usually get a split second of "FCS FAIL" flashing on the HUD and 2 "warning"s from betty, but I assume that's just the FCS addon itself starting up.
Yes, it is. Perfectly normal :)

As to the radio problem: As I say, I've seen others have it, but I never have. One possibility comes to mind, one thing that may affect it: Do you use a normal plane for your default flight? IE: the default C172, or the air-trike thingy? If not, try changing the default flight back to the original default flight. Quick, easy way is to edit the FSX.cfg.
I don't know if that will help, but it's a thought. Also, ensure the default flight isn't a cold-n-dark set-up. Again, make the default flight the original FSX default and see what happens.
Again, no idea, but one of these things MAY help...
Pat☺

Wolverine1621

« Reply #1337 on: March 14, 2017, 12:56:39 pm »
My default flight is still the FSX default as far as I'm aware. I'll double check, though!

I've checked out the stickied thread about the operation of the radios and can verify I'm doing everything according to that guide. I looked through and saw at least a couple other people who had the same issue, but there didn't really seem to be any solutions - just the few workarounds. Only other thing I can think of to try would be entering for example 115.950 instead of just 115.95? Not sure.

Hope I can get it working right!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 05:52:03 pm by Wolverine1621 »

cobrales

Re: New FSXBA Hornet DDI and UFCP
« Reply #1338 on: March 17, 2017, 12:42:51 pm »
A quick question on the DDI and UFCP.
When I go to the DDI data display I have only 0’s no data at all. The FE display is correct. The UFCP has no data but I can select tcn but I only see data on the keypad. Also my >0< landing indicator stays on all the time once I leave the ground, even when I pull up the gear. All this occurs in FSX only as FSX-SE is ok. It's like it not receiving any data from the plane. Though it might be the fa-18.dll but it's seems ok.

Les
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 04:33:11 pm by cobrales »

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #1339 on: March 17, 2017, 09:20:32 pm »
Les,

I echo Pat's sentiments stated earlier in regards to your fight.  Hang in there.

In regards to the issue below.  You said that this is occurring in FSX?  Usually this is the case in the more recent versions of P3D.  If it is FSX, I would confirm that you have the fa-18.dll in the Microsoft Games/Microsoft Flight Simulator X/Gauges folder.  If not, copy and paste that file from the SE version into your FSX-box version.

Hope this helps.

Jimi

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

cobrales

« Reply #1340 on: March 17, 2017, 11:14:42 pm »
jimmi

Thanks..I love to fly. My dad was in the Navy 30 years. 42 thru 72. He was an AMCM MCPO. We were in Memphis, Barbers Point, Midway, Oak Harbor.

Not sure what happen but I replaced the fsx fa-18.dll with the fsx-se fa-18.dll. No changes. I went to my to my Xp based desktop and used the fa-18.dll from it. Fixed.

I'm assuming that 15.x is the last compatible version with windows xp. The fcs doesn't load with the 16.x version. Big red fcs failed on hud......

Les
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 11:49:48 pm by cobrales »

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
« Reply #1341 on: March 18, 2017, 02:49:30 am »
Les,

Probably gonna need to install the C++ Update Redist file.  It's located in the FSXBA Hornet folder that you placed in the SimObjects/Aircraft Folder.  Look for a folder called "redist update".  Run the executable located in that folder.  SHOULD already have been installed if you ran the autoinstaller for the 16.1.

Good luck and hope this helps.

-Jimi

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

PhantomTweak

« Reply #1342 on: March 18, 2017, 06:43:58 am »
My dad was in the Navy 30 years. 42 thru 72. He was an AMCM MCPO. We were in Memphis, Barbers Point, Midway, Oak Harbor.
Our gratitude for his service. I mean that, not just an empty platitude.
See, my father was in the Navy too, but for a bit less time. He was a Flight Instructor, flying the AT-6 (tell you the time frame? Heh), got out as a LTJg. He got hammered at a change-of-command ceremony and, when the outgoing CO made his speech, at every pause, may dad went "HA!" Full dress whites, down to the sword, and there he was, leaning against a palm tree, going "HA!" every now and then. LOL!
He got transferred, quickly, to North Island, and was quietly asked to resign his commission. Well, at least UAL picked him up :D
My father-in-law was Navy, too. MCPO when he had his 25 in and retired. Boy, do we have some "interesting" discussions when we get together!
And I, well, being the black-sheep I am, I was a Marine :D
So yeah, I appreciate ALL our brothers/sisters in arms, whatever their branch (well, there IS the Air Force...  :P ), however long they served. We've all made the sacrifices, and had the same losses. And victories.
Just a quick note: When you run the Redist Update, it can APPEAR to be frozen, or locked up. Just let it run. It can take a little while. Get up, get a sandwich, or a cuppa Joe, and come back to check on it. It'll get done, never fear.
Good luck to you, sir, and let us know how things go, and whether we can be any more help :)
Pat☺
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 06:48:13 am by PhantomTweak »

cobrales

« Reply #1343 on: March 18, 2017, 10:39:53 am »
Yes, gratitude to all who serve or served.

Installed redist update per your post and still get fcs fail. the hornetfcs.dll asks to be trustted but when after lading flight there is no fcs in pull downs. Remember this is an windows xp machine.i  to upgrade it to win 10. it has all my goodies in it. graphics card, memory large capacity drives.

Les
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 02:38:53 pm by cobrales »

PhantomTweak

« Reply #1344 on: March 19, 2017, 06:17:20 am »
Are you running FSX as Admin? You don't have FSX installed in C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (X86) folders, do you? Is your HornetFCS.dll the one that came with the v16.1 or v17.1? I believe it should be dated 2/1/2016.
We gotta get this solved, I'm running short of new ideas here...  ;D  :D
Pat☺

cobrales

« Reply #1345 on: March 19, 2017, 09:20:50 am »
Are you running FSX as Admin?
Yes
You don't have FSX installed in C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (X86) folders, do you?
No
Is your HornetFCS.dll the one that came with the v16.1 or v17.1? I believe it should be dated 2/1/2016.
Yes
Just to clear up my problem.
Laptop with win10 runs 17.x no problem in fsx and fsx-se. Fcs loads.
Desktop with winxp runs 15.x no problem in fsx and fsx-se but 16.x nor 17.1 will not load fcs.
I have a backup of my fsx on my win10 usd drive. I ran it today on the winxp with the same result "fcs failed".
There's something just not compatible with xp.

Les
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 07:00:19 pm by cobrales »

PhantomTweak

« Reply #1346 on: March 19, 2017, 08:26:39 pm »
I may be way off base here, and if I am I hope someone will correct me, but maybe you can try setting the Compatibility Mode on the non-functional computer. Set it to Vista or whatever.
I don't KNOW that this will work, but maybe worth a shot?

Pat☺

Mattieduck

« Reply #1347 on: March 23, 2017, 10:22:13 am »
iv tried adding texture to the f-18 however the aircraft does not show up

PhantomTweak

« Reply #1348 on: March 23, 2017, 08:32:16 pm »
Textures from where? Made for what plane? And which plane and version are you trying to add to? As far as I know, there aren't any add-on textures available for the v16.1.
Maybe you can post the [fltsim.X] sections for the textures you're trying to add, and at least one from the plane you are trying to add to. It may help identify where-in lieth the rub :)
Hope this helps...
Pat☺

Mattieduck

« Reply #1349 on: March 23, 2017, 08:46:55 pm »
i understand there are no textures for 16.1 however im trying to add them for 15.6 there groomlakes repaint the issue is i had the textures and add the new entry to the cfg the aircraft appaers on the selection menu but once selected it doesnt show up or show up as a diffrent aircraft